Carucci thinks right side could be worse

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vic's takes have been odd in this series, such as him also suggesting the QB situation is worse going into this year. I don't know how it could get worse than what the Bills went into training camp with last summer.

He's still smarting, along with Matthew Coller, that Matt Cassel wasn't named starter. I mean he played just two series in that Pittsburgh preseason game. Isn't it obvious?

Some of that is attributable to his ability to buy time with his mobility.

True, but I think Bandit was suggesting that Tyrod often took too long to get rid of the ball, and he's right.

True, but I think Bandit was suggesting that Tyrod often took too long to get rid of the ball, and he's right.

No argument. Just pointing out that it can be construed as both positive and negative based on what he showed on the field.

Look at the list of the top five with most time to throw. They are all scramblers and all have a lot of designed rollout passes. That is the major reason for the average time to throw stat. That is BY FAR the major factor in that stat. Second is that all of those guys like to throw deep. TT surely has to get the ball out faster sometimes. No question. But neither the quality of the OL nor his inability to get the ball out quick were the reason he was #1. It's because he was amazing at avoiding the first and second rusher so often, and roll outs where he slowly would wait for the receivers to get open by design, and the percentage of long balls because that was the way this offense was built.

I'm going to say it probably will be worse. The injury to Watkins will most likely pull the defense in, and although he had a good season last year, McCoy is a year older. I expect the right side, like the offense as a whole, will be less productive

Are we completely writing of Henderson because of the Crohn's?

I have not, why should we?

Look at the list of the top five with most time to throw. They are all scramblers and all have a lot of designed rollout passes. That is the major reason for the average time to throw stat. That is BY FAR the major factor in that stat. Second is that all of those guys like to throw deep. TT surely has to get the ball out faster sometimes. No question. But neither the quality of the OL nor his inability to get the ball out quick were the reason he was #1. It's because he was amazing at avoiding the first and second rusher so often, and roll outs where he slowly would wait for the receivers to get open by design, and the percentage of long balls because that was the way this offense was built.

Actually this could be construed as compliment to Tyrod and the O line and the coordinator right ?

I have not, why should we?

Actually this could be construed as compliment to Tyrod and the O line and the coordinator right ?

Mostly him. Rushers get in pretty quick. He eludes the first guy with amazing consistency. It's somewhat a tribute to Roman and OL for the run game because play action works pretty well and gives him time. But it's mostly him. Like it's mostly Manziel and Wilson and Bridgrwater and Rodgers

I'm going to say it probably will be worse. The injury to Watkins will most likely pull the defense in, and although he had a good season last year, McCoy is a year older. I expect the right side, like the offense as a whole, will be less productive

Why will Sammy's injury impact how defenses play us? He will be back before we play our next game.

GO BILLS!!!

Maybe i am over worrying the matter ?

Nah. I don't think your over doing it. I'm far from an expert on all of those positions, but quality depth is important. Guys are getting dinged up

all the time. And when I think of the "high water years" of the franchise, the super bowl years, we had good depth.

is Watkins not playing this year?

Edited by nucci

Nah. I don't think your over doing it. I'm far from an expert on all of those positions, but quality depth is important. Guys are getting dinged up

all the time. And when I think of the "high water years" of the franchise, the super bowl years, we had good depth.

I think one of the lesser spoken of qualities of a good General Manager is adding depth.

And Whaley has put great effort into this. His work on the waiver wire and his small named pick ups shows he/they are always trying improve the roster.

Feel there has been much more activity these last couple years with tire kicking ! thats a good thing right ?

Edited by 3rdand12