[closed]Humble Request Based on Comparisons to Past #1's

Ennjay

I like the Shaq Lawson pick and I think Whaley knows what he's doing. However, I haven't seen a lot of Clemson and when I did I didn't focus on him. I also saw the ESPN (cheap shot?) video last night of Lawson getting owned by Stanley.

I know he's a lot bigger, but especially since they (whoever "they" are) say they want him to lose weight: someone who knows, please tell me he's not Aaron Maybin.

Or for that matter Erik Flowers.

Aaron Maybin was built like a toothpick. If anything, Floyd from Georgia could be an Aaron Maybin. At worst, Shaq is going to set the edge and be an OK player. At best, he's going to learn a few more finesse moves (Hughes is the king of those and can teach him) and he will be a solid edge rusher. Not a Super high ceiling and not a big drop off from what they need from him. Hes going to be a consistent starter

Rest assured that he will actually try hard every play. He won't stand there and play pattycake like Mario did

It's funny how each network reacted. I watched NFL Network and they were very high on the player.

Espn is all hot takes and cheap shots. NFL net doesn't resort to parlor tricks.

The difference is this is the NFL's own product, so of course they will err on being supportive instead of negative on any player.

ESPN's only product is the BS their "experts" spew, so of course it will be nothing but click bait.

Espn is all hot takes and cheap shots. NFL net doesn't resort to parlor tricks.

they seemed to have a pretty standard and prepped package of guy 1) positive, guy 2) positive, guy 3) neg hard.

any player you get in the teens isnt some generational talent with no flaws -- lawson is a very good player

Shaq is disruptive and makes plays behind the los. He had 25.5 tfl's last year leading the nation. That's a HUGE number. He's good with his hands, gets good leverage, and has an excellent closing burst to get to the ball carrier. Good pick.

It's funny how each network reacted. I watched NFL Network and they were very high on the player.

I was going to post the same thing.

I watch NFL Network and recorded the ESPN and on NFLN, you would think we got the steal of the round.

Then I went back and watched the ESPN coverage and you would think we drafted a guy with a 3rd round grade

Then I remember its Jon Gruden and what does he know about DE's

CBF