Ezekiel Elliott Accused of Domestic Violence

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a running back thing! The league is going to run out of running backs soon.

Seriously? And a person who was in the car at the time was unaware of the "assault"? We don't know the facts (and probably never will) but we DO know that when you come into some money a lot of people will want a piece of it.

Edited by Augie

red mark on her wrist?????? come on...

I obviously dont advocate dudes ever touching women in any harming way...but seriously? he grabbed her wrist and she sees an opportunity to try to get some of his money because he is now a celebrity and is off to bigger and better things (and women)?? gimmie a break

I think it's a running back thing! The league is going to run out of running backs soon.

Seriously? And a person who was in the car at the time was unaware of the "assault"? We don't know the facts (and probably never will) but we DO know that when you come into some money a lot of people will want a piece of it.

red mark on her wrist?????? come on...

I obviously dont advocate dudes ever touching women in any harming way...but seriously? he grabbed her wrist and she sees an opportunity to try to get some of his money because he is now a celebrity and is off to bigger and better things (and women)?? gimmie a break

Welp now. On the one hand, it never ever ever happens that witnesses to some form of violence "didn't see anything" because their self-interest rolls that way, or because of the lure of hangin' with celebrity. <<<<<<<<Sar Chasm So it's not intrinsically unreasonable and shouldn't be cause to label this a "money grab" immediately.

Of more significance to the report IMO is that the alleged victim "refused medical treatment". If you are assaulted or want people to take seriously any claim you were assaulted, why would you not want to go to a medical facility and obtain documentation of any injuries, including internal injuries not visible to the eye? I understand why rape victims sometimes hesitate - a post-rape exam is painful and humiliating to the extent that even with a sympathetic examiner, it's been described by some as "a second assault". But no one has suffered pain or humiliation by having their wrist x-rayed and examined by an MD (that I know of), whereas any sort of case is essentially dead in the water if you don't.

This really, IMO, should not have been a media story at this point - just because of the alleged victim refusing a medical exam or treatment.

Edited by Hopeful

Welp now. On the one hand, it never ever ever happens that witnesses to some form of violence "didn't see anything" because their self-interest rolls that way, or because of the lure of hangin' with celebrity. <<<<<<<<Sar Chasm So it's not intrinsically unreasonable and shouldn't be cause to label this a "money grab" immediately.

Of more significance to the report IMO is that the alleged victim "refused medical treatment". If you are assaulted or want people to take seriously any claim you were assaulted, why would you not want to go to a medical facility and obtain documentation of any injuries, including internal injuries not visible to the eye? I understand why rape victims sometimes hesitate - a post-rape exam is painful and humiliating to the extent that even with a sympathetic examiner, it's been described by some as "a second assault". But no one has suffered pain or humiliation by having their wrist x-rayed and examined by an MD (that I know of), whereas any sort of case is essentially dead in the water if you don't.

This really, IMO, should not have been a media story at this point - just because of the alleged victim refusing a medical exam or treatment.

Great points and I agree...I was not trying to completely label it a money grab immediately (although I guess thats what I did) - more so saying that this seemed like a non story, and more of a piling on by the media portraying athletes in a negative light

Seems fishy but we just don't really know these athletes, no matter what you see on TV. I hope it's not true but he's not an angel and I do know that. Have no idea if he'd do something like this. But I'm not "shocked" either.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Great points and I agree...I was not trying to completely label it a money grab immediately (although I guess thats what I did) - more so saying that this seemed like a non story, and more of a piling on by the media portraying athletes in a negative light

Yeah, I wasn't calling it a certain money grab either, just that we will never know what really happened and why. Even if it seems all the facts have come out, we still won't know for sure. Even people who were there will have different perceptions.

There needs to be repercussions for false allegations too.

And I agree with this as well. Hard to enforce, but......

Yeah, I wasn't calling it a certain money grab either, just that we will never know what really happened and why. Even if it seems all the facts have come out, we still won't know for sure. Even people who were there will have different perceptions.

And I agree with this as well. Hard to enforce, but......

Exactly, maybe if it was "two black eyes" or "a broken arm"...or witnesses "saw Elliot strike her"....or some kind of obvious, serious injury there would and should be more attention here...but a damn red mark on your wrist?

Agreed

The 24 hour news cycle and trial-by-media has destroyed humanity.

And let's suppose they had a small tussle and he grabbed her wrist and hurt it slightly, how much money should she get for that? He should get suspended for that? What was her role, etc? Hell, how often does someone bruise a wrist, hand, arm, leg for that matter that makes it look as if someone could have done something.

Rape and sexual abuse are one thing, and we all know how that's been abused. It literally destroyed what may have been a great career for Brian Banks and the B word that lied about him sending him to prison for five years.

From wiki; Banks now serves as a spokesperson for the California Innocence Project

His accuser won $1.5M in a civil suit against a California school district. They sued her back and won, more than that, but no doubt the money was already spent, they'll never recover it from that loser.

I've seen quite a few first class bitches on video carrying on that left me thinking that it wouldn't be undeserved if someone did dot her I. Seems as if women have to drown her and her husband's kids in the bathtub or otherwise murder them in order to have any role in anything.

So to think that the basic money-grab is off limits is ridiculous. It happens all the time in one form or another in a country whose citizens worship wealth.

It's sad that most people already have this guy convicted. A lot of people were ready to send Shady to jail too, including the Philly mayor, but lo and behold apparently the off duty cops weren't behaving as they should have been and apparently deserved what they got. If not, we know that it would have been made a huge deal.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Yeah, more than wrist grabbing is being alleged (from Commonsense's link):

Just for every women out there getting abused it’s time to put a stop to it. This has been happening to me for months and it finally got out of control to where I was picked up and thrown across the room by my arms. Thrown into walls. Being choked to where I have to gasp for breath. Bruised everywhere, mentally and physically abused. It’s not okay. So I want each and everyone one of you girls to step away now from domestic violence. You’re worth so much more. I got told it was called “tough love” I’m sorry if you love someone you don’t touch your loved ones.

What's wrong with Whaley? He keeps drafting these guys who won't be playing for us the entire year or have low character.

He's really done it now... wait, who? Ezekiel Elliot? Oh, never mind.

Congratulations! I knew someone would try to use story as a way to show what a great job OBD is doing.