What is Gilmore actually worth to the Bills....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read something i heard that Darby is already eyeing Josh Norman contract as what he may look forward to down the line.

Thats probably stupid as Normans contract will be mundane by the time Darby gets his time

Thats probably stupid as Normans contract will be mundane by the time Darby gets his time

Darby was quoted when talking about Stephon. He hopes to play well enough to earn a Norman contract. Honest answer from him

We have 2 drafts to fill gilmores spot we will franchise him and pay tyrod if he has a good season

I think Gilmore holds to much and is a bad tackler but I like him and think his size speed and strength are exactly what you need in a CB

I want to see year two for both of tyrod and Gilmore but I think we keep both no matter what

Such an interesting debate. Is Gilmore, Winfield or is he Byrd/Clements?

For the people saying he is not worth top 5 money and not any more, you have no argument. He will get paid top 5 money by somebody. He knows it, his agent knows it, and so do the Bills. The Bills have no leverage unless they sign TT to a long term deal now. Otherwise one of them is gone and they can't risk letting TT walk if he is even above average.

The only prudent thing to do is pay the man. As others have said a top 5 contract now will look like a bargain in 3 years. They need the cap relief of a large signing bonus spread over multiple years so they can save the tag for TT.

Best hope is Gilmore holds out and Whaley caves and pays him. Just get it done and move on. EJ, Kyle, and a chunk of dead money come off the cap next year. Don't let your good plyers go.

Gilmore supposedly prepared to play out the final year of his contract.

Sounds like a negotiating ploy. At least he's not sitting out.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000676230/article/bills-cb-stephon-gilmore-will-play-out-contract-in-2016

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/756532395285831680

agent gave info to Rapaport. IMO. Still think he could sign at any point. Absolutely a negotiating ploy. If the Bills really want to keep him they won't let him get to FA.

Yup. When things heat up like this a deal is often close.

My prediction is that they will franchise him next year, draft a CB in the first or second round to groom, and then let him go after 2017.

I believe Darby will be better in the long run, and will require a substantial deal after he plays out his rookie deal. I would love for them to extend Gilmore, but I just don't see it happening.

My prediction is that they will franchise him next year, draft a CB in the first or second round to groom, and then let him go after 2017.

I believe Darby will be better in the long run, and will require a substantial deal after he plays out his rookie deal. I would love for them to extend Gilmore, but I just don't see it happening.

The problem with this approach is that, right now, he cannot (as a practical matter) hold out, since he'll accumulate hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines.

Next offseason, if/when he's tagged, he doesn't have to sign it--he won't be under contract and cannot be fined for holding out, which means he could miss all of camp, and even parts of the season before he reports. We then lose out on performance (most likely), which hurts the team, and we still end up paying him $14M in guaranteed money. I'm not saying he would definitely hold out, but it's not a good situation.

The smart move is to either get his deal done or let him walk next offseason and try to replace him with either a draft pick or a guy like Darius Slay, Prince Amukamara, or Robert Alford. Personally, I'd rather sign Gilmore, but it's not looking great for that right now (big thanks go out to the Giants for blowing up the market on 3 different positions with absurd deals for mediocre players like Damon Harrison, Janoris Jenkins, and Olivier Vernon).

For those of you that watch college ball. Is his replacement there this year or next? If so then replace him cheap right?

Front runner might be Cordrea Tankersley. Long, quick and Clemson - every Rex box ticked.

Might be cheaper but no guarantee that he'll play to Gilmore's level. Always a chance that limiting your spend will limit your return.

For those of you that watch college ball. Is his replacement there this year or next? If so then replace him cheap right?

Minkah Fitzpatrick (Alabama) is only a soph. this year. If he doesn't get hurt I am of the opinion he will be a flat out superstar when he comes out but again, he will have to play this season and next.

I truly hope that he stays healthy and keeps his head on straight. The kid is a tremendous prospect.

Edited by Bill from NYC

here's the thing. Bills drafted a guy developed him and now its contract time up coming. The market is what it is. sucks about Norman.

Lets hope he shows poorly and it was a mistake and allows the market to rebalance for CBs

14 million. Bandit, I think ? drew up a nice contract to make it work and keep TT.

It can be done and should be done.

Drafting CB's has proven to be very difficult the last couple of years.

I have the bird in hand mentality on this one