And we think the Bills do stupid things?? Exhibit 1A:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the Bills have never let premier players walk.... signed Pat Williams and Antoine Winfield

Timely comment! The Bills have also never had a first round bust...signed Erik Flowers.

Now, can we get back to this decade?

They put a value on him and he wanted more. Simple. Critics stated he really only had one breakout year (last year), and otherwise was good, not great. Not my opinion. The same was true of Osweiler in Denver. Elias placed a $15 mil value, and because he demanded more, he let another team overpay.

More often than not, teams overpay for free agents. The Redskins may end up being the loser in this deal. We'll find out in one to two years.

Critics stated he really only had one breakout year (last year), and otherwise was good, not great.

And that he will be 29 during the 2016 season - not a great age to be committing long term, guaranteed money to a corner. To me that is what it came down to. If Norman was 26 the Panthers would have been far less reluctant to sign him up in my opinion.

Byrd wasn't a first round pick.

I know. It was more to the point of recent free agent "keep/let go" debates. This decade. I should have quoted both posts.

Edited by snafu

John McCargo, Aaron Maybin, CJ Spiller and EJ Manuel say "bless you"..

Don't be a dick. Using Pat Williams and Antoine Winfield as "relevant" examples to a discussion of the current organization is ridiculous and you know it.

In a related note (obviously), Norman's nemesis Odell Beckham Jr. is dating a Kardashian. And that's the good news for him. The bad news is that it's Khloe.

The bad news is it's a Kardashian.

He ain't from this decade.

Well he was within the last decade. But fine, drop that one if you want..

Don't be a dick. Using Pat Williams and Antoine Winfield as "relevant" examples to a discussion of the current organization is ridiculous and you know it.

I didn't. I used names drafted in the last decade.

So, if I'm Carolina I'm still confident without him. I'd rather have him than not but I definitely am not losing sleep. They should have got something for him but would not have received much.

Very interested in what Carolina will do next year. Prior to some of these moves and the epic Superbowl melt down I had them winning. Noe I have them in the playoffs not sure how far.