Big difference in attitude from two DL tagged.

It is a team sport and the NFLPA, their representatives, signed agreement with NFL to allow tagging. IMO players should sign tag and play but I understand others think players should welsh out of agreements and have their agent give advice like Eugene Parker: "Refuse to show up, sign either right before season starts or after 10 weeks to get your year in and pretend to be injured by something hard to diagnose like Plantar Fasciitis to minimize risk; if they tag you again repeat."

Von Miller:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-von-miller-will-not-sit-out-over-contract-061516

When asked if a holdout was a possibility during an interview with Chelsea Handler, Miller flatly said, "No."
Miller is still holding out hope that the two sides can come to an agreement before the July 15 deadline.
"We still have a month," he said. "I just can't see myself with any other team. My boys -- T.J. Ward, Aqib Talib, Kayvon Webster, DeMarcus Ware. All those guys, I built very, very close relationships with those guys, and I would like to continue to build that for the rest of my career."

Muhammad Wilkerson:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-jets-muhammad-wilkerson-franchise-tag-trade-dont-want-me-061616

"Do I feel that they want me back? As of right now, no. I don't feel like they want me," Wilkerson said. "I'm a talented guy. Everybody knows that. I feel like they're going to get the best they can out of me and just let me go. That's how I feel. Do I like that feeling? No. I'm a New Jersey guy, born and raised and would love to raise my family here."

"It's shocking. It's frustrating," Wilkerson said. "Because I feel like I've earned it and I deserve it. It would be different if I was just a mediocre player. I feel like each and every week I'm dominating and it's showing. The stats speak for themselves. Basically, what more do I need to do?"

They're not so different. Today, Von Miller posted "I love my Teammates, Coaches, and My Fans" but there is "No Chance" I play the 2016 season under the Franchise tag." on Instagram. Guess we will see what happens.

I'm with the players, get what you can while you can. Wilkerson breaks his leg or has a career ending injury and the Jets will move on. No other major sport doesn't have guaranteed contracts or tagging. It doesn't matter what the NFLPA agreed too either, they won't help him either when if his career ends next year.

Teams do not have any loyalty and neither should players. They should get every penny they possibly can get while healthy. The only people they owe anything to is their families.

Well said

I'm with the players, get what you can while you can. Wilkerson breaks his leg or has a career ending injury and the Jets will move on. No other major sport doesn't have guaranteed contracts or tagging. It doesn't matter what the NFLPA agreed too either, they won't help him either when if his career ends next year.

Well said

It sucks to think this as fans but it's the truth. If Miller or Mo blow out their knee playing on a tag deal, are the Broncos or Jets going to give them a long term contract to thank them for their services? Are any fans going to give them millions of dollars for their loyalty?

If this was baseball, basketball, or Hockey, I'd say screw any player crying about their contracts. But football is a completely different animal.

It is a team sport and the NFLPA, their representatives, signed agreement with NFL to allow tagging. IMO players should sign tag and play but I understand others think players should welsh out of agreements...

You mean like the league and teams do every day when they cut or release players?

When you set up a league with non-guaranteed and limited guaranteed deals and players with short lifespans you end up with these types of holdouts. Just a part of doing business. Players aren't going to subject themselves to the wear and tear of another NFL season unless they get taken care of for the high quality years they played under a fairly low paying rookie deal. At 26-28 when most of these hold outs occur the players know they are leveraging the last 2-3 prime years they have for a new big pay day. To burn one of those years on a well paying franchise tag is a risk (Risk of injury, risk of under performance ect). A risk these players just aren't willing to take. I don't blame them but it sucks for the fans, the teams, and the players that these things just don't work themselves out for all parties.

You mean like the league and teams do every day when they cut or release players?

Maybe because you are deranged you do not understand this but this is allowed under contract signed; it is why most players get signing bonuses and why contracts are guaranteed for players with seniority post week 1.

I agree with Koolaid. A contract is a contract. What ever happened to integraty? These guys sign a contract and than want more a couple of years later. They know what they are getting into when they enter the NFL. Most have signing bonuses. Only in America could you get a job like that for millions. Let them cry.

Teams do not have any loyalty and neither should players. They should get every penny they possibly can get while healthy. The only people they owe anything to is their families.

If noone has any loyalty, what is the point of even having a team? Players come off as greedy ignorant winey bitches when complaining about the Franchise Tag. Von Miller and Muhammad Wilkerson are both getting a hell of a lot of money. STFU and go play football. I really don't think John Elway is going to budge one bit. And he shouldn't if Miller and his camp won't be reasonable. Show some class and be part of the team. Athletes today are pretty much ridiculous. The fabric of the college game is just so much more enjoyable. That's why my boy Jim Harbaugh wanted out from the Niners. He just could not deal with the modern athlete. Soft and no dedication or commitment. Go Blue Baby!!

Well said

And they'd have to just struggle by on the $10 million they earned in the tag year on top of the millions they earned under the original contract. Horrors.

It can take years for baseball teams to recover from a bad contract or two. It's a terrible system.

I agree with Koolaid. A contract is a contract. What ever happened to integraty? These guys sign a contract and than want more a couple of years later. They know what they are getting into when they enter the NFL. Most have signing bonuses. Only in America could you get a job like that for millions. Let them cry.

Only in America do 70,000 people show to watch you do your job in which you hit each other as hard as you possible can.

If 70,000 people showed up to watch me work in a high risk activity, I'm asking for a lot too

Well said

Me too...it would be a different story if the players had fully guaranteed contracts like other sports but they don't. Teams can sign the contracts and not honor them so why do the players get thrown under the bus by fans when they try and do the same thing?

Me too...it would be a different story if the players had fully guaranteed contracts like other sports but they don't. Teams can sign the contracts and not honor them so why do the players get thrown under the bus by fans when they try and do the same thing?

In the case of BOTH of these guys, they're not even doing that. They're refusing to sign a franchise tag tender. They're not holding out on a contract that they already signed in the past. I understand the purpose of the franchise and transitional tags, but maybe it's time the NFL thinks about getting rid of it. Negotiate the extension before your deal is up or the player goes to free agency. A little more of supply and demand.