Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sabres v Rangers in '18 Winter Classic, to be played at CitiField. Awesome!

Maybe i am missing something here and my dates are off...but is US-Canada not being played on the 29th in New Era? Is it not the 10 year anniversary of the first Winter Classic ...in Buffalo?

WhyTF id this game not in Buffalo?

Are they allowed to play without a coach or GM?

Only if the owner owns three professional sports teams, the presumption being that the coach and GM of one of the other teams can fill in for spot duty.

Only if the owner owns three professional sports teams, the presumption being that the coach and GM of one of the other teams can fill in for spot duty.

Normally I'd be fine with it but if they go with McD they are going to be falling down a lot because of his policy of sharpening skates with other skates.

Maybe i am missing something here and my dates are off...but is US-Canada not being played on the 29th in New Era? Is it not the 10 year anniversary of the first Winter Classic ...in Buffalo?

The Sabres wil actually be the home team in that game. So maybe the NHL thought that was good enough...

The Sabres wil actually be the home team in that game. So maybe the NHL thought that was good enough...

Wait, what? How on earth can they justify that? I see in a TSN link that there's some contractual thing where all Rag home games need to be at MSG, but that's just odd. I wonder if they split the gate differently between home and visitor teams in these games.

I read a while back, IIRC, that the Pegulas were really trying to get the game, for the 10th anniversary, and it would work great with the Juniors game being set up already...............And, I think the NHL didn't give a crap - because they know that Buffalo watches the NHL so much, anyway - and it's not big enough to make enough of an impact in the national ratings........I guess this was the door prize.

@PierreVLeBrun

Pierre LeBrun Retweeted Darren Dreger

Hearing the same as Dregs. Love this hire by the Sabres. Botterilll has earned this opportunity.

For now but in two years when we still don't have a true #1 goalie or four good defense men that could change.

Lehner is fine as the #1, but the defense needs a major talent infusion.