Bills have new media reporting guidelines

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keep in mind, though, what the potential effect of the policy might have, and that's steering fans directly to the "exlusivity" of reports posted on the team's official website without any way of providing any perspective or counter-balance from outside voices.

if filtered information skewed through the lens of a team-sponsored report is what you want, well ...

jw

Why you ... ;)

jw

John,

You have always treated the Bills/Sabres fairly. I cannot say that for some of you colleagues . . . .

Your not the problem...its us

Fans take things the read on these twitters....form immediate gratification opinons.....and then extreme debates are on based on the limited information.

I mean christ its already started....our rooking corner Seymore gets praise from his HC and already our staring nickel corner is on the hot seat....FROM A SIXTH ROUND ROOKIE CORNER

now.....the next time you hear something its gonna be Seymore getting toasted left and right (which I expect....its a 6th round rookie) and the pendulum will swing dramatically the other way.

i have never known the Bills fanbase to ever over-react. ever.

jw

:flirt:

jw

Have you ever known the media that covers the Bills to over-react?

All reporters should be able to file whatever stories they wish after viewing a practice that was open to them. If the team is restricting that, they have gone too far. The policy should only pertain to live, social media reports. Nothing wrong wit taking notes and compiling a post-practice report.

GO BILLS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Browns have no such reporting guidelines for OTAs :lol:

@marykaycabot

Children in sandboxes in backyards near the #Browns facility beware: RG3 has thrown 2 away over 16 foot fence into yards. Hit garage today

Edited by YoloinOhio

@marykaycabot

Children in sandboxes in backyards near the #Browns facility beware: RG3 has thrown 2 away over 16 foot fence into yards. Hit garage today

Brownsfan999 "dooooooommmmmeeeeeddd"

Seriously though, was RG3 just never any good throwing?

@marykaycabot

If he was throwing the ball away, it sounds like he found a way to give some kids an NFL football. Nice.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't know, I haven't been paying a lot of attention, but seems like there's a lot less breathless obsession over individual micro-performances in OTAs. My Twitter feed certainly seems more free of it.

And I'm ok with that.

Edited by jimmy10

I find it funny we even discuss this. Who ever believed the Media anyway??

i certainly don't trust em.

jw

You're right to do so. :lol:

John,

You have always treated the Bills/Sabres fairly. I cannot say that for some of you colleagues . . . .

Agreed on both counts.

One point last year that became epically ridiculous that demonstrates the latter is the drumbeating that took place when EJ threw a pass into a tent at training camp. I think that's the kind of thing that The Bills don't want to have happen again. It's counterproductive and serves no useful purpose. Looking at it another way, if a CB were subjected to those kind of tweets and reports every time they got beat badly and their man scored 6 would that be considered fair? I know Revis Island had an "Occupied, and open under new management" sign on it last year. But flack came mostly from Bills fans.

jw

Correct again! :w00t: