Baylor fires Art Briles

He has hype at the NFL level?

As is, i dont think briles would be a good nfl coach. His game seems too dependent on wide speed disparity between his team and the opponent. You cant really get that kind of advantage in the nfl.

Agreed. He'd have to run a much different offense in the NFL than he did at Baylor. Some team may give it a go with him, but it'll be a mistake.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

On Ken Starr, if he was involved enough to be demoted/re-assigned, then he is involved enough to be fired. I think Baylor will regret not letting him go completely.

Jets so he can fire up the Petty machine

Or Browns so he can coach his boy(s) rg3, Gordon, Coleman

I'd love to see him reunite with the Jets, and try to incorporate an unsuccessful copy of what they did with Baylor. I think if they have to fire up the Petty machine they will start Free Fallin' quickly.

It's absolutely abhorrent and it goes way further than just Briles. Clean out the entire athletic department and let them start over. Nuking the program is pointless.

I'm not sure what to make of Briles as a man. As far as I can find, he has 2 daughters and a granddaughter. Explaining all of this to them should be the worst part of this entire process.

good

Edited by 3rdand12

I'm not sure what to make of Briles as a man. As far as I can find, he has 2 daughters and a granddaughter. Explaining all of this to them should be the worst part of this entire process.

I feel the same way about Joe Pa.

@brucefeldmancfb

BREAKING: #Baylor is firing head coach Art Briles, source tells @FoxSports. 1st reported by Craig Smoak.

Huge!

having a culture of sex offenders, he had to go.

Patriots :devil::devil: :devil: :devil:

I think that Briles is a phenomenal football coach (one of the best in the world). He seems like a "good ole' boy" too but clearly he wasn't running a very clean program.

not with his Spread system, non of his QBs have a clue how to read NFL defenses

Passing game coordinator under roman

CAN'T work in the NFL

definitely - it's an offensive driven league and he's considered an offensive genius who has had success with QBs currently in the league

such as?

You don't think he'll be too toxic for a while?

@thEMANacho

Why #Baylor did the right thing by firing #ArtBriles

CjZggmLUoAUp9BM.jpg

Raising men and protecting women :thumbsup:

how big of a screw up did Josh Gordon have to be to get kicked out of that program?

ouch! must be a lot because he is still a screw up.

Baylor is tone deaf.

@Mark_Schlabach

Baylor officials say Ken Starr's role as chancellor will be external fundraising and religious liberty.

Seriously!? better reevaluate that religion

It's absolutely abhorrent and it goes way further than just Briles. Clean out the entire athletic department and let them start over. Nuking the program is pointless.

You'd think so, but probably not. The women close to him will rally around him, and more than likely blame the victims. They'll see themselves as different/separate/better than the "stupid girls" that got mixed up with the team and who now "have an agenda" to take down the team. People almost always side with their group over strangers. Additionally, women love to hate other women.

edit: And immediately after posting this, this article popped up on my feed:

Art Briles' daughter goes on facebook rant, calling investigation a "witch hunt" against her father...

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/art-briles-daughter-blames-media-calls-father-a-scapegoat-in-facebook-rant/

Edited by DrDareustein

not with his Spread system, non of his QBs have a clue how to read NFL defenses

CAN'T work in the NFL

I strongly disagree. His concepts can be found all over the current NFL. He is absolutely one of, if not THE, founding father. Teams may shy away from him because of the off the field stuff but NOBODY is shying away from his football acumen.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

He is definitely toxic but teams are so desperate to win. Someone signed Greg Hardy last year. Maybe it takes another year but if his offense lights it up the fans will justify it in their heads. The NFL has a lot of suspect people.

This Baylor situation is a disgusting mess. He will be apologetic and try to distance himself from it as much as he can. Time will certainly calm things down some.

i generally agree. I think its a 2 year window til he gets his shot (essentially once this gets out of the headlines).

but already you are seeing a lot of "it does not excuse it at all here, but we do believe these terrible acts of coverup and win at all costs happen on a lot of campuses"

if he does well stashed in a film room designing an offense for some team, I think you will see someone justify it. i mean, some of our favorite guys on the roster today come with baggage that we would not like our daughters/sisters coming to the dinner table to introduce us to.

You'd think so, but probably not. The women close to him will rally around him, and more than likely blame the victims. They'll see themselves as different/separate/better than the "stupid girls" that got mixed up with the team and who now "have an agenda" to take down the team. People almost always side with their group over strangers. Additionally, women love to hate other women.

Art Briles' daughter goes on facebook rant, calling investigation a "witch hunt" against her father...

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/art-briles-daughter-blames-media-calls-father-a-scapegoat-in-facebook-rant/

Well, that's really disturbing. I guess you have to remember that they get at least part of their moral compass from their parents. If Art is capable of turning a blind eye to this much, it shouldn't be a shock to see his kids being willing to do likewise.

I've cut members of my family out over less than this. I can't fathom having that kind of loyalty to someone.

These days it seems as if no one has any sense of shame.

I think someone will take his place but the fact they felt that was appropriate at all is beyond me.

Good point and no way Starr didn't know all of this was going on. I can't believe Baylor is retaining him in any capacity.

@SportsCenter

"People get drunk on success, and blinded by it as a result." @notthefakeSVP's 1 Big Thing on Baylor.