The Cavs-Bills comparisons have begun

The fact that he has even gotten a Cleveland team this close to a championship shows how amazing he is. That city is more cursed than us!

I was a kid in the 90s and thought the Bills were losers because they lost SBs. Unfortunately, there are still media members and fans who think like who I did as a 10 year old. You are a loser if you don't win the title. What a joke. I'd do something really bad for the Bills or Sabres to be losers like LeBron apparently is.

Settle down there, cowboy. They're not THAT much worse off than us. I think combined across all major sports they only have like a 20-year championship drought margin on us. Of note, they have three major sports to our two. So, i could make the argument that BUFFALO is the true factory of sadness.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Settle down there, cowboy. They're not THAT much worse off than us. I think combined across all major sports they only have like a 20-year championship drought margin on us. Of note, they have three major sports to our two. So, i could make the argument that BUFFALO is the true factory of sadness.

IMO Buffalo has only one major sport to Cleveland's three. If you want to count lower-tier sports, Bandits won titles before. I give the nod to Cleveland here.

I'm completely settle. Now imagine the Bills never went to a SB, moved to Las Vegas, and won 2 SBs. Cleveland has had it much worse than us.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

IMO Buffalo has only one major sport to Cleveland's three. If you want to count lower-tier sports, Bandits won titles before. I give the nod to Cleveland here.

Buffalo has two major sports teams, no?

Bills

Sabres

Cleveland has three

Cavs

Browns

Indians

Buffalo has two major sports teams, no?

Bills

Sabres

Cleveland has three

Cavs

Browns

Indians

Football

Basketball

Baseball

Pro Wrestling

Hockey

National Spelling Bee

How much of this "loser" talk comes from the Cavs being a Cleveland team? No one called LeBron and the Heat losers for only winning two of four NBA titles.

Winning 2 out of 4 is a lot different than 0 out of 3. But, I agree that some of it is a small city bias.

IMO it looks like the real championship took place in the WCF, thus far. But I am shocked at "how" the Cavs are losing. They looked dominant in the east.

Not sure the first two games are a good indicator. Cavs were rusty in game one because of a long layoff. Second game they shut it down because it made little sense to expend the energy once they fell behind so fast in the second half. It was only 8 at halftime.

If the Cavs aren't remarkably better in Game 3, I'll be pretty surprised.

IMO it looks like the real championship took place in the WCF, thus far. But I am shocked at "how" the Cavs are losing. They looked dominant in the east.

You have to wonder with the Cavs like the Bills when does it become a head game vs the presence of talent?

Not sure the first two games are a good indicator. Cavs were rusty in game one because of a long layoff. Second game they shut it down because it made little sense to expend the energy once they fell behind so fast in the second half. It was only 8 at halftime.

Good post. I think the other thing that not enough people talk about is how many games (milles) are on LeBron. He has made the Finals 7 years in a row. That's like 100 games every season. He also has played in the Olympics and never had a major injury. Honestly, he might be an alien. But at some point, it might be too much to just carry a team every single game. He needs the role players to step up.

They'll get a ton of calls in Game 3, better or no. The NBA won't let them go down in 4.

Cleveland is loaded with talent and they threw in the towel in the 2nd half of game 2 to go 0-2 so they could "save energy" for game 3? They were down 20 at the start of the 4th Q--this is the NBA, 20 point leads disappear in minutes.

NBA teams starting out 0-2 are 16-254 in the playoffs in best of 7 series. The Cavs have lost 7 straight to the Warriors (last 3 games were blowouts. So they decided to rest up for game 3....during game 2?

• 2 weeks later...