2016 NFL Top 100 - will any Bills make it?

To take it. Step further and you polled every NFL player and said, "you can have Barnidge or Watkins on your team, choose 1" what would the results be? I'd venture to say (conservatively) 75% would pick Watkins. They are the ones that voted, which is why I don't totally understand it.

I don't think the players vote on all 100, as I recall. I believe the players only vote on the top-25 or something, can't remember specifically but they are given 25 and told to rank them. I think NFLN picks the other 75.

ahh found it:

To vote, each player lists only his top 20 players in the league. The player listed at No. 1 gets 20 points, the player listed at No. 2 gets 19 points, and the process continues until the player listed at No. 20 gets one point.

So basically players are asked to rank their top 20 players, out of thin air. I would guess then that the other 80 players are based on being occasionally picked as a top 20 player and getting points. They then probably can just rank them based on points, I'm guessing? Although, they don't get a big turn out of players voting and they also ask players to do this in the middle of the season, instead of after its over.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His first year with Tyrod ended very well. As long as he stays healthy and they start making the playoffs, I think he'll become a household name.

Yes! Bills making the playoffs would help greatly....Because Sammy as a kid, playing with the Bills on Madden is only going to keep him in Buffalo for so long. We all know Mr. Pegula will open an oil field for Sammy.

Yes! Bills making the playoffs would help greatly....Because Sammy as a kid, playing with the Bills on Madden is only going to keep him in Buffalo for so long. We all know Mr. Pegula will open an oil field for Sammy.

He's not going anywhere. He will be tagged multiple times if necessary. The negotiations may get a little contentious but it will all work out.

If Whaley is still here when it comes time to extend Sammy's Watkins, rest assured there is a Brinks truck earmarked for him. He's not a FA until 2019 due his 5th year option eligibility.

sammy will need a brinks truck with or without whaley

by then sammy will be a perennial pro bowler (2017 & 2018)

PFF Ranks Darby & Watkins in Their Top 100

The NFL Network apparently isn’t the only outlet doing a top 100 NFL player list. Pro Football Focus is doing their based on their film review from the 2016. Their findings have Sammy Watkins and Ronald Darby ranked in the first release of ranked players from 100-76.

Watkins was ranked 95th overall while Darby checked in with a ranking of 82. Here was their breakdown as to why each Bills player wound up where they did.

@NFLMedia

Teams represented on Top 100 ranked No. 90-81: @nyjets @Jaguars @steelers @Patriots @Panthers @Redskins @Chiefs @Titans

Some guesses: Allen Robinson, Revis, Edelman, Alex Smith, Jurrell Casey or Delanie Walker, Kawann Short, Trent Williams and David DeCastro

It looks like 1 of these teams may have 2 so I will use my Titans prediction for both. I also changed Hali to Alex Smith.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Some guesses: Allen Robinson, Revis, Edelman, Hali, Jurell Casey or Delanie Walker, Kawann Short, Trent Williams and David DeCastro

It looks like 1 of these teams may have 2 so I will use my Titans prediction for both.

i agree most of those are solid possibilities for this round. I think Revis may be higher so I'll guess Eric Decker for Jets.

i agree most of those are solid possibilities for this round. I think Revis may be higher so I'll guess Eric Decker for Jets.

I can't see Decker on the list ahead of Watkins and Landry. Brandon Marshall maybe, but I am thinking he's a little higher. Wilkerson was my other thought but he also should be higher.

It crossed my mind, this board will EXPLODE.

Or implode KJ. I actually think it would be pretty funny. He did break every Jets QB record last year. As much as I was happy to see him leave Buffalo, I always liked the guy personally and hope he gets his contract. I also when not playing the Bills hope he has a nice career for the next two years as long as that doesn't preclude us from the playoffs.

Even with the Pats without Brady, it's jus hard to imagine the team that won the AFCE 13 of the last 15 years doesn't do it again.

@RyanTalbotBills

Richie Incognito came in at No. 31 on Pro Football Focus' Top 101 players of 2015 http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1669200-richie-incognito-no-31-pff-top-101-list

@PFF

After a year out of the game, @buffalobills G Richie Incognito earned an overall PFF grade of 90.0, the second-best mark among NFL guards.