2016 Stanley Cup: Penguins Vs. Sharks

MAF is not average. My goodness. That's ridiculous. I also don't think he's elite, but he's very good. He was outplayed by a rookie in the playoffs? Really? He got one chance to come back after being out for weeks because his head had cobwebs in it from a concussion. He was unreal all year. And while nobody in the league would take any of the three Buffalo goalies over MAF, I can see the reasoning if you wouldn't want Fleury because he is getting up there in age.

At 31, he is a perfect piece for a contending team and will key fetch an all star defenseman for him. But to say Buffalo has three goalies better than MAF is borderline crazy.

The Penguins will likely trade him because Murray is a stud, and Fleury isn't worth keeping (at his salary) on a team set at goalie for the next 10 years.

Saying he's average is a smidge of hyperbole, he was good this season. But he isn't worth what he makes and he's not likely to repeat last season; which puts him in the overpriced, average, & old categories. ;) None of which bring back AS D in return.

My guess is he'd fetch the 2nd that was mentioned upthread, though if somebody w/ a late round 1st needed a goalie he might fetch that.

And it is more likely that Murray winds up Hedberg class than Lundqvist/ Roy class. I'd agree it makes a lot of sense for the Pens to try to move MAF; not sure it'll be worth their while to do it this off-season. Not w/ the likely expansion draft coming up next off-season.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic