Ranking the starting 32 NFL QBs,TT rank is fair!

So far Tyrod has been ranked anywhere from 11 to 30 LOL. But, if you throw out the high and low, you get 14 to 22. Which when you actually do the exercise, is pretty fair. You could have him the high end 14-18, more optimistic; or the low end 19-22, more pessimistic. Last year Denver won with Peyton perhaps being somewhere between 25-32 and an excellent defense. How much does TT need to improve to take us into the playoffs, given our current defense? I would argue that he has at least as much help on offense, and that our defense needs to be a top 10 defense at his current performance level to get us there.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far Tyrod has been ranked anywhere from 11 to 30 LOL. But, if you throw out the high and low, you get 14 to 22. Which when you actually do the exercise, is pretty fair. You could have him the high end 14-18, more optimistic; or the low end 19-22, more pessimistic. Last year Denver won with Peyton perhaps being somewhere between 25-32 and an excellent defense. How much does TT need to improve to take us into the playoffs, given our current defense? I would argue that he has at least as much help on offense, and that our defense needs to be a top 10 defense at his current performance level to get us there.

The level that he played at last year is good enough for the playoffs but not to carry a team to the Super Bowl. The defense really hurt the Bills last year. If they get back to a top 10ish defense and the offense duplicates last year's performance they can be a playoff team. They need to take steps though to be a Super Bowl contender.

The level that he played at last year is good enough for the playoffs but not to carry a team to the Super Bowl. The defense really hurt the Bills last year. If they get back to a top 10ish defense and the offense duplicates last year's performance they can be a playoff team. They need to take steps though to be a Super Bowl contender.

I disagree. They finished 13th offensively last year and 12th in scoring. Coupled with a top 10 defense, that's not just a playoff team, that's a championship contender. Everyone seems to forget just how bad the Broncos were offensively last year.

from what I recall he played poorly down the stretch. Thought he had a decent year though overall.

True my friend, his last 5 games were pretty rough. He was also sacked a lot in the last 5. I think he started to feel the pressure because people were talking about them being in the playoff hunt. In his defense though 4 of those 5 games were against playoff teams. KC twice, Denver, GB, and SD. KC beat him up twice, sacking him 4 times the first game and 6 the second. I still believe he is the future of their franchise and at least in the top 16-20 range. They did a lot to sure up that OL this offseason so we will see. :thumbsup:

I don't get the Bortles love from some people. He was a great fantasy QB last year because they were down by 21 points by the second quarter pretty much every game. Well, with the exception of- never mind. Let's see if he can turn into more of a complete player this year.

I would answer that by saying that whilst he hasn't been as consistent as Carr or Bridgewater, his fellow 2014 draftees, his best games are better than Carr or Bridgewater's best games. He makes more of those challenged tight window throws than either of the other guys, he has a rocket for an arm and is devastating throwing on the move. His completion percentage needs to improve but I think that is a result of exactly what you said... his team is down a lot and he is trying to force throws, but there were signs of that improving down the stretch last year. This year will tell us a lot about him because the Jags have done, on the face of it, a pretty good job of upgrading their defense and have signed a proper left tackle.

I do agree with Chan though.... those ascending young guys - the '14 class, the '15 class plus Tyrod and Kirk Cosuins are a bit pay your money take your choice. I think 3 or 4 of them have the chance to be great.

I disagree. They finished 13th offensively last year and 12th in scoring. Coupled with a top 10 defense, that's not just a playoff team, that's a championship contender. Everyone seems to forget just how bad the Broncos were offensively last year.

They were DOMINANT defensively though.

Brees at 10?!?

today. Tomorrow. 2016. Yes. He has shown weakness in his balls. 2013. He'd shoot up top 5.

I value composure. The ability to carry the game on the shoulder when itatters. And make the difficult throws a qb must.

Newton would be higher if judging on ability to play football solely. He doesn't make the high pressure throws. I'd also have flacco a lot lower on this list and eli near the middle of the pack on that scale. Few qbs can make an impact that newton can on the fame of football. But few can bring it under pressure and make it count like flacco, big Ben, Rodgers and eli

I value composure. The ability to carry the game on the shoulder when itatters. And make the difficult throws a qb must.

Newton would be higher if judging on ability to play football solely. He doesn't make the high pressure throws.

