Williams speech/Alton/Philando/Dallas shootings

WTF is blipping right?? :huh:

What kind of check stops?

I downshifted to second, blinker on and started to make a right... Saw crossing down and went straight. No sense waiting at crossing when I was going general direction (north) anyway... I would just wait less further up road and closer to my destination. I was on my way to work @ 23:05 for 0:00 shifts. No traffic. Even with stop, waiting, etc... I was still 15 minutes early.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kind where the are seem to be looking for over due inspection or car registration

Is it a money shakedown or looking for tie-ins to other offenses?

Isn't there a higher return on investment for the cops to hang out on Maple and write up speeding tickets?

Should have had him read some of your posts.

I thought about it. Throw an OC read in there for good measure!!

Is it a money shakedown or looking for tie-ins to other offenses?

Isn't there a higher return on investment for the cops to hang out on Maple and write up speeding tickets?

Both. They get paid by the hour. They got a shift to "do work"... Keep "busy."

If I got paid by the boat... What do you think I would do.

I downshifted to second, blinker on and started to make a right... Saw crossing down and went straight. No sense waiting at crossing when I was going general direction (north) anyway... I would just wait less further up road and closer to my destination. I was on my way to work @ 23:05 for 0:00 shifts. No traffic. Even with stop, waiting, etc... I was still 15 minutes early.

What are the chances of someone doing what you did at the time you did it under the influence? Do you think THAT had a little something to do with it?

I always wanted to be pulled over at 2am on a Saturday and asked if I had been drinking. "It's 3 !@#$ing am on a Saturday. What the !@#$ do you think??"

And all the Mario Andretti's out there. 3rd gear out of 6 is proper fuel economy for 30-35mph. It doesn't lug the engine.

What are the chances of someone doing what you did at the time you did it under the influence? Do you think THAT had a little something to do with it?

I always wanted to be pulled over at 2am on a Saturday and asked if I had been drinking. "It's 3 !@#$ing am on a Saturday. What the !@#$ do you think??"

I understand that. He saw the train. A two mile freight blowing its horn through town @ 11pm is hard to miss.

And all the Mario Andretti's out there. 3rd gear out of 6 is proper fuel economy for 30-35mph. It doesn't lug the engine.

I understand that. He saw the train. A two mile freight blowing its horn through town @ 11pm is hard to miss.

And to him you looked like you may have been under the influence. IMO much better for him to be safe than sorry.

Thats is why I had time to keep going straight, I was practically stopped without stalling (5-10mph)... The engine lugged a little in 2nd.

I heard the train prior, just couldn't process which way, etc... Until I got a slight visual. In town, buildings block the view until the turn approaches.

Gave him jusy enough cop out to harass me.

And to him you looked like you may have been under the influence. IMO much better for him to be safe than sorry.

I understand then why make up a 41 in a 35? Because I didn't say a word, roll down my window all the way? Played cat and mouse.

I have my safety too to think of. I don't know who the clown behind me is and if I think it is a cop, what happens if he isn't a real cop.

A few weeks earlier on expressway, I had a clown in an unmarked car turn on lights and sirens... I thought I was getting pulled over. I pulled over. The guy zoomed right by me. Then shut lights off.

This is @$&!ing Ill-Annoy.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Thats is why I had time to keep going straight, I was practically stopped without stalling (5-10mph)... The engine lugged a little in 2nd.

I heard the train prior, just couldn't process which way, etc... Until I got a slight visual. In town, buildings block the view until the turn approaches.

Gave him jusy enough cop out to harass me.

I understand then why make up a 41 in a 35? Because I didn't say a word, roll down my window all the way? Played cat and mouse.

I have my safety too to think of. I don't know who the clown behind me is and if I think it is a cop, what happens if he isn't a real cop.

A few weeks earlier on expressway, I had a clown in an unmarked car turn on lights and sirens... I thought I was getting pulled over. I pulled over. The guy zoomed right by me. Then shut lights off.

This is @$&!ing Ill-Annoy.

Paranoid much??

Ive been pulled for minor swerving and going out of my lanes. Omg. Cops are racists! But, it's after 10 on weekend nights and highly likely that bad motorists had been drinking.

When pay attention and texting. And eating. And speeding. ... I don't get pulled.

Yes. But you are desk jockey, you aren't driving through da hood @ midnight on a Thursday on your way to work.

I got out of the situation w/out getting shot by the police or jacked. Self-preservation kicked in.

Someone thinking they are lucky for not getting shot by the police or jacked is the definition of paranoid regardless of time and location.

I left a show on foot at the Fox Theater at 12:30am last Friday a few blocks where the murderous police were watching the car jacking BLM protesters were and didn't worry about any of that.

The one stop. The cop kept on following all through town. Our streets are grids. I saw him tailing me. Like you said, I made as many rights and lefts (legal turns) to get back home... To see if he would stand down, disengage. I finally pulled him over and asked him why he was harassing me. I had the cracked Jeep window that was not violating the motor vehicle code. He said: "It didn't matter" I suspect he was digging for something else.

Digging for something else? You said you "pulled" him over. It's no wonder you walked away with a coupon to your local courthouse. Be glad he stopped for you. I would have politely waved back at you.

Digging for something else? You said you "pulled" him over. It's no wonder you walked away with a coupon to your local courthouse. Be glad he stopped for you. I would have politely waved back at you.

I thought there was a problem w/my vehicle.

And that's what I would want him to do. Wave and drive on. You obviously can save face when you are being an over-officious jerk.

But, you still find it ethical to give somebody a bogus ticket because you didn't know the law and couldn't save face in the eyes of an ever questioning public. You need to weed those one's out of your ranks. You have an image problem, why some aren't blowing sunshine up your arse morning, noon, and night for doing such a sh*tty and thankless job. Did you not say:

"It's no wonder you walked away with a coupon to your local courthouse. Be glad he stopped for you."

Gee... Thanks, I am happy for the reach around.

Do you have a hood pass ?

It's my pit bull... They will like the bad guys to death.

:-P

Someone thinking they are lucky for not getting shot by the police or jacked is the definition of paranoid regardless of time and location.

I left a show on foot at the Fox Theater at 12:30am last Friday a few blocks where the murderous police were watching the car jacking BLM protesters were and didn't worry about any of that.

Of course you didn't.

As I roll my eyes.

Ive been pulled for minor swerving and going out of my lanes. Omg. Cops are racists! But, it's after 10 on weekend nights and highly likely that bad motorists had been drinking.

When pay attention and texting. And eating. And speeding. ... I don't get pulled.

I understand that... Then check me out and see me on my way. Don't write a bogus ticket.

The other stop was @ 08:30 in the morning.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

But, you still find it ethical to give somebody a bogus ticket because you didn't know the law and couldn't save face in the eyes of an ever questioning public. You need to weed those one's out of your ranks.

Are you !@#$ing kidding me? With all the issues we have going on?

Of course you didn't.

As I roll my eyes.

No I didn't. :rolleyes:

Edited by Chef Jim

If cops just pulled people over to get money, why would they bother with poor people that don't have money? Go after the people that got money. Mercedes, BMWs, Cadillacs etc. Be like the bank robber dude, go where the money is :).

Edited by reddogblitz