Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

It's exactly what he did to us. His principles told him to be a backup on another team for less money. I see him doing the same thing again.

I respect that about him a lot.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Their offer—three years, with $12 million payable in the first year, plus reports of $6 million in each of the two years afterward, with NFL Media's Ian Rapoport adding that $15 million is to be guaranteed"

Is this reasonable? Great $15 guarenteed. But what if he wants to play in 2017 or even 2018? He would be signing away 3 years of football for $24 million. Who knows if he would actually play til 2018, but it seems like it would restrict him if he were to sign this contract. Edit: And by restrict him, I mean practically confirm this will be his last year. Why play for $6 million a year after 2016 when Brock Osweiler is making $18 million a year.

I may be bias in not wanting him to sign though haha.

Edited by What a Tuel

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-reportedly-fretting-ryan-fitzpatrick-will-take-less-money-elsewhere-out-of-spite/

Reporter speculates on teams Fitz may sign as backup just to spite Jets:

1. Patriots* - to have QB for 4 games

2. Bills - to not worry about having EJ as backup (EJ gets paid either way, no speculation on what Bills do with 4 QBs)

3. Broncos - Replacing a "injured Mark Sanchez" (since when?)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-reportedly-fretting-ryan-fitzpatrick-will-take-less-money-elsewhere-out-of-spite/

2. Bills - to not worry about having EJ as backup (EJ gets paid either way, no speculation on what Bills do with 4 QBs)

I would take him as a Bills backup.

I would take him as a Bills backup.

Do not think it is realistic despite Fitz having a lot of friends locally due to EJ Manuel having a guaranteed contract, bad blood from how he was embarrassed in phone "prank" (others would call it a crime) and lack of cap space.

Sanchez had thumb surgery I think but should be ok for camp

And the Jets have the leverage here? I still don't see it. Fitzy holds all the cards IMO, as I have clearly stated before. Oh and Fitz won't sign for less to spite the Jets.

Edited by iinii

'Their offer—three years, with $12 million payable in the first year, plus reports of $6 million in each of the two years afterward, with NFL Media's Ian Rapoport [/size]adding that $15 million is to be guaranteed"[/size]

Is this reasonable? Great $15 guarenteed. But what if he wants to play in 2017 or even 2018? He would be signing away 3 years of football for $24 million. Who knows if he would actually play til 2018, but it seems like it would restrict him if he were to sign this contract. Edit: And by restrict him, I mean practically confirm this will be his last year. Why play for $6 million a year after 2016 when Brock Osweiler is making $18 million a year.

I may be bias in not wanting him to sign though haha.

I think the problem is he can make more money but the incentives are higher then Fitz can achieve

Do not think it is realistic despite Fitz having a lot of friends locally due to EJ Manuel having a guaranteed contract, bad blood from how he was embarrassed in phone "prank" (others would call it a crime) and lack of cap space.

Bad blood from people who are no longer associated with the Bills. EJ Manuel's small cap hit isn't enough to keep a bad backup over a better one.

I was listening to WFAN this morning and they were still verklempt over the Bills game, calling it a loss to a team of backups with nothing to play for and a "below average at best" QB. The statement on Taylor was a little surprising.

I was listening to WFAN this morning and they were still verklempt over the Bills game, calling it a loss to a team of backups with nothing to play for and a "below average at best" QB. The statement on Taylor was a little surprising.

Until the country sees him playing and playing well in a playoff game, that is going to be the general consensus outside WNY.

Until the country sees him playing and playing well in a playoff game, that is going to be the general consensus outside WNY.

actually, I have not found that to be the general consensus about Taylor. That was why the comment surprised me. What I hear the most from a national perspective or from other fan bases is "omg why haven't they paid him yet." Edited by YoloinOhio

I think it's until the country sees the Bills as a team playing well and making the playoffs they won't care to take a closer look at the talent of our players. That jab at Tyrod just seems like bitterness though. They hope we don't find a QB before they do, just like we hope Hackenberg sucks it up for them.