Le'Veon Bell facing 4 game suspension

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can he still appeal? Seems like they took the punishment and moved on. Bell said he got a new phone number and fought it from the get go.

@SalSports

Haven't heard anything about a Dareus appeal but if he truly just missed a test, he should, especially given Bell news.

Timing is everything with the NFL--does this make anyone wonder if perhaps Marcell didn't miss a test, but rather tested positive, and they're reducing Bell's suspension to send a message to Dareus?

Probably not the case, but you never know...

Timing is everything with the NFL--does this make anyone wonder if perhaps Marcell didn't miss a test, but rather tested positive, and they're reducing Bell's suspension to send a message to Dareus?

Probably not the case, but you never know...

i don't know but Bell is a repeat offender after having been suspended for first 4 games last year and getting that one reduced to 3. Dareus missed only one last year and that was for the spice possession (I thought) not failed/missed test.

Wow

@mikegarafolo

Staying in the same stage of the program means Le'Veon Bell's next suspension would also be four games, not 10. Decent deal for him.

Edited by YoloinOhio

He's got 500,000 reasons to appeal the suspension.

i don't know but Bell is a repeat offender after having been suspended for first 4 games last year and getting that one reduced to 3. Dareus missed only one last year and that was for the spice possession (I thought) not failed/missed test.

Wow

@mikegarafolo

Staying in the same stage of the program means Le'Veon Bell's next suspension would also be four games, not 10. Decent deal for him.

WOW...Marcell's only reason not to appeal is if he's lying about missing the test.

Wow

@mikegarafolo

Yeah wtf...what don't we (or just I) know about dareus? I feel like Bell is far worse off in terms of violations.

Wow

@mikegarafolo

It's a great deal for him. Gets his suspension reduced by a game and he stays at the same stage of the program. What did he have to give in return?

Wow

@mikegarafolo

sounds like some ol bull **** to me

can he still appeal? Seems like they took the punishment and moved on. Bell said he got a new phone number and fought it from the get go.

Its the players responsibility to report his new number to the testing dept. He knew what he was doing, bought himself a month or two of smokin i bet.

One time reprieve, someone probably tipped him off on the loophole. Kids a stoner.

Its the players responsibility to report his new number to the testing dept. He knew what he was doing, bought himself a month or two of smokin i bet.

One time reprieve, someone probably tipped him off on the loophole. Kids a stoner.

he sure is. Went to HS 5 minutes from my house. He's something else. Edited by YoloinOhio

This could be a one time thing based on the specific circumstances of this situation. A friend from Pittsburgh told me that Bell changed his cell phone number and never received the call for the random drug test (and apparently there was evidence to support this).