Topic of the day for Thursday 6/16--who is your dream coach?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theo Epstein for GM and Bruce Arians for head coach.

I agree although Epstein is in baseball he still turned around two teams and made them championship caliber. (Red Sox and Chicago Cubs)

Rob Ryan.

Half-way their!

Why do you think he is better?

I think John is better for the reasons I've alluded to. I think Jim has one setting - full intense. I believe it cost his team a Superbowl that they should on paper have won and I believe that, just as much as the organisational dysfunction, was the reason Harbaugh flamed out in San Fran. There were stories all year coming out of the locker room that suggested Head Coach and senior players were not on the same page. Those kinds of people are exhausting to be around for any length of time and eventually it shows in their ability to relate.

John Harbaugh on the other hand can be that intense when he needs to be but it is not his default setting. His record is outstanding.... playoffs first 5 seasons, a Superbowl win, and even last year when they finished 5-11 with a roster that lost so many of its key players to season ending injury they lost just 1 game by more than a single score - that to the Seahawks. It was a remarkable coaching job.

If I am looking for a man to turn around a total mess then Jim Harbaugh is my first call, if I want a coach I think can deliver long term, sustained success and I don't consider Belichick then John Harbaugh is my guy.

Excellent arguments for John Harbaugh. I still love Arians. Great OC in Pittsburgh (offense fell off for two years after he left), ok on a nightmare with Indy amd Pagano's illness, and turned around 2-14, to 11-5. Granted they had Luck, but not a great team around him, then the Cardinals, and went from 5-11, to double digit wins every year since there.

I'd be happy as a clam with either one of those guys and both would get the most out of this team. These teams also don't make a lot of undisciplined mistakes. John Harbaugh's problem now is Ozzy has let this team get old.

Fair points.

But I think this thread is about your Dream Coach for the Buffalo Bills in 2016. Its not about who you think is the best coach of all time. Because on TBD, I think I can assume that your "Dream" is for the Bills to win the SuperBowl in 2016.

So do you really think that, of all coaches ever, in all sports, that Madden (even in his prime) is the most likely to make your dream come true? (My screenname notwithstanding)

(as I said upstream, Lombardi, Walsh, Hoodie).

Yep, I think Madden would get this team deep into the playoffs. How can maddenboy disagree?

I think all your choices are also great - I think you have to say Lombardi was the best of all time and Hoodie is the best in the game today. . The problem with Hoodie is that his career has been tainted by cheating scandals. Madden is more likable than Belichick and - I'm guessing - a better Xs-and-Os guy than Lombardi (football is more complex now).

Of coaches still coaching, I think Pete Carroll would be awesome on the Bills sideline. I know he wears on some people but I like his enthusiasm - as do his players - and he's really bright at defensive scheming and the in's and out's of preparing a team to win.

I think John is better for the reasons I've alluded to. I think Jim has one setting - full intense. I believe it cost his team a Superbowl that they should on paper have won and I believe that, just as much as the organisational dysfunction, was the reason Harbaugh flamed out in San Fran. There were stories all year coming out of the locker room that suggested Head Coach and senior players were not on the same page. Those kinds of people are exhausting to be around for any length of time and eventually it shows in their ability to relate.

John Harbaugh on the other hand can be that intense when he needs to be but it is not his default setting. His record is outstanding.... playoffs first 5 seasons, a Superbowl win, and even last year when they finished 5-11 with a roster that lost so many of its key players to season ending injury they lost just 1 game by more than a single score - that to the Seahawks. It was a remarkable coaching job.

If I am looking for a man to turn around a total mess then Jim Harbaugh is my first call, if I want a coach I think can deliver long term, sustained success and I don't consider Belichick then John Harbaugh is my guy.

well said.

We will start out with Jim and finish off with John :D

Excellent arguments for John Harbaugh. I still love Arians. Great OC in Pittsburgh (offense fell off for two years after he left), ok on a nightmare with Indy amd Pagano's illness, and turned around 2-14, to 11-5. Granted they had Luck, but not a great team around him, then the Cardinals, and went from 5-11, to double digit wins every year since there.

I'd be happy as a clam with either one of those guys and both would get the most out of this team. These teams also don't make a lot of undisciplined mistakes. John Harbaugh's problem now is Ozzy has let this team get old.

Just think we could have hired Arians instead of Maroon <_<

Rob-the-Stormborn-e1376667520928.jpg

How dare you disgrace that body with that face!!!