John Clayton predicts TT to sign with Denver in '17;Rex gone

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this yesterday. John Clayton isn't very good. Taylor isn't going anywhere and barring a catastrophe neither is Rex.

I agree. Sad to see Clayton playing the "get me in the headlines" game, he's got so much to offer in terms of real team analysis. Stooping to sensationlist level reporting with stuff like this isn't cool.

I don't agree with Clayton on this prediction, but he has more inside information than any of us do.

If the Bills play poorly, well most likely that will be because one of three things happens. TT gets hurt, TT sucks, or the defense is even worse. If those things happen either TT is gone, Rex is gone, or both.

My prediction, Gilmore signs the week before camp ends, Lawson goes to IR, 9-7, and no playoffs. TT plays well enough to get the tag. Rex gets a one year extension. Brady retires. 2017 Bills make the AFC Championship.

I don't agree with Clayton on this prediction, but he has more inside information than any of us do.

If the Bills play poorly, well most likely that will be because one of three things happens. TT gets hurt, TT sucks, or the defense is even worse. If those things happen either TT is gone, Rex is gone, or both.

My prediction, Gilmore signs the week before camp ends, Lawson goes to IR, 9-7, and no playoffs. TT plays well enough to get the tag. Rex gets a one year extension. Brady retires. 2017 Bills make the AFC Championship.

TT might get hurt as injuries are in the nature of the business, but I doubt he'll flat out suck. Lawson to IR? Doubt it. Rex needs no extension with 4 years remaining on his 5 year deal.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Why not trade Tyrod Taylor to Denver now. Get some extra draft picks. Then sign Fitz. It's a win for Denver because they get Tyrod and it's a double win for us because we get an immediate upgrade at QB and extra picks next year.

Troll.

Even in the off season its amazing that this story cannot generate replies discussing it but we can have 6 threads about McCoy or rex Ryan. Or maybe 20 pages on Robert Woods being a #2 or 3

What would you like to talk about?

Taylor has a good year and the Bills negotiate a long term contract while using the franchise tag to keep him in the fold.

Taylor ***** the bed and is free to sign elsewhere.

What else needs to be said oh deep thinking one?

He has no more inside info than any of us do. Namely because what happens with TT next year depends on how TT does this year. If he plays well and looks like a franchise QB, the Bills will offer him a huge contract. If he refuses, they tag him. Meaning he's going nowhere for at least 2017. If he plays mediocre or poorly, he's gone and in that case the Broncos might sign him for a year for small(er) money, but they're hoping Lynch pans out so even that is doubtful.

Sounds good if one wishes to lose sight of the fact that Taylor has played part of 1 season and is, objectively speaking, not exactly a proven commodity. Add that if the Broncos were prone to knee-jerking it with their cap structure, they just might have locked up Brock Osweiler to a mega-deal and foregone imaginary future knee-jerk scenarios. Not to mention that Bills fans without memory-loss issues can easily recall how well jettisoning cap space at the position, albeit with crossed fingers and fevered hopes, really works by way of Ryan Fitzpicks.

Sounds good if one wishes to lose sight of the fact that Taylor has played part of 1 season and is, objectively speaking, not exactly a proven commodity. Add that if the Broncos were prone to knee-jerking it with their cap structure, they just might have locked up Brock Osweiler to a mega-deal and foregone imaginary future knee-jerk scenarios. Not to mention that Bills fans without memory-loss issues can easily recall how well jettisoning cap space at the position, albeit with crossed fingers and fevered hopes, really works by way of Ryan Fitzpicks.

Other than that you're all in with Clayton's opinion?

Troll.

Taylor has a good year and the Bills negotiate a long term contract while using the franchise tag to keep him in the fold.

Not trolling.

Two options, right? - roll the dice and see how TT does and either a) he does well and gets his money or b) he sucks and leaves as a free agent. (As you stated above)

My point is - why not get something for him now? Let's face it, his "areas for improvement" are not insignificant. He's not a rookie. The likelihood that he can suddenly improve in the areas that everyone seems to agree upon is very low, if we're being realistic.

So why endure another ****ty year and then get nothing for it?

Get a couple draft picks and move on with this rebuild. Because that's exactly where this team will be next year - rebuild mode.

TT might get hurt as injuries are in the nature of the business, but I doubt he'll flat out suck. Lawson to IR? Doubt it. Rex needs no extension with 4 years remaining on his 5 year deal.

I don't think he will suck either. I thought he got better as the year went on. I saw a guy trying to make plays downfield instead of running for yards or checking down. He was the anti-Edwards. This year I want to see him use the TE's better and get the ball to the RB's in the flats more.

Thanks for contract info on Rex. 5 year deal? Wow. That seems excessive for a guy that was run out of New York.

I am super worried about the Lawson injury/surgery. Shoulders are much more tricky than knees. The rotator cuff is a complex set of muscles and tendons. They will be super cautious and I think chance of season ending IR in November is 70/30. If he injures the repair the long term consequences could be career threatening. Whaley and the medical staff really botched this one.

He has no more inside info than any of us do. Namely because what happens with TT next year depends on how TT does this year. If he plays well and looks like a franchise QB, the Bills will offer him a huge contract. If he refuses, they tag him. Meaning he's going nowhere for at least 2017. If he plays mediocre or poorly, he's gone and in that case the Broncos might sign him for a year for small(er) money, but they're hoping Lynch pans out so even that is doubtful.

Agree with your assessment in this case. I was responding to all the other posts saying Clayton didn't have a clue. He is still connected. Unlike Mortenson who probably was never as dialed in as ESPN led us to believe.

Troll.

c'mon sphere. There is stuff to talk about.

Is there reason we can't do an incentive baed contract now? Why not?

I don't think he will suck either. I thought he got better as the year went on. I saw a guy trying to make plays downfield instead of running for yards or checking down. He was the anti-Edwards. This year I want to see him use the TE's better and get the ball to the RB's in the flats more.

Thanks for contract info on Rex. 5 year deal? Wow. That seems excessive for a guy that was run out of New York.

I am super worried about the Lawson injury/surgery. Shoulders are much more tricky than knees. The rotator cuff is a complex set of muscles and tendons. They will be super cautious and I think chance of season ending IR in November is 70/30. If he injures the repair the long term consequences could be career threatening. Whaley and the medical staff really botched this one.

Agree with your assessment in this case. I was responding to all the other posts saying Clayton didn't have a clue. He is still connected. Unlike Mortenson who probably was never as dialed in as ESPN led us to believe.

Lawson does not have an issue with his rotator cuff. Instead it's a labrum tear that he was dealing with through his college career. I would love to know the medical basis of your 70/30 IR prognosis because it seems as if you are way off base here with any knowledge of what his injury was and the chances for recovery. This wasn't spleen surgery. B-)

• 4 weeks later...