Prayers for the City of Dallas

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... We thought that, but hospital had no record of it... Hospital could have took it.

1971. I was three. He was a fraction of an inch of becoming a quadriplegic... THANK GOD for my younger sister, mother was pregnant at time and she born in 1972. I don't think my father was in any condition to do you know what for a long time! ;-)

Still kicking in his 80s! Dude has 9 lives... He used to dive off the ledges @ Letchworth too... Extreme, before there was extreme! ;-)

glad he is doing well.

Bunch of questions that we don't yet have answers too. While my buddies did their tour in Afghan they were restricted too the base doing their normal duties on the Osprey. Similiar to Blokes this event has captured my attention and I'm waiting on answers.

This "New Black Panther Party" was supposedly heading to NO last night and joining the protesters, the same place that the purge rumors circulated on social media. Let's just hope nothing senseless happens tonight and things don't boil over.

Yeah! The radicals among our midst is a big problem!

i have friends in the Sherrifs at Erie County Holding Center and they were actually ordered to remove their badges while not at work and highly recommended to always be carrying a firearm.

If I'm carrying my gun, I better have my badge with me.

My main point was that I'm not hiding or changing who I am out of fear of death. If it happens, it happens. I can guarantee you one thing though - I'm not going quietly. I'm fighting until the last breath leaves my body.

My main point was that I'm not hiding or changing who I am out of fear of death. If it happens, it happens. I can guarantee you one thing though - I'm not going quietly. I'm fighting until the last breath leaves my body.

And what makes you think AA's thinking that same exact thing given the track record of their history.

I am not saying it is happening now, but there was a time when "strange fruit" hung from trees in this country, some only one or two generations removed.

You don't think it is the back of their mind to go down swinging?

It simply may not be right, but everybody has their perception of what is being done to them wrong. They feel screwed by the law of the land. How do WE correct that?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Has Mead complained about this thread, so that Beerball could blow it up, like happened twice on my MIzzou FOOTBALL team strike thread last fall?

Agreement 2:

Don't take things personal. We all do it from time to time bbb.

"2. Dont Take Anything Personally

Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you wont be the victim of needless suffering."

too many people believe that if you take guns away that criminals will stop carrying them also.

It's not the case.

Genie is out of bottle. There will be a flame war for a while, things will flare & then die. The thing is not to react to the flare.

One can dream, right mrags?

I am making up for lost time here on the board... ;-)

dont disagree with this. I think they are saying to not wear or flaunt their badges when not needed. I personally don't wear a badge. But I do carry one in my wallet, with my weapons cards. So I agree with carrying it, but if I wore a u inform that had a badge on it, I would wear something over my uniform while coming home to work and in public places.

In a situation like the one posted on Facebook as a calling for a "purge" on all law enforcement, why advertise it. It's just my opinion. But that doesn't mean I'm going to run and hide.

Question, why do WE have to correct it of someone else feels they have been screwed?

They are free to move.

Move where? From 1896 (Plessy) to 1954 (Brown) "separate was equal" was the interpretation. Since Brown, "separate is inherently UNequal."

Are you advocating Jim Crow?

Genie is out of bottle. There will be a flame war for a while, things will flare & then die. The thing is not to react to the flare.

One can dream, right mrags?

I am making up for lost time here on the board... ;-)

i just don't believe in taking away people's rights to bear arms. Especially when it means handicapping them against criminals that don't follow the same laws.

Most shootings in this country are by unlicensed people. And those are the only the ones we know about. There are many, many deaths by guns that we just don't see every day or know if they were from a licensed owner or not.

Move where? From 1896 (Plessy) to 1954 (Brown) "separate was equal" was the interpretation. Since Brown, "separate is inherently UNequal."

Are you advocating Jim Crow?

I think he means a different country. Syria is lovely this time of year.

I think he means a different country. Syria is lovely this time of year.

im simply stating that people have a right to move anywhere they like. We see people burning American flags and stomping on American flags because they feel so wronged by this country. If they hate the country so much why stay?

i just don't believe in taking away people's rights to bear arms. Especially when it means handicapping them against criminals that don't follow the same laws.

Most shootings in this country are by unlicensed people. And those are the only the ones we know about. There are many, many deaths by guns that we just don't see every day or know if they were from a licensed owner or not.

I don't believe in either. I believe in stemming the proliferation of guns though.

im simply stating that people have a right to move anywhere they like. We see people burning American flags and stomping on American flags because they feel so wronged by this country. If they hate the country so much why stay?

I don't think they hate it, just hate the power structure that is abusing them.

Most people know we as Americans are blessed. ?? Do they ??

I don't believe in either. I believe in stemming the proliferation of guns though.

I don't think they hate it, just hate the power structure that is abusing them.

Most people know we as Americans are blessed. ?? Do they ??

In certain parts of the country if you do something about the crime you'll likely reduce the number of guns legally and illegally owned.

People also have the right to protest their country by burning a flag if they so choose, that's what makes this country great. Our duty as Americans is to be active agents for change when its called for, it's one of the cornerstones of our Democratic Republic:

Purdence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to prove a new Guards for the future security.

It simply may not be right, but everybody has their perception of what is being done to them wrong. They feel screwed by the law of the land. How do WE correct that?

Simple. We go by the rule of law. We don't go taking the law into our own hands. There are systems in place in this country. The are well established systems that are in place to challenge perceived injustices.

Question, why do WE have to correct it of someone else feels they have been screwed?

They are free to move.

Agreed. People are free to feel however they want. Feelings are subjective. Facts, on the other hand, are not.

dont disagree with this. I think they are saying to not wear or flaunt their badges when not needed. I personally don't wear a badge. But I do carry one in my wallet, with my weapons cards. So I agree with carrying it, but if I wore a u inform that had a badge on it, I would wear something over my uniform while coming home to work and in public places.

In a situation like the one posted on Facebook as a calling for a "purge" on all law enforcement, why advertise it. It's just my opinion. But that doesn't mean I'm going to run and hide.

I am at work in my driveway. I have a big bullseye on 4 wheels with pretty red and blue lights. If they want us, they know where to find us.