Cordy's Glenn extended

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt look like a lot of savings....but it looks like it is structured with Sammy Watkins deal looming

Agreed and it seems like a sound plan, though I still want to see the structure before I totally weigh in. Why save cap money this year (when the roster is already close to filled) or next year (when they had 50 million + in space not counting this extension)? Seems like smart cap management to take the hit this year and next and give yourself flexibility down the line. Especially, as you point out, with #14's second contract getting closer.

This wasn't a deal to free up cap now...it is forward thinking. Well done, OBD.

It's a helluva lot better than a $13M+ cap hit.

Actually, that's what it still is. I think there will be modest savings next year.

Can anyone tell me what a Cordy's Glenn is?

I'm pretty sure it's a little valley somewhere in WNY (near OP, I assume), that they're going to make a little longer. Named after old man Cordy, I believe...

Might I add - Ammmmmmmmerica, Ammmmmmmmerica!! :beer:

Well done OBD on both Cordy and Cordy's!!

This wasn't a deal to free up cap now...it is forward thinking. Well done, OBD.

Actually, that's what it still is. I think there will be modest savings next year.

The guaranteed money spread out over 5 years should lower the cap hit this season.

Stephon's Gilmore just reacted

:D

I hope this is a trend that continues on TBD.

I suppose "Stephon's Gilmore" is too long for the back of a custom jersey?

That's not the guaranteed money.

Right but it sounds like the next few years have a whole bunch guaranteed.

If we shifted some cap hit into year 2-3 instead of 1, it doesn't make much difference unless we spend extra this year was all I was saying.

Right but it sounds like the next few years have a whole bunch guaranteed.

If we shifted some cap hit into year 2-3 instead of 1, it doesn't make much difference unless we spend extra this year was all I was saying.

Doesn't mean he'll see all of that.