JW sez Bills going D with first pick

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the probability that Mario & Bradham are on this team in 2016 even if Rex wasn't here?

Average to above? I don't think we pay McCoy and clay without Rex (and Roman).

If we promote Schwartz I think the defense is kept together generally (but once you start swapping pieces- who knows.... Darby likely isn't here but do we need him? Or is a pick like him more likely in order to help let Gilmore walk to keep the 4 together?)

If we promote Schwartz I think the defense is kept together generally (but once you start swapping pieces- who knows.... Darby likely isn't here but do we need him? Or is a pick like him more likely in order to help let Gilmore walk to keep the 4 together?)

Darby would've had to still be here because Leodis was on IR heading into the season. Hard to speculate how Schwartz's D would've performed without a second CB. Without Roman its also harder to speculate how the offense would've performed. Do we even get Tyrod without Rex or Roman? Do we start the season with EJ or Cassel?

I can't wait til we can stop speculating about the season that was, and start speculating on the season to come. This team has a lot of talent, and the holes can be filled via THIS draft (probably not others) if the cards fall our way (if 4 QBs go before 19).

Mario almost certainly gone. They could have kept Bradham.

Also note that Kyle and Dareus will be playing out of position this year.....again. We'll need reinforcements there too.

Preston Brown does not know astrophysics so he is out.

Aaron Williams injury needs to be accounted for as well....this is not Rex's doing...there is no blame for that one but it is still a need.

We have as many defensive holes as we have picks. We had better hope Whaley can work some OL magic later in the draft and UDFA, if only for depth, and that the skill guys stay healthy.

What is the probably that TT is on our team in 2016 without Rex?

Such a bummer.

With a pre-rex defense we could have drafted a right tackle, which I feel is our only real glaring weakness in terms of talent.

Wait, Mario's contract and the salary he's demanding (10m$) means he'd be gone regardless. The guy is a loser, we will be such a better D with a young talent in there with work ethic and drive.

So we'd be drafting a pass rusher regardless of who the head coach is.

Before you slam Rex, go re watch 2nd patriots game last year and tell me he and dennis thurman didnt game plan and call an awesome game.

All you anti Rex people forget how strong we finished on D despite no Kyle and Mario half assing his way through the games.

Wait, Mario's contract and the salary he's demanding (10m$) means he'd be gone regardless. The guy is a loser, we will be such a better D with a young talent in there with work ethic and drive.

So we'd be drafting a pass rusher regardless of who the head coach is.

Before you slam Rex, go re watch 2nd patriots game last year and tell me he and dennis thurman didnt game plan and call an awesome game.

All you anti Rex people forget how strong we finished on D despite no Kyle and Mario half assing his way through the games.

21 points in 3 drives vs Redskins in a do or die game strong?

What is the probably that TT is on our team in 2016 without Rex?

90-10. Who wouldn't keep a starter who has shown he can take a team on his back and win a game? Not to mention, the cast around him remains the same? Who do you replace him with? Groomed in Baltimore under Flacco(part of a trade down). One year under his belt. Who doesn't keep him, unless you are talking about trading and then all bets are off.

Not picking on you in particular, but I continue to find it curious that some folks view the 2014 Bills' D as the second coming of the '85 Bears. That Buffalo D racked up big numbers against crappy teams and QBs, and failed consistently when it really mattered -- the lone exception being the Green Bay game. In that game, interestingly, it was the secondary that really played lights out.

Defense would have needed to be the focus of this draft with or without Rex.

I asked this earlier and got no response, outside of the 3rd and forever against Oakland, when did the defense "fail consistently when it really mattered" in 2014?

They had zero drive stops in the second half of the 1st Pats* game and broke down in the end of KC & Dolphins games. An elite defense would have made the difference in at least 2 of those 3 games, which would have put them in the playoffs.

Again, it's not to claim that the 2014 defense was worse than the 2015 unit. Not even close. But the '14 unit wasn't elite.

They had zero drive stops in the second half of the 1st Pats* game and broke down in the end of KC & Dolphins games. An elite defense would have made the difference in at least 2 of those 3 games, which would have put them in the playoffs.

Again, it's not to claim that the 2014 defense was worse than the 2015 unit. Not even close. But the '14 unit wasn't elite.

but those were only the 4 most important games of the season that swung our playoff fate! Those NFC wins were just as import...Oh Edited by YoloinOhio

90-10. Who wouldn't keep a starter who has shown he can take a team on his back and win a game? Not to mention, the cast around him remains the same? Who do you replace him with? Groomed in Baltimore under Flacco(part of a trade down). One year under his belt. Who doesn't keep him, unless you are talking about trading and then all bets are off.

I think he didn't state his point well (or maybe I'm misunderstanding). I think he is saying that he thinks TT would not have been here last year (or in 2016) without Rex. Hard to say how much Roman value him.

Thank you. And before anyone else "goes there" let me reiterate, once again, that I'm not suggesting Rex did a good job with the D last season.

I missed it the first few times with Nkemdiche; I saw it this time:

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/robert-nkemdiche-vs-alabama-2015/

Still very concerned about the immaturity issues, but wow...double teamed the whole game against a center that's a possible top-20 pick, and he was a wrecking ball out there.

Imagine trying to double him with Dareus on the field...

I don't think anyone views the 2014 defense as the second coming of the 85 Bears. It was a good defense that was turned to ****. Trying to conflate the argument from "elite vs not elite" is a waste of everyone's time.

Edited by FireChan

I think he didn't state his point well (or maybe I'm misunderstanding). I think he is saying that he thinks TT would not have been here last year (or in 2016) without Rex. Hard to say how much Roman value him.

woulda started Cassel without Rex and tyrod

I don't think anyone views the 2014 defense as the second coming of the 85 Bears. It was a good defense that was turned to ****. Trying to conflate the argument from "elite vs not elite" is a waste of everyone's time.

It was fun to watch at times. LBs were a weakness then too

Edited by 3rdand12

I missed it the first few times with Nkemdiche; I saw it this time:

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/robert-nkemdiche-vs-alabama-2015/

Still very concerned about the immaturity issues, but wow...double teamed the whole game against a center that's a possible top-20 pick, and he was a wrecking ball out there.

Imagine trying to double him with Dareus on the field...

If he falls out of the first, you gotta get him. I don't think there's ever a no-brainer pick more than 1st round talent in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Not when the argument was brought up that defense wouldn't have been a priority in the '16 draft.

If he falls out of the first, you gotta get him. I don't think there's ever a no-brainer pick more than 1st round talent in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

I'd even contemplate him in a trade-down scenario. He has what cannot be taught; hopefully he doesn't have too much of what can't be fixed.