Baylor fires Art Briles

Well, that's really disturbing. I guess you have to remember that they get at least part of their moral compass from their parents. If Art is capable of turning a blind eye to this much, it shouldn't be a shock to see his kids being willing to do likewise.

I've cut members of my family out over less than this. I can't fathom having that kind of loyalty to someone.

Disturbing, but not surprising that some spoiled Texas girls hold their family's power and status more important than the well being of strangers.

This is the state that gave us Ethan Couch.

Edited by DrDareustein

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's really disturbing. I guess you have to remember that they get at least part of their moral compass from their parents. If Art is capable of turning a blind eye to this much, it shouldn't be a shock to see his kids being willing to do likewise.

I've cut members of my family out over less than this. I can't fathom having that kind of loyalty to someone.

to be fair, its her dad. odds are she isnt condoning the behavior that you and i read about, but has him telling her a totally different version of the story and she wants to believe him.

my gut isnt to condemn her to terribly about wanting to believe the best in her father.

Good point and no way Starr didn't know all of this was going on. I can't believe Baylor is retaining him in any capacity.

@SportsCenter

"People get drunk on success, and blinded by it as a result." @notthefakeSVP's 1 Big Thing on Baylor.

Ken Starr had his nose sniffing around Monica Lewinsky trying to hang Bill Clinton and then doesn't have a clue this is going on.... doubtful.

Good point and no way Starr didn't know all of this was going on. I can't believe Baylor is retaining him in any capacity.

@SportsCenter

"People get drunk on success, and blinded by it as a result." @notthefakeSVP's 1 Big Thing on Baylor.

https://t.co/bPsb1v8yqb

have they announced that they are? i imagine its only a matter of time before the process plays out and hes gone, but we will see.

Ken Starr had his nose sniffing around Monica Lewinsky trying to hang Bill Clinton and then doesn't have a clue this is going on.... doubtful.

Yet another big Republican player involved in that investigation that has since been exposed in much worse sexual crimes.

Yet another big Republican player involved in that investigation that has since been exposed in much worse sex crimes

Ironic isn't it, that EVERYONE involved in that case is somehow linked to criminiality? Like, say, Hillary Clinton!

More fallout:

@PickSixPreviews

Baylor WR KD Cannon apparently posted on snapchat: "You'll probably never see me in a Baylor uniform again. I'll know tomorrow for sure"

And 4* TE recruit decommits:

@kedrickjames044

Due to the departure of Coach Briles, I'd like to open my recruiting and decommit from Baylor. Thank u Baylor staff esp Coach Lebby & Bedell

I strongly disagree. His concepts can be found all over the current NFL. He is absolutely one of, if not THE, founding father. Teams may shy away from him because of the off the field stuff but NOBODY is shying away from his football acumen.

He is the founding father of...what, exactly?

And he has never had any job in the NFL, despite countless HC openings over the past few years alone.

Because of his work at Houston? Baylor? High school?

Who has he influenced specifically? The spread has been around longer than he has been coaching adults.

The spread basically started with Rich Rodriguez. The rise of the passing game was heavily influenced by Briles.

I believe that he turned out Kolb, Keenum, RG3 and Bryce Petty. That's not a bad run for the 13 years that he coached college (or whatever it was). In addition he turned out Donnie Avery, Kendall Wright, Josh Gordon, Terrance Williams and Corey Coleman as WR. I would say that is a pretty good list over the last decade of who he has turned out. 4 NFL QBs and 5 NFL WR with 3 being first rounders (which doesn't include Gordon) is impressive.

He took a perennial bottom feeder and won 50 games in 5 years. He may be a bad human being but as a football coach he is outstanding.

Great offensive mind but seems very slimy. Baylor seems like a slimy school as well. It's sad that school throw their morals away for the sake of winning. It makes me appreciate programs like Stanford that much more.

100% agree

It's a little odd that no one ever raised their hand and said, "Why is all of this talent going to a historically bad program in Waco, Texas?" It's not exactly Southern California. They just carried on and kept adding all of this talent until it blew up.

100% agree

It's a little odd that no one ever raised their hand and said, "Why is all of this talent going to a historically bad program in Waco, Texas?" It's not exactly Southern California. They just carried on and kept adding all of this talent until it blew up.

There was also an issue with the basketball team years ago too. It seems similar to SMU. I won't be surprised if there are even more violations going on with boosters.