Eagles' DT Fletcher Cox Gets a Big Deal

True.

But every baller player pay goes up when a new height is set. out of hand imo

Not really out of hand b.c if the players don't get the money the Owners keep it. The pay is going up with accordance to the NFL's profits. Edited by Beef Jerky

Not really out of hand b.c if the players don't get the money the Owners keep it. The pay is going up with accordance to the NFL's profits.

I know how it works. I just don't care for these leaps in salaries neverending.

100 and 3 million dollars for four or five years of work.

just step back and think about that

I know how it works. I just don't care for these leaps in salaries neverending.

100 and 3 million dollars for four or five years of work.

just step back and think about that

It also heavily depends on contract structure. $63 million is the more relevant number here - still a crazy amount, but a lot of these inflate the non guaranteed money to make the agent look better.

It also heavily depends on contract structure. $63 million is the more relevant number here - still a crazy amount, but a lot of these inflate the non guaranteed money to make the agent look better.

63 guaranteed again for 5 years of hard work and all that goes with that, still seems alot to little people like me with my little job.

The rewards far outreach the product in my opinion.

Maybe i am still thinking on the top five Bills of all time thread and Cookie and those guys. 50 years later these players are getting paid exorbitant amounts of money.

Major League Sports is weird business to me.

I would watch the sport if they were paid minimum wage. Because then it would truly be about the passion. not the fame and glory.

@RapSheet

#Eagles DT Fletcher Cox has agreed to a 6-year extension worth $103M, source said. $63M in guarantees. A monster deal.

Elway is going to have to pay Miller now. No way around the guaranteed money, if the guarantees in Fletcher's deal is a real 63 million.

63 guaranteed again for 5 years of hard work and all that goes with that, still seems alot to little people like me with my little job.

The rewards far outreach the product in my opinion.

Maybe i am still thinking on the top five Bills of all time thread and Cookie and those guys. 50 years later these players are getting paid exorbitant amounts of money.

Major League Sports is weird business to me.

I would watch the sport if they were paid minimum wage. Because then it would truly be about the passion. not the fame and glory.

We can't compare our jobs to professional athletes or really compare eras of sports. The money involved is directly related to the technology available, which made the league as popular as it is. Were the players of years prior worth a lot more than they got paid? From a playing standpoint most definitely. They just played in a different era.

Players are making so much, they are also going to spend a lot of it keeping up their health once they retire. And if the players are making what they do, the owners are making much more. And they are a specialized group of people. People with specialized/rare skill sets in any industry get paid more than others. Such is life.

Edited by purple haze

Eagles had to get this done now before it cost them even more. I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Cox will get 12-15 sacks this year under Schwartz as a 3-Tech.

One of the very best interior rushers and a joy to watch. He's worth every penny.

Edited by Blokestradamus