I know a good optometrist, let me know ill get you in.

today. Tomorrow. 2016. Yes. He has shown weakness in his balls. 2013. He'd shoot up top 5.

Newton would be higher if judging on ability to play football solely. He doesn't make the high pressure throws. I'd also have flacco a lot lower on this list and eli near the middle of the pack on that scale. Few qbs can make an impact that newton can on the fame of football. But few can bring it under pressure and make it count like flacco, big Ben, Rodgers and eli

Brees plays with arguably the worst talent in the NFL and they were .500. He threw for 4,870 yards, 32 TDs and 11 INTs!! In fact, he led the league in yards again last year. There isn't a QB list that can be made without him in the top 4 (Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Ben).

Brees has more career yards than Brady and will blow by Marino this year. He already has more passing TDs than Marino and as many as Brady. He's the most under appreciated star of this generation. There is nothing that Joe Flacco or Eli or Matt Ryan or Carson Palmer does as well as Brees.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Brees plays with arguably the worst talent in the NFL and they were .500. He threw for 4,870 yards, 32 TDs and 11 INTs!! In fact, he led the league in yards again last year. There isn't a QB list that can be made without him in the top 4 (Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Ben).

Brees has more career yards than Brady and will blow by Marino this year. He already has more passing TDs than Marino and as many as Brady. He's the most under appreciated star of this generation. There is nothing that Joe Flacco or Eli or Matt Ryan or Carson Palmer does as well as Brees.

noted. i will think it over more. but it's hard to put him as on the rise. eli manning and flacco are underappreciated, as well. eli is also overappreciated, too.

noted. i will think it over more. but it's hard to put him as on the rise. eli manning and flacco are underappreciated, as well. eli is also overappreciated, too.

I wouldn't say on the rise but I think there have been decent arguments that last year was among his best years despite general perception being regression.

Playing injured and with poor receiving talent - he put up a relatively monster year. 4900 yards in 15 games.

Edited by NoSaint

http://thecomeback.com/blog/nfl/ranking-all-32-projected-nfl-starting-quarterbacks-for-2016.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=ranking-all-32-projected-nfl-starting-quarterbacks-for-2016

Not bad list. Brady, Rogers should move up to 1-2. Tyrod is fair at 14, I have him at 11. I think Cousins is too high etc. Enjoy. I welcome your thoughts. It is the off season, and we need to discuss these matter seriously.

My personal list.

Brady

Rogers

Newton

Wilson

Roethlisberger

Romo

Luck

E.Manning

Brees

Rivers

Taylor

Palmer

Dalton

Stafford

Bortles

Ryan

Flacco

A.Smith

Cousins

Carr

Winston

Mariota

Bridgewater

Tannehill

Osweiler

Kapernick

Cutler

Bradford

Griffin

G.Smith

Sanchez

Goff

Taylor above Palmer and Dalton? Don't think you'll find many outside of Buffalo to agree with you there.

Taylor above Palmer and Dalton? Don't think you'll find many outside of Buffalo to agree with you there.

Actually what people inside or outside of Buffalo think is irrelevant to me. There is a plausible argument to be made that he will be better to have than either this year. Which to me is the most important thing! I for one don't believe there is a lot of room for growth with either one of those guys, Taylor is different. He has potential to improve an awful lot this year IMO. Remember, Palmer couldn't get a job not so long ago, and is what 38 years old. I'm just not a Dalton guy, he's Alex Smith to me at best. Those guys will always come up short due to a lack of talent getting the ball down field. JMO

Edited by The Thurmanator

Actually what people inside or outside of Buffalo think is irrelevant to me. There is a plausible argument to be made that he will be better to have than either this year. Which to me is the most important thing! I for one don't believe there is a lot of room for growth with either one of those guys, Taylor is different. He has potential to improve an awful lot this year IMO. Remember, Palmer couldn't get a job not so long ago, and is what 38 years old. I'm just not a Dalton guy, he's Alex Smith to me at best. Those guys will always come up short due to a lack of talent getting the ball down field. JMO

He's been in the league for 6 years. How much better can he get? And getting the ball downfield is cute and all ... If you can execute with a shortened field. Unfortunately, Tyrod has done nothing but prove he can't do that. To compare him to Palmer and Dalton is silly.