Williams speech/Alton/Philando/Dallas shootings

I think you will find that some of the biggest second amendment supporters are the cops on the street. We are gun guys. We just don't like it when people point them at us.

But, it is okay to point it at the citizenry, even if an officer makes the wrong judgement? I get pulled over, don't lump me in w/the bad guys. I don't appreciate trigger happy policing. Better yet, just leave me alone for your petty BS.

Like duh... What do you think was gonna happen w/the idiots out there? Maybe modern cops should have paid attention w/what cops a generation or two or three had to deal with. There is a reason why gun laws tightened up through the mid-20th century.

Pretty naive thinking on your part.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee ............usually "useless gestures" are this administration's strong point..............

Earnest can´t say why WH won´t be lit in blue to honor cops
Washington Examiner, by Nicole Duran

Original Article

Bathe the White House in Gay Rainbow hues - lovely.

Drench it in breast cancer pink, of course,

but a few days of blue for murdered heroes bleeding in the streets..............nope.

So EII you think police in poorer neighborhoods spend their time harassing the people who live there with petty things just for revenue? I have to ask you how much time do you spend in the poorer neighborhood? What are you basing this on?

And traffic laws are too complicated? Maybe for your tiny brain. Please give me examples of complicated traffic laws.

But, it is okay to point it at the citizenry, even if an officer makes the wrong judgement? I get pulled over, don't lump me in w/the bad guys. I don't appreciate trigger happy policing. Better yet, just leave me alone for your petty BS.

Like duh... What do you think was gonna happen w/the idiots out there? Maybe modern cops should have paid attention w/what cops a generation or two or three had to deal with. There is a reason why gun laws tightened up through the mid-20th century.

I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say, or what your point is. Literally. I have no idea. Must be the naïveté coming out.

Is everyone in Illinois this dumb ? Sig is a policeman who knows 12,00000 times more about the subject than you.

Mr abolish rules, speeding, registration, cracked Windows rules are Raysis.

So EII you think police in poorer neighborhoods spend their time harassing the people who live there with petty things just for revenue? I have to ask you how much time do you spend in the poorer neighborhood? What are you basing this on?

And traffic laws are too complicated? Maybe for your tiny brain. Please give me examples of complicated traffic laws.

Here are some signs that might perplex him.

0515f89058c42d36247738de5b6dbb184be970-w52169453.BlindDriveAheadLeedsMA.jpgreflective-pedestrian-crossing-signs-slohampton-illinois-bike-path-sign.jpgDip.jpgdoublelogo.png2082a49887e55f155d9df6e27f869835.jpgthickly-settled-sign1.jpgpost-6803-0-52339200-1388806970.png

I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say, or what your point is. Literally. I have no idea. Must be the naïveté coming out.

It's a rite of passage on this site to decypher EII's posts.

This is absolutely true at least in Buffalo.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2015/08/03/how-the-supreme-court-made-it-legal-for-cops-to-pull-you-over-for-just-about-anything#.goTilsW5c

"Whats striking about these cases aside from the officers limited understanding of the laws theyre entrusted to enforce is how flimsy the pretext can be to pull someone over. The grounds cited for stopping drivers included entering an intersection when the light was yellow; or having, on the back of a car, a trailer hitch; or having, in the front of a car, an air freshener hanging from the rearview mirror you know, the ones shaped like pine trees, the ones so ubiquitous that the president of the Car-Freshner Corporation once told The New York Times Magazine: Weve sold billions of trees. Probably right up there with the number of hamburgers McDonalds sells."

"The argument for pretext stops is that they allow police to protect communities by being proactive instead of reactive. Take, for example, Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh. His arrest traced to a traffic stop over a missing license tag. Still, some legal commentators worry about the Heien decisions impact. Because investigatory traffic stops disproportionately target racial minorities, one writes that Heien will very likely add to the growing tension between minorities and law enforcement. Another sees a dangerous double standard, with those arrested expected to know the law while those arresting, not so much."

30 years driving through some of the most poorest & racially segregated AND racially diverse (yes Virginia places do exist near each other like that) neighborhoods in the country. While, myself living those years in a working class to working poor community.

The police practice of harrassing the people they should be serving better has this white guy soured on them. Thank you... I don't need their help, I will go it alone.

I have had to fight my way out of court two times in past two years... And it is a royal PITA going up against a bloated gov't and dumbass cops that don't even know most of the law they are supposed to enforce... But they deserve all the mulligans they can get. Be very VERY careful what you wish for.

All the TeaBaggers cry about the IRS? I'd rather deal w/them. Not ideally, but better than the "jack-boot gov't thugs*" that seem to being roaming around @ the The worst possible times.

*And those aren't my words. The mistrust of gov't was started long ago.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois