2016 Stanley Cup: Penguins Vs. Sharks

Looks like it's just the two of us in this thread!

Jones really bailed out SJ last night. They had no business winning that game. He had an all-world game.

one steal per goalie per series. Really enjoyed that game last night

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Sharks can find the game they had in the first three rounds for these last two games, they can pull it off. If. As great as Jones was last night, the odds of giving up 46 shots and winning again are slim. I think it's going 7. I'm greedy, I want OT in that game.

If the Sharks can find the game they had in the first three rounds for these last two games, they can pull it off. If. As great as Jones was last night, the odds of giving up 46 shots and winning again are slim. I think it's going 7. I'm greedy, I want OT in that game.

I agree. The Sharks can not let Jones take another game like that.

So far they've done it twice in this series. It's their most successful formula.

Speaking of both those teams, I bet Marc Andre Fleury ends up in Buffalo next year. Would make sense for both teams.

There is no scenario in which the Sabres trading for MAF makes sense for them. Lehner is better & cheaper. If he can be re-signed, Johnson is better & will come cheaper. Ullmark may be better & is significantly cheaper.

MAF is average but due to the pedigree is very pricey. You can keep him. (Probably will be stuck w/ him until the expansion draft.)

There is no scenario in which the Sabres trading for MAF makes sense for them. Lehner is better & cheaper. If he can be re-signed, Johnson is better & will come cheaper. Ullmark may be better & is significantly cheaper.

MAF is average but due to the pedigree is very pricey. You can keep him. (Probably will be stuck w/ him until the expansion draft.)

I'm not even sure why I'm bothering with this, but I just have to ask. So, let me get this straight. MAF is average? He was maybe having his best year ever this season before getting hurt, and his defense in front of him for most of the time he was playing, was hurt and average at best. He was the only the reason the Pens were afloat until they caught fire. Oh, and he is definitely pedigreed.

But, knowing all of that, the Sabres have not only one "better and cheaper" goaltender, but if I read it correctly, really have three better goaltenders than MAF and all are cheaper.

Ummmm, yeah, ok. MAF is now on the cusp on being a bit too expensive for his age, but he's a top flight goalie for sure. I also find it pretty hard to believe the Buffalo Sabres have three better than MAF and didn't sniff the playoffs.

And besides, if the Pens trade MAF, I'm pretty sure it will be to the Western Conference. I don't think they want to risk playing him and losing to him in the playoffs.

Edited by Lv-Bills

I'm not even sure why I'm bothering with this, but I just have to ask. So, let me get this straight. MAF is average? He was maybe having his best year ever this season before getting hurt, and his defense in front of him for most of the time he was playing, was hurt and average at best. He was the only the reason the Pens were afloat until they caught fire. Oh, and he is definitely pedigreed.

But, knowing all of that, the Sabres have not only one "better and cheaper" goaltender, but if I read it correctly, really have three better goaltenders than MAF and all are cheaper.

Ummmm, yeah, ok. MAF is now on the cusp on being a bit too expensive for his age, but he's a top flight goalie for sure. I also find it pretty hard to believe the Buffalo Sabres have three better than MAF and didn't sniff the playoffs.

And besides, if the Pens trade MAF, I'm pretty sure it will be to the Western Conference. I don't think they want to risk playing him and losing to him in the playoffs.

Yes. MAF is average. He was outplayed by a rookie when it mattered.

He's on the wrong side of 30. I would definitely rather have Lehner than MAF moving forward & (more importantly to the discussion) the Sabres GM is high on Lehner. The Sabres will be making trades this off-season almost definitely, but bringing in an overpriced backup goalie won't be one of them.

Through the years MAF has had instumental roles Penguin playoff disappointments. Don't want him at what he costs under any reasonable circumstances.

MAF is not average. My goodness. That's ridiculous. I also don't think he's elite, but he's very good. He was outplayed by a rookie in the playoffs? Really? He got one chance to come back after being out for weeks because his head had cobwebs in it from a concussion. He was unreal all year. And while nobody in the league would take any of the three Buffalo goalies over MAF, I can see the reasoning if you wouldn't want Fleury because he is getting up there in age.

At 31, he is a perfect piece for a contending team and will key fetch an all star defenseman for him. But to say Buffalo has three goalies better than MAF is borderline crazy.

The Penguins will likely trade him because Murray is a stud, and Fleury isn't worth keeping (at his salary) on a team set at goalie for the next 10 years.

MAF is not average. My goodness. That's ridiculous. I also don't think he's elite, but he's very good. He was outplayed by a rookie in the playoffs? Really? He got one chance to come back after being out for weeks because his head had cobwebs in it from a concussion. He was unreal all year. And while nobody in the league would take any of the three Buffalo goalies over MAF, I can see the reasoning if you wouldn't want Fleury because he is getting up there in age.

At 31, he is a perfect piece for a contending team and will key fetch an all star defenseman for him. But to say Buffalo has three goalies better than MAF is borderline crazy.

The Penguins will likely trade him because Murray is a stud, and Fleury isn't worth keeping (at his salary) on a team set at goalie for the next 10 years.

No thanks. I hope he doesn't come to the Sabres. I wonder what Bylsma's take is on MAF?

at his age , salary, and playoff history, be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for him.

So many reasons, but goalie is just not as important in today's game. I really like Lehner, still pissed we gave a one for him.

And if a GM gave an all-star Dman up for a goalie not named Hank or Carey, he should be immediately fired.

Edited by plenzmd1