Turkey Coup!

Too bad the people leading this thing didn't ask for some advice. They would have been better off listening to one of the PPP guru's than doing what they did. Never captured the president, never put fear in the public, unable to control the media....yikes....now they are all going to die for treason?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad the people leading this thing didn't ask for some advice. They would have been better off listening to one of the PPP guru's than doing what they did. Never captured the president, never put fear in the public, unable to control the media....yikes....now they are all going to die for treason?

Or they were set up to fail...

Just throwing it out there.

From Erdogan himself to strengthen his image?

Not just his image, he's been stripping away democracy in the country for a few years now. He's also been warning of coups for the past few months and people thought he was crazy. Now there was one, and suddenly his authoritarian push will seem more reasonable to his supporters.

He's going to decimate the army and consolidate power after this. He has to.

That said, I'm not saying this is what happened -- it's just a possible scenario that tracks.

Not just his image, he's been stripping away democracy in the country for a few years now. He's also been warning of coups for the past few months and people thought he was crazy. Now there was one, and suddenly his authoritarian push will seem more reasonable to his supporters.

That said, I'm not saying this is what happened -- it's just a possible scenario that tracks.

Plausible and that would explain the half assed effort. Seeing the soldiers being dragged in by civilians and polices was disheartening and I wasn't really on one side. How are you going to let some guy in jeans up on your tank and pulling your ass off of it to take you in to what may be death. Not sure what their penalty for treason is but I can just imagine.

This could very well be his fire at the Reichstag.

Turkey Coup Supporters Arrested in Greece After Landing in Helicopter.

THOUGHTS ON THE TURKISH COUP ATTEMPT FROM JEFF CARTER:

There are no black and white answers surrounding Turkey. Yes, the President is a strongman. There will be a lot more bloodshed in Turkey. Erdogan isn’t a prime example of a tolerant leader. But, last night on Twitter even the Kurds who he is bitter enemies with were speaking up for democracy. The Kurds didn’t support the coup. Erdogan’s political opponents didn’t support the coup. That tells you something I think. The Turks do value democracy. Democracy is messy sometimes.

Another very interesting thing that happened last night. The military took over broadcasters. Erdogan, who has tried to severely restrict Twitter and Facebook, took to Facebook Live to communicate to his supporters.

Again, it just makes me think the best way to fight and win against radical terrorists is through a powerful network, not hierarchy. The way we are fighting today via vertical silos that have trouble communicating is not a way to win.

Turkey Coop....................... :rolleyes:

350x700px-LL-44122ce2_2013_Sept13002smmm

We are taking a Mediterranean cruise and will be stopping in Kusadasi Turkey in 2-1/2 weeks. With all the terror attack in Turkey, albeit removed from Kusadasi, I expected them (Celebrity) to cancel that port. I wonder if this will do it? I'm thinking not.

You've got to be kidding me? Obama is supporting Erdogan? Wtf is his deal? You'd think his foreign experience was limited to organizing communities.

Obama is the leader of a NATO country

Erdogan is the leader of a NATO country

Of course the leader of one NATO country would support the leader of another

Turkey Coup Supporters Arrested in Greece After Landing in Helicopter.

THOUGHTS ON THE TURKISH COUP ATTEMPT FROM JEFF CARTER:

There are no black and white answers surrounding Turkey. Yes, the President is a strongman. There will be a lot more bloodshed in Turkey. Erdogan isn’t a prime example of a tolerant leader. But, last night on Twitter even the Kurds who he is bitter enemies with were speaking up for democracy. The Kurds didn’t support the coup. Erdogan’s political opponents didn’t support the coup. That tells you something I think. The Turks do value democracy. Democracy is messy sometimes.

Another very interesting thing that happened last night. The military took over broadcasters. Erdogan, who has tried to severely restrict Twitter and Facebook, took to Facebook Live to communicate to his supporters.

Again, it just makes me think the best way to fight and win against radical terrorists is through a powerful network, not hierarchy. The way we are fighting today via vertical silos that have trouble communicating is not a way to win.

Turkey Coop....................... :rolleyes:

350x700px-LL-44122ce2_2013_Sept13002smmm

Cool story bro.

Erdogan is just Hamas with a tie. He supported the "Freedom Flotilla".

!@#$ing hypocrite. Too bad they didn't succeed.