RIP Harambe

/dev/null

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eeeeeewwwwwwwwww! A lawyer.

Have been retained to represent the Estate of Harambe in their wrongful death lawsuit against the parent, the kid and the zoo. Trying to find Harambe's mom or some relative to act as Executor (party plaintiff). Checking genealogical records online. Will report back.

Have been retained to represent the Estate of Harambe in their wrongful death lawsuit against the parent, the kid and the zoo. Trying to find Harambe's mom or some relative to act as Executor (party plaintiff). Checking genealogical records online. Will report back.

I thought I saw on TMZ that he was somehow related to Florida Evans. That would be dynamite.

I've seen this happen too many times...it's the very reason that I approach a neurotic level about keeping an eye on my kids in public.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than willing to let them run/jump/explore and expose themselves to moderate hazards; how else are they supposed to learn to be responsible for their bodies? However, I maintain that I need to have a line of sight with them, because after all, they're three, and asking them to be rational, thinking humans all the time is too much at this age.

I had to watch my niece in public once for about ten minutes. You think a normal kid is tough? Try a precocious, outgoing, confident four-year old who walks up to complete strangers and starts conversations. "No, get back here...get back here...you can't just walk up alone to strange men and introduce yourself and start talking to them. No, you can't. No. Because I say so, that's why. Now stay here...wait, where'd you go? Get BACK here!"

My brother got back, and I told him "You know, I still think putting a kid on a leash is degrading and humiliating, and I would never do it. But I understand." To which he simply responded "Yep."

(My brother ended up getting her an Australian Shepherd as a pet - great dog. Very friendly and gentle, but will come after you if it even thinks you're hurting her. Wise decision on my brother's part.)

I had to watch my niece in public once for about ten minutes. You think a normal kid is tough? Try a precocious, outgoing, confident four-year old who walks up to complete strangers and starts conversations. "No, get back here...get back here...you can't just walk up alone to strange men and introduce yourself and start talking to them. No, you can't. No. Because I say so, that's why. Now stay here...wait, where'd you go? Get BACK here!"

My brother got back, and I told him "You know, I still think putting a kid on a leash is degrading and humiliating, and I would never do it. But I understand." To which he simply responded "Yep."

(My brother ended up getting her an Australian Shepherd as a pet - great dog. Very friendly and gentle, but will come after you if it even thinks you're hurting her. Wise decision on my brother's part.)

One day, when my kids aren't terrified of dogs, I'm going to get one for this exact reason.

I know a lot of 4-year olds, since they are my daughter's contemporaries. I would say that none of them would dive into a gorilla's cage. Most of them would be too scared. Some may be super hyper and fall over a fence or something-- but to crawl through a fence to dive into a gorilla cage-- that seems extreme and I am betting the kid has some issues.

Without a doubt. The kid probably identifies as ambisexual gorilla kin because our tolerance has enabled this kind of crap. This is what we get for allowing kids to say s@#$ like "I'm gender fluid". This is what we get for entertaining things like "I'm a cis queer bisexual in a manicorn's body". This is what we sow!!

I think I may be the only guy advocating for a lawsuit on behalf of Harembe's family; then again, aren't we all relatives of the great beast? Should we not all take up arms in pursuit of justice on behalf of our fallen, silver backed brother? Who's with me? Anyone? Anyone?

Without a doubt. The kid probably identifies as ambisexual gorilla kin because our tolerance has enabled this kind of crap. This is what we get for allowing kids to say s@#$ like "I'm gender fluid". This is what we get for entertaining things like "I'm a cis queer bisexual in a manicorn's body". This is what we sow!!

isn't that what you put in a Prius?

you made me miss my grandpa's australian shepherds. they were amazing dogs.

when i would leave from summer vacation to go back home from the farm the oldest dog, none of them had names - they were legit farm dogs and came at your whistle - ...the oldest dog would sit on my sand pile where i would play for 2 or 3 days waiting on me. the whole time i was there she wouldn't play with me much, just watch me and follow me around. if anything or anyone got too close she would run them down and bite them.

Actually yes. Reports say the kid told his mom he wanted to play with the gorilla. He had intent. Of course a 4 year old has no idea what the ramifications would be, but he had his mind set on the gorilla. His mom should have had him under control.

Ridiculous. You don't know anything more about this event than the next rubbernecker, and the fact that you are convinced of what this mother should or shouldn't have been doing is just nonsense.

The woman's son fell into a pit with a 400 lb gorilla, and she's probably STILL crapping purple Twinkies as I type this. People are imperfect. They make mistakes. And frankly it kind of bugs me how so many people find it necessary to stand in judgement of someone when the sum total of their knowledge of what actually happened can be written down on a piece of paper, crumbled up and comfortably shoved up the ass of a gnat.

Ridiculous. You don't know anything more about this event than the next rubbernecker, and the fact that you are convinced of what this mother should or shouldn't have been doing is just nonsense.

The woman's son fell into a pit with a 400 lb gorilla, and she's probably STILL crapping purple Twinkies as I type this. People are imperfect. They make mistakes. And frankly it kind of bugs me how so many people find it necessary to stand in judgement of someone when the sum total of their knowledge of what actually happened can be written down on a piece of paper, crumbled up and comfortably shoved up the ass of a gnat.

Bra phucking Vo

Mom didn't just lose sight of little gorilla-bait for a few seconds. She failed two basic tests of parenting well before they even went to the zoo:

1) Teaching junior the meaning of a "fence." Once side of the fence is "his," the other is "not his."

2) Conveying the lesson: don't play with the mother!@#$ing gorillas.

Still surprised at how easily a four year old kid got into this exhibit and was first able to survive a significant fall and then survived the encounter with a male gorilla. With the security systems that are out there, you would think that a zoo would have something in place to alert officials to the presence of someone in an area that is off limits so they could respond accordingly.

Now the four year old has issues because he crawled through a fence to see the gorilla?

SMDH.

yes, cause any 4 year old that is curious, and disobeyed his parent once...has issues. C'Mon, its 2016, everyone is perfect.

Yup, the kid he reminds me of has ADHD.

Now that ' is rich...you know nothing about this kid...nothing. Some comment from some bystander i am guessing .

And please tell me what you know of ADD...seeing i have kid that struggles with it on a daily basis...would love to know how this diagnosis came about

Edited by plenzmd1

After watching a two minute youtube video, a mother has been deemed an unfit parent (who apparently deserved to be shot) and a child has been diagnosed with multiple behavior disorders.

There are some seriously talented mother !@#$ers on this board.

Yup, the kid he reminds me of has ADHD.

How in the world does this kid remind you of someone with ADHD? Did you have breakfast with him before he went to the zoo? Did he come over to your house Christmas morning? Do you vacation with his parents?

Or do watch the news and make an assumption for the sake of taking a contrary position?

By issues, it could just be ADD or just a super hyper kid. The 4-year olds I know are not saints, but I doubt many (or really any) of them would crawl through a fence to jump in with a live gorilla. They'd be too scared.

Another name for a 4-year-old boy who is hyper is "a 4-year-old boy."

My son was so hyper, he kicked his way out of his mom 5 weeks early. Fortunately the doctor game him ADD meds right after the cord was cut because he clearly saw a child who would one day endanger a zoo gorilla.

My son was so hyper, he kicked his way out of his mom 5 weeks early. Fortunately the doctor game him ADD meds right after the cord was cut because he clearly saw a child who would one day endanger a zoo gorilla.

You & your wife are very lucky that she had such a prescient OB.