Jags to deploy no-huddle this season - bad news for Bills?

With the right tools it could have been good.

At least their QB is going onto his third year instead of trying it out for the first time on a rookie.

True, Bortles has looked decent. Enough that this could work going into his 3rd year. Could be interesting.

id take their crap division year after year

Exactly. We dont need to swap Offenses. If we were in there, we would have been Division champs and a playoff team last year and plenty of other years.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jags have quietly built what has the makings of a good team the last 3 years. Bortles has the potential to be a star QB. They have Robinson and Hurns on the outside with Julius Thomas @ TE. If Thomas can stay healthy it will just open up things more so for Bortles and the rest of those guys. Don't forget Marquis Lee in all of this either. He seems to finally be healthy for them and he will likely be lining up in the slot. They signed Chris Ivory in FA to form a nice duo with TJ Yeldon. The question is if Dougie can bring that OL together on offense? Last year they were horrid.

On defense they have an up and coming LB in Telvin Smith. They also went out and signed Malik Jackson away from Denver to play beside Alualu and Roy Miller. They also got Tashaun Gipson from Cleveland who is one of the better FS in the NFL at this time. They will also have a lot of talent playing for the first time this year in Dante Fowler, Myles Jack, Jalen Ramsey, Sheldon Day, and Yannick Ngakoue, This defense should be MUCH improved from a year ago. The question is how quiick will they be able to learn the system and put it together on the field? If these guys click then I fully expect them to go from top 5 pick this past draft to contending for the division.

Valued post here.

Defense is improved on paper easily, and was the weakest of weaknesses.

Can they protect Bortles? That is the question for me.

ascending most likely

I think it is so interesting how people will make excuses left and right for a team that almost ALWAYS picks in the top 5 of the NFL draft....but looks for reasons to B word about a bills team that outperforms them 95 percent of the time

I find it interesting that they beat us last year and we were the ones making excuses left and right. In fact, I still here excuses about that game 8 months later.

I find it interesting that they beat us last year and we were the ones making excuses left and right. In fact, I still here excuses about that game 8 months later.

There were some horrific plays and calls that made that particularly painful and traumatic.

John Grisham wrote Playing For Pizza, which was funny to read. Much more difficult to watch the live Bills version. And that PI call? Yes, Jax won, but with a bizarre set of circumstances. Having said that, with some coaching they've got a serious team.

You lost me here.

Yeah Im sorry I didnt see your point and responded.

I guess what I am trying to say is that one game (or a couple of games) in a season is not really a determination of how good a team is overall.......

We lost to the Jags

We beat the jets who had the better record and knocked them out of playoff contention

Yeah Im sorry I didnt see your point and responded.

I guess what I am trying to say is that one game (or a couple of games) in a season is not really a determination of how good a team is overall.......

We lost to the Jags

We beat the jets who had the better record and knocked them out of playoff contention

But losing games is an indicator of which HC is better, John?

Couple things

I agree with poster up thread. I would go nickel on them. They haven't proven they can run with that line.

Re Jets vs Jags Beating a division rival twice means more than losing to a non division rival once in England. I could talk more about this but I think it needs its own thread.

No...not necessarily.

But if we are talking about the jags vs the jets......you dont really need to be reminded that bills won BOTH games vs the jets.....one of which actually had some playoff indications.

Oh so one loss means nothing, but two losses means one HC is better than the other?

Oh so one loss means nothing, but two losses means one HC is better than the other?

If its in the AFC East yes it means more

But....lets take it a little further....what teams did we lose to in the AFC East that were NOT the patriots?

Winning games in your own division is important.....which is why missing the playoffs last year is so frustrating.

Jags for the first time in a long are a very interesting team. Offensively they put up some numbers in 2015, Allen Robinson emerged as a legit number 1 receiver, Hurns emerged as a legit number 2 threat, and most importantly Bortles looked like he could be a franchise QB with over 4000 yards and 35 TD's second in the NFL. They also have a lot of offensive talent that could be tapped into Marquise Lee could be turned into a quality third receiver, Julius Thomas is pretty solid big target over the middle, and TJ Yeldon out the backfield could develop into a more than solid running back (Chris Ivory, Marcedes Lewis, and Denard Robinson are also solid secondary options depth wise).

Their defense was pretty horrid but they added a lot of talent. Malik Jackson is a stud interior linemen, Dante Fowler could have an impact returning from injury, and they drafted two highly regarded defenders in Ramsey and Jack. Overall if their offense rounds out to be more consistent and their defense improves to be more solid they could win their division or make a run at the playoffs.

But as far as their "No huddle" offense goes I don't think it will be successful if it is ran similar to the way Marone ran the Bills offense. But the offense is talented enough to make strides to be an elite unit and their defense could improve enough to give their offense enough support.

Couple things

I agree with poster up thread. I would go nickel on them. They haven't proven they can run with that line.

Match personnel. If they go 3 wr we will match accordingly. No huddle doesn't mean you sub without allowing the defense to sub. Edited by TheTruthHurts