2016 NFL Top 100 - will any Bills make it?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Top 100 Players of 2016': No. 97 Richie Incognito (2:34)

Buffalo Bills offensive guard Richie Incognito is voted the 97th-best player in the NFL by his peers on "Top 100 Players of 2016."

'Top 100 Players of 2016': No. 96 Sammy Watkins (3:12)

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins is voted the 96th-best player in the NFL by his peers on "Top 100 Players of 2016."

Incognito, Watkins first Bills to appear on NFL's Top 100

richie-sammy-top-100.jpg

Richie Incognito and Sammy Watkins were the first two Bills players to appear on this year's NFL's Top 100 Players list for 2016.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Sammy is destined for "great" things. I really hope, at the end of his career, he's known as a Buffalo Bill. That said, he doesn't get the respect, nor the recognition he would receive from a large market (or a team with a proven QB). We all hope, Tyrod will be his Jim Kelly....If not, Sammy will move on to a bigger stage.

So the next two to go higher than Sammy are mike Daniels and Gary Barnidge. Riiiiiight. Sammy should be top 50 at least

I agree when comparing them, but given how unceremoniously Sammy's season began, I get the ranking.

Can we keep a running list in the OP please?

Sammy is destined for "great" things. I really hope, at the end of his career, he's known as a Buffalo Bill. That said, he doesn't get the respect, nor the recognition he would receive from a large market (or a team with a proven QB). We all hope, Tyrod will be his Jim Kelly....If not, Sammy will move on to a bigger stage.

His first year with Tyrod ended very well. As long as he stays healthy and they start making the playoffs, I think he'll become a household name.

Where is 4merper4mer when we need him?

I will reserve judgment until I see where Matt Hasselbeck ends up. Clearly he was better than Luck as the WL improved drastically when MH came in. This thing probably just skews to QBs.

Regarding Sammy: if given the choice is there a single GM that would add Barnidge to their team if given the option between him and Sammy? This whole thing is dumb.

I will reserve judgment until I see where Matt Hasselbeck ends up. Clearly he was better than Luck as the WL improved drastically when MH came in. This thing probably just skews to QBs.

Regarding Sammy: if given the choice is there a single GM that would add Barnidge to their team if given the option between him and Sammy? This whole thing is dumb.

To take it. Step further and you polled every NFL player and said, "you can have Barnidge or Watkins on your team, choose 1" what would the results be? I'd venture to say (conservatively) 75% would pick Watkins. They are the ones that voted, which is why I don't totally understand it. Edited by Kirby Jackson

To take it. Step further and you polled every NFL player and said, "you can have Barnidge or Watkins on your team, choose 1" what would the results be. I'd venture to say (conservatively) 75% would pick Watkins. They are the ones that voted, which is why I don't totally understand it.

I could see some players picking 1-2 guys from each position. Barnidge would get a higher percentage of the TE vote than Sammy got of the WR vote simply because of numbers. Still screwy but I could see that happening.