Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. NNIjPvHW_200x200.jpg

SABRES (27-26-12) at PENGUINS (39-16-8)

SUN MAR 5, 2017 @ 5:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/NHLN

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 314)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 65 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 29 games
William Carrier (knee, Feb.4; injured reserve) – 15 games
Kyle Okposo (ribs, March 4) – 1 game
Dmitry Kulikov (upper body) – 0 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/28: Acquired D Mat Bodie from NY Rangers in exchange for F Daniel Catenacci
3/1: Assigned G Linus Ullmark to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, March 7: Philadelphia at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, March 10: Buffalo at Columbus, 7 p.m.
Saturday, March 11: Columbus at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, March 14: Buffalo at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 16: Buffalo at Los Angeles, 10:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at PENGUINS
This is the second of three meetings between the Sabres and Penguins this season.
Next meeting: Tuesday, March 21 in Pittsburgh
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Pittsburgh 2-1 (SO) in Buffalo on Nov. 19, 2016
The Sabres are 1-8-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Penguins; 3-6-1 on the road.
This is the 184th game all-time between Buffalo and Pittsburgh; Buffalo has a 65-76-42 series record.
The Sabres are 24-48-20 on the road against the Penguins all-time.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He thought he was upgrading the defense with the acquisition of Kulikov. He was wrong. The problem is so obvious on defense that the GM admits the dire situation is mostly on him. The GM didn't expect both Bogo and Kulikov to be so second-rate.

The GM recently stated that he is going to address the defense. Next year, Guhle will be added to the mix and I see maybe another couple of defensemen brought in.

Would I be willing to give up a Kane or Reinhardt to add a good defenseman? No.

Bogo and Kooly stunk last year, no reason to expect a massive turnaround this yr. I think that is the problem with most GMs as they fall in love with their guys and keep on hoping they will be good someday. That is what makes Bellycheat so good, he will cut or add guys without a second thought if it helps them win. He takes the approach that they are machines and easily replaced if not working properly.

PS. Lehner blows in shootouts and break aways.

That's been brought up on various radio talk shows and the accepted logic seems to be that goalies are just too fragile to suffer the indignity of being pulled for a shootout. I say bull hockey. You know what's embarrassing for a goalie? Knowing you absolutely SUCK at it and being kept in there.

definitely, it would be like a closer in baseball and we really really need one.

Bogo and Kooly stunk last year, no reason to expect a massive turnaround this yr. I think that is the problem with most GMs as they fall in love with their guys and keep on hoping they will be good someday. That is what makes Bellycheat so good, he will cut or add guys without a second thought if it helps them win. He takes the approach that they are machines and easily replaced if not working properly.

PS. Lehner blows in shootouts and break aways.

definitely, it would be like a closer in baseball and we really really need one.

the only defense i have for GMTM is Bogo had a strong 2nd half last year, and i thought he would be better this year as well. I was never in favor of the Kulikov trade as i really liked Pysck, but did not think he would be this bad either.

BTW, i get to see this mofos in person today....(feels just the Cleveland game last December)..anyone here in Pittsburgh by chance?

the only defense i have for GMTM is Bogo had a strong 2nd half last year, and i thought he would be better this year as well. I was never in favor of the Kulikov trade as i really liked Pysck, but did not think he would be this bad either.

BTW, i get to see this mofos in person today....(feels just the Cleveland game last December)..anyone here in Pittsburgh by chance?

Kulikov is probably going to be gone next year. As like you I didn't like the trade of Pysyk. And Bogo because of his contract is not tradeable.

I watched yesterday's game and thought our defense played soundly. If they would have played at this level for most of the season this team would have had a few more points.

Gorges is certainly on the downside of his career. He is a very battered player. But I have to give him credit because he plays his heart out and never folds. He is a blood and guts type player whose tank is nearly empty. But I salute him for his effort and character.

Kulikov is probably going to be gone next year. As like you I didn't like the trade of Pysyk. And Bogo because of his contract is not tradeable.

I watched yesterday's game and thought our defense played soundly. If they would have played at this level for most of the season this team would have had a few more points.

Gorges is certainly on the downside of his career. He is a very battered player. But I have to give him credit because he plays his heart out and never folds. He is a blood and guts type player whose tank is nearly empty. But I salute him for his effort and character.

Pysyk had years to prove he could be anything more than a run of the mill bottom 4 guy, and he never separated form the pack. I support Murray moving him for a guy he thought could produce more upside, because it's better than just letting him go for nothing.

Who is mofos ?

How many times have we lost after leading by three goals in games this year? Four or five? This is one fragile group of players and until that changes, nothing will. Personally, I think it's a reflection of their coach. Dreary Dan has to go.

How many times have we lost after leading by three goals in games this year? Four or five? This is one fragile group of players and until that changes, nothing will. Personally, I think it's a reflection of their coach. Dreary Dan has to go.

Bylsma is not fun to listen to that is for sure.

I'm not a big fan of Tim Murray. No doubt, Bylsma needs to go but what Murray has accomplished on the blueline is criminal. Risto is a leftover from the Regier regime, as well as McCabe is.......and then there is the rest that Murray is responsible for.

He better fix that blueline in a hurry.

Will a Buffalo pro or college team in any sport be a winner? I recently got into a cab and was asked by the driver where do you want to go. I said Losersville. He turned the meter on and said Buffalo here we come. :bag:

Bylsma is not fun to listen to that is for sure.

My antennae were raised the first time I heard him speak after Eichel went down the day before the season opener. He sounded like the world had come to an end. How does that not translate to his players?

Good coaches and good teams use adversity like that to galvanize; to circle the wagons because nobody thinks they're gonna succeed because they lost their best player.

But not Dreary Dan. He jumped on that excuse and so did his players.

Fragile.

Will a Buffalo pro or college team in any sport be a winner? I recently got into a cab and was asked by the driver where do you want to go. I said Losersville. He turned the meter on and said Buffalo here we come. :bag:

:lol: I was just saying that to my wife; are we ever going to have a winning team, she just laughed with that tone of "silly rabbit, trix are for kids"

My antennae were raised the first time I heard him speak after Eichel went down the day before the season opener. He sounded like the world had come to an end. How does that not translate to his players?

Good coaches and good teams use adversity like that to galvanize; to circle the wagons because nobody thinks they're gonna succeed because they lost their best player.

But not Dreary Dan. He jumped on that excuse and so did his players.

Fragile.

Dan needs some alternative facts to make this team great again lol