Myles Jack Could Slide Down in the Draft

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're basing this on what? The only other player I've seen with a chondral defect was Danny Trevathan, and he was great last year.

I found this article that was interesting but he didn't go into details. Also Trevathan got an entirely new knee cap after playing 3 games the year prior.

I won't claim to be an expert on any of this stuff but it scares me. If we know going in that Injuries will be an issue that has to weigh heavily into the decision making process. It isn't a question of if it will effect Jack just when. Hopefully it is after a long and productive career (if he gets drafted by the Bills). It is simply a huge red flag for me and one that is big enough I don't like the idea of a trade up. If he is sitting there at 19 I wouldn't be upset. Moving up in this very deep draft at our needs would not be my favorite scenario.

@therealtrizzo

Hearing Miami, Buffalo, Jets and Titans have all called the Browns about #8 pick.

This won't be popular but if we blow next years first to move up into the top ten that really would cement the theory that we should have blown the last two games of the season when we were out of contention.

People saying the only way they give up next year's 1st to move to 8 is for a QB seem to forget what Whaley did 2 years ago. It would only slightly surprise me if they moved up to 8 for Myles Jack. Leroi said he is their #1 guy months ago. I think he goes to Jax at 5 anyway but...

It would actually surprise me more if they moved up for Lynch. I just don't think this regime is thinking that long-term.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@therealtrizzo

Hearing Miami, Buffalo, Jets and Titans have all called the Browns about #8 pick.

This is what I'm talking about. If Jack makes it to 8, the Browns are ready to make a deal. They want to slide back to take Lynch or Cook and acquire more picks - he's ours if we want him.

Also, why are folks listening to a guy who calls himself "Beef Jerky"?

Why would I listen to Coach Tuesday on a Wednesday?

And I'll add this: two years in a row, Whaley has landed the premier player at a premium position, which is even more impressive given that he didn't have a first round pick last year. If he lands Jack this year, it'll be pretty freakin' awesome.

I found this article that was interesting but he didn't go into details. Also Trevathan got an entirely new knee cap after playing 3 games the year prior.

I won't claim to be an expert on any of this stuff but it scares me. If we know going in that Injuries will be an issue that has to weigh heavily into the decision making process. It isn't a question of if it will effect Jack just when. Hopefully it is after a long and productive career (if he gets drafted by the Bills). It is simply a huge red flag for me and one that is big enough I don't like the idea of a trade up. If he is sitting there at 19 I wouldn't be upset. Moving up in this very deep draft at our needs would not be my favorite scenario.

Monday Morning M.D. (MMMD) - never saw this before. A former team physician writing a regular column focused on NFL injuries.

Apparently, he makes predictions about player recoveries.

Good find.

Edited by hondo in seattle

And I'll add this: two years in a row, Whaley has landed the premier player at a premium position, which is even more impressive given that he didn't have a first round pick last year. If he lands Jack this year, it'll be pretty freakin' awesome.

If they trade up, it'll be about 2am here. I think I can get away with public nudity if it happens.

Myles is my #1 player in this class. If we get him, I'll go nuts.

This is how hearts get broken.

My heart will be broken regardless whenever Myles goes off the board--he's the belle of the ball.

If they trade up, it'll be about 2am here. I think I can get away with public nudity if it happens.

Myles is my #1 player in this class. If we get him, I'll go nuts.

^ this

I remember the Bills taking Willis McGahee.....didnt play the first year........and, not enough attention paid to other factors regarding his draftablity. For example, McGahee never learned the play book....had to be signaled by the RB coach each play from the sidelines to know what to do. In his case, he was undraftable because of his mental capability. A clean miss on the Bills part. Ultimately, his physical tools returned to some extent, and he had a decent and fairly long NFL career. But, he was never a game changer that his #1 draft pick status should have indicated. My view, stay away from damaged goods guys....they might make it partway back....McGahee made it 90% back...and that was good enough to play. But, at 80% back , he would have been a wash out.

My heart will be broken regardless whenever Myles goes off the board--he's the belle of the ball.

^ this

Nightmare scenario - Myles falls to 19, Bills draft Hackenberg instead.

I'd have to become a fan of another AFCE team just so I could keep on hating the Bills. :lol: