Fitz calls his shot -Update Signed w/Jets

If one considers Fitz to be Jets starting QB then Jests should pay him so.

12 mil is not starter money. Regardless of our opinions of his skill set or limitations.

Also i think folks are confused as why he left the Bills.

It was because of Nix's call.

Fitz would have been starting for the Bills EJM first year IMO.

mexican standoff. as mentioned above.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be surprised if the Jets won more than 8 games. Their schedule is much tougher than last year.

And Flynn's deal averaged just $7M/year. Fitz is looking for twice that amount.

I will ask for the third time. What is the opportunity cost?

Fitz is probably twice the QB.

Fitz CAN throw deep and did so last year but it is NOT his specialty; Falsifying information does not aid in discussions.

Jest play in NJ not NY - taxes are based on NJ tax rate not NY.

That means that Jason Pierre Paul and Eli Manning (the top two earners on the Giants for 2015) pay a “mere” 46.6% of their NFL income in taxes, instead of the over 50% rate they would pay in NYC. (Note: Our analysis was done before JPP’s newest and smaller contract.)

so if he signs for $12 million he pockets 6.5. I am even more convinced he isn't that hungry. Latrell Sprewell might be.

Fitz is probably twice the QB.

Not sure what the opportunity cost is. Depends on how much he's asking for, cap hit, and what player(s) they need to cut restructure.

Not sure what the opportunity cost is. Depends on how much he's asking for, cap hit, and what player(s) they need to cut restructure.

Who could it be? Who is so important to keep that they'd be willing to lose 12 games?

Edited by FireChan

Who could it be? Who is so important to keep that they'd be willing to lose 12 games?

12 games? LOL!

BTW, Geno went 8-8 with a far worse offense around him his rookie year.

The cost alone is the issue. Fitz certainly isn't looking for a 1-year deal, he wants 3 years at minimum and probably structured in a way that makes it very, very difficult for the Jets to walk away from. And if you are going to commit to Fitz for 3 years, you have to commit to Gailey for that long as well - they pretty much come as a package deal. Can you tell your fans the team is trying to win a Superbowl with Fitz as the QB for the next 3 years? Who would buy that?

12 games? LOL!

BTW, Geno went 8-8 with a far worse offense around him his rookie year.

Which was considered a miracle, Doc. And Geno has only been worse.

The cost alone is the issue. Fitz certainly isn't looking for a 1-year deal, he wants 3 years at minimum and probably structured in a way that makes it very, very difficult for the Jets to walk away from. And if you are going to commit to Fitz for 3 years, you have to commit to Gailey for that long as well - they pretty much come as a package deal. Can you tell your fans the team is trying to win a Superbowl with Fitz as the QB for the next 3 years? Who would buy that?

Can you tell them you're trying to win an SB with Geno and co? So what's the difference? Besides, you know, winning 10 games instead of 4.

Which was considered a miracle, Doc. And Geno has only been worse.

Can you tell them you're trying to win an SB with Geno and co? So what's the difference? Besides, you know, winning 10 games instead of 4.

Why such a fitzboner? You hate every other player in the league but fitz gets love ?

6 win difference w ragarm at the helm ? Defense and run game playa.

Either way, they're not in the playoffs, so what is really the difference? Besides, of course, all the money allocated to Fitz. And I don't think the difference between the two is 6 wins. For someone with the name "FireChan," you sure seem to have taken a liking to him.

Either way, they're not in the playoffs, so what is really the difference? Besides, of course, all the money allocated to Fitz. And I don't think the difference between the two is 6 wins. For someone with the name "FireChan," you sure seem to have taken a liking to him.

They have a much better chance making the playoffs with 10 wins and Fitz.

Yeah that was the argument I got when I pointed out that his inaccuracy deep was going to allow defenders to move closer to the LOS and take away Chan's horizontal, short passing offense.

And that's what happened.....and the guy that first pinched Fitz off was actually Rex Ryan in a mid-season game when the Jets came to Buffalo and manhandled a Bills team that had gotten off to a hot start in Chan year 2.

But he hurled a hot air balloon to Terrell Owens once for a TD two seasons before that! :lol:

That's funny. You lose 55-0 and your first reaction is the QB sucks.

the qb did suck. Think they followed up the 55 point loss with a 45 point loss iirc

Stop confusing their rants with facts - it is unfair.

One deep ball congrats. What about the ints vs the Giants everytime he tried to make simple deep throws to wide open SJ ?

He's a bum, always.

the qb did suck. Think they followed up the 55 point loss with a 45 point loss iirc

One deep ball congrats. What about the ints vs the Giants everytime he tried to make simple deep throws to wide open SJ ?

He's a bum, always.

OK, how about this one?

He was is and always will be a more viable starter than EJ. Period. Play the best players you can.

He is better than EJ. No doubt. However, Fitz and Kevin Kolb, who was the QB brought in to start for the team, are in the same ballpark talent wise. Kolb's injuries put EJ on the field sooner than the Bills wanted him to be. Kolb was Fitz's real replacement. And at this point, who cares? It's Tyrod's team now. And Fitz still isn't worth what he supposedly is asking for.

He is better than EJ. No doubt. However, Fitz and Kevin Kolb, who was the QB brought in to start for the team, are in the same ballpark talent wise. Kolb's injuries put EJ on the field sooner than the Bills wanted him to be. Kolb was Fitz's real replacement. And at this point, who cares? It's Tyrod's team now. And Fitz still isn't worth what he supposedly is asking for.

I care because there are folks who are acting like parting ways with Fitz made the Bills better. Which it didn't.

Fitz is leagues above Kolb. Ya'll are biased because he was a Bills QB on a losing team. They aren't even close.

Edited by FireChan