Williams speech/Alton/Philando/Dallas shootings

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I swear to God I love this city, but I wonder if this city loves me. In uniform, I get nasty hateful looks..."

"... and out of uniform some consider me a threat. I’ve experienced so much in my short life and these last 3 days have tested me to the core.... This city MUST and WILL get better. I’m working in these streets so any protesters, officers, friends, family or whoever, if you see me and need a hug or want to say a prayer. I got you."

Wrote Montrell L. Jackson on July 8.

17liveblog-jackson2-tmagArticle.jpg
One of the police officers shot dead today in Baton Rouge.

Jeez just shut up for !@#$s sake.

No. If you don't like it, put me on ignore. Save us all the trouble, oh righteous other.

People crack about almost everything... And now people get butthurt.

I am sorry I came off as insensitive. From reports, the shooter was black, a black cop has been killed. As we all know, this is a major problem and it's not the narrative you like. Get over it and let's solve the problem. Telling somebody to shut is hiding your head in the sand & whistling out your ass.

Deal with it or just go full blown hiding your head and hit the ignore button. You know you want to do it.

No. If you don't like it, put me on ignore. Save us all the trouble, oh righteous other.

People crack about almost everything... And now people get butthurt.

I am sorry I came off as insensitive. From reports, the shooter was black, a black cop has been killed. As we all know, this is a major problem and it's not the narrative you like. Get over it and let's solve the problem. Telling somebody to shut is hiding your head in the sand & whistling out your ass.

Deal with it or just go full blown hiding your head and hit the ignore button. You know you want to do it.

I don't put people on ignore Riddler.

CBS NEWS ^ | July 17,

The response from the President's spokeperson:

"The White House plays no role in designating domestic terror organizations," nor does the U.S. government "generate a list of domestic terror organizations."

Oh, really ?

There's your hypocrites.

CBS NEWS ^ | July 17,

"The White House plays no role in designating domestic terror organizations," nor does the U.S. government "generate a list of domestic terror organizations."

Oh, really ?

There's your hypocrites.

They actually don't. There's no federal list. When you hear about a "domestic terrorist organization," it comes from places like the SPLC.

Could Sterling have been subdued with a taser instead ?

He had a hopeless life and looks like he wanted suicide by cop instead of going back to prison again.

They deployed the taser twice on him, no effect. Which is why they were forced to go hands on and take him to the ground. Edited by Sig1Hunter

Thanks for that info Sig1Hunter, I did not know that, you have that important detail to learn from.

A big guy like that must be able to shake off that kind of shock.

Too many people without the hope of a job , counting ex felons , they will be desperate , even turn to heroin OD.

The police job is becoming mission impossible .

Not enough treatment for mentally ill , drug addiction, jobless, instead let the police deal with it , that's crazy.

Edited by ALF

Probably less to do with shaking off the shock and more to do with a technical issue with the taser. If you don't get good contact with the darts (baggy or thick clothing, poor aim, or actual malfunction), the device is useless. Both darts have to make good skin contact in order to transfer the energy into the body. If one dart doesn't make good contact, there is no energy transfer. If you listen at the very beginning of the one of the videos, you can hear two "pops". Those sounds are the tasers deploying.

CBS NEWS ^ | July 17,

Oh, really ?

There's your hypocrites.

So tired of hearing people act like we don't understand that they mean with "black lives matter (too)". We get it. The problem we have with it is that you are antagonizing a large group of people into thinking they are some kind of target, that they should be fearful for their lives. No matter how many times you say "black lives matter" though, people won't take you seriously. Because in the realm of unjustified police killings, the very few cases in which it happens deserves an all lives matter. So, no, until you start using your rally cry towards your communities who are consistently killing each other, we won't take you seriously because you aren't taking the problem seriously. You are being racist.

Edited by What a Tuel

this is pretty great. This lady went all honey badger at an illegal BLM highway blockade, she wasn't having it.

http://controversialtimes.com/instant-justice/driver-plows-through-protestors-who-shut-down-highway-police-charge-protestors/?utm_source=GSL

That bonus takedown was amazing. The funny thing is that if he was black I would be called racist for enjoying it.