Turkey Coup!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turkey Launches Airstrikes, Artillery Fire In Cross-Border Incursion Into Syria

Turkish troops crossed into Syria early Wednesday, carrying out airstrikes and launching artillery fire to clear ISIS militants from a border area in coordination with the U.S.-led coalition.

The offensive is Turkey's largest military mission of its kind in the Syria conflict. It comes days after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan blamed the militant group, also known as Daesh, for a suicide bombing at a wedding on Saturday in Gaziantep, near the Syrian border, that killed at least 54 people.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/08/24/491189954/turkey-launches-airstrikes-artillery-fire-in-cross-border-incursion-into-syria

• 7 months later...

I want to know why Trump congratulated Erdogan for his win. Is it because Turkey is an ally or is it because he has Trump towers in Istanbul? Maybe he is just happy Erdogan won? Is it a mix of all three? It just seems kind of odd he would congratulate a controversial figure after a somewhat suspicious win. What do you guys think?

I want to know why Trump congratulated Erdogan for his win. Is it because Turkey is an ally or is it because he has Trump towers in Istanbul? Maybe he is just happy Erdogan won? Is it a mix of all three? It just seems kind of odd he would congratulate a controversial figure after a somewhat suspicious win. What do you guys think?

[This is an automated response.]

1icr79.jpg

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.9.

You should thank me for helping add to your ridiculously sad post count. Go outside once in a while Tom, it can't hurt.

You're an idiot.

You're an idiot.

I'm serious, that many thousands of posts is not an achievement. It is indicative of a lonely and sad personal life. I would bet $100 you are a skinny little nerd.

Write a book or publish some more peer-reviewed journals for us to read. You are wasting your talents here.

I'm serious, that many thousands of posts is not an achievement. It is indicative of a lonely and sad personal life. I would bet $100 you are a skinny little nerd.

Write a book or publish some more peer-reviewed journals for us to read. You are wasting your talents here.

1icr79.jpg

Your guess is as good as anyone's. If there's one thing anyone should have learned about Trump is that he keeps his options open, and that you can more easily negotiate from a position of perceived support than one of confrontative bluster.

Your guess is as good as anyone's. If there's one thing anyone should have learned about Trump is that he keeps his options open, and that you can more easily negotiate from a position of perceived support than one of confrontative bluster.

For the sake of our enemies, I like Trump being a wildcard. It is infinitely harder to play defense when you have no idea what's coming. If we could team up with China on everything and not just trade, that would be an unstoppable force going into the future. Wishful thinking, but it would be nice. Russia can suck it until Putin is gone and they elect a new President. Edited by gatorbait

For the sake of our enemies, I like Trump being a wildcard. It is infinitely harder to play defense when you have no idea what's coming. If we could team up with China on everything and not just trade, that would be an unstoppable force going into the future. Wishful thinking, but it would be nice. Russia can suck it until Putin is gone and they elect a new President.

The irony is our neo-McCarthyism is pushing Russia and China together at the expense of the USA.

Are they being pushed together? How so?

They are, on all fronts: from BRICS, to Russia funding parts of China's silk road project (above and below), to the plans to jointly develop Siberia's natural resources, the Bear and the Dragon are closer than ever before in their histories.

Which is staggering considering the historical animosity between the two neighbors.

China to gather friends for biggest summit of year on New Silk Road

"Foreign Minister Wang Yi announced on Tuesday a list of those attending the conference, including some of China's most reliable allies - Russian President Vladimir Putin, Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-silkroad-summit-idUSKBN17K0FL

Edited by Deranged Rhino