Draft Time - Who would you love, hate, and expect

Virgil

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the anti-Ragland group. He is near his ceiling now and is a little limited athletically IMO. I watch a lot of SEC football down here in Louisiana and his team was loaded. He plays downhill and is a thumper but he played behind some great DL. If he were the pick I would expect him to be a solid starter. I don't think that he is a disaster or anything. I just don't get excited about solid starter in the 1st.

Ragland's the kind of guy I hate at #19 but like at #49...If that makes any sense... B-)

Capaccio said these three shouldn't be unexpected in 1st --

Karl Joseph

Taylor Decker

Josh Doctson

http://www.wgr550.com/Don-t-be-surprised-if-the-Bills-take-one-of-these-/22696994

Love Sal...But I want to choke him for this...Really...I could not hate a group of three players any more than those three if you're talking about #19...

Good grief... B-)

I love Robert Nkemdiche because of his ability to control the LOS.

I hate Robert Nkemdiche because of his questionable effort and off field issues.

I expect the Bills to draft Robert Nkemdiche because Rex will make headlines & Rex lives for headlines.

I have a feeling it's going to be Chris Jones. Versatile defensive linemen fits Rex's MO and our team needs.

I would love it if we didn't have to give up much to move up and get one of the blue chip guys. I'd also love it if we were able to sell our pick to someone who wanted Lynch and picked up an extra 2nd or early 3rd.

I would hate it if we look at corner as I think that signals goodbye to Gilmore.

If the rumors are true and the Bills take one of these bum ”project” QB's at 19 then I think the website will crash. That would be worst case.

Best case, Myles Jack falls to us or one of the other top players. We need a lot of help on defense.

What I think will happen is they will take a player at a position we don't need as much help at which they seem to do time and time again. So it will probably be a DT, WR, CB, or *gasp* RB

I am in the anti-Ragland group. He is near his ceiling now and is a little limited athletically IMO. I watch a lot of SEC football down here in Louisiana and his team was loaded. He plays downhill and is a thumper but he played behind some great DL. If he were the pick I would expect him to be a solid starter. I don't think that he is a disaster or anything. I just don't get excited about solid starter in the 1st.

Thays the Alabama way. They are always loaded and they still come out and most times don't do much on the pro level. Im not a big fan of anyone from that school.

I've seen him play 10+ games. That's how I have formed MY opinion.

Thats the only way to do it. Honestly

my own opinion mostly, but some draft "experts" don't even have him as the top WR in this draft.

I would wait for Docton Wilson or Cooper. Can be had later in the draft.

I hate Robert Nkemdiche because of his questionable effort and off field issues.

I expect the Bills to draft Robert Nkemdiche because Rex will make headlines & Rex lives for headlines.

Great answer. If he decided to play ball. Im "all in"

Ragland's the kind of guy I hate at #19 but like at #49...If that makes any sense... B-)

Love Sal...But I want to choke him for this...Really...I could not hate a group of three players any more than those three if you're talking about #19...

Good grief... B-)

This is how i am thinking about quite a few players, including Treadwell. Give me some more 2 -3 round picks and i can deal.

BTW i am going to keep liking Ragland and would love to have him as a Bill. Maybe at 31 though

This is awesome. But at the same time, who couldn't hurt Goodwin? I think my wife could knock him out of a game just by tripping him

And regardless of how capable he is of injuring people it's his injury that is the main concern right now... B-)

He may be the most athletically gifted of this very good D-line crop...But all the athleticism in the world does not help when you're on the ground as much as Nkemdiche is...

I don't know...I'm just not a huge fan...He unquestionably has the ability...But he's going to need some serious work on fundamentals...Then there's the off-the-field stuff...

And I don't see him as a player who controls the line of scrimmage at all...To me he's more of an athlete...I see him always trying to beat the block with athleticism and having mixed results...When he's good he's VERY good...And when he's bad he's on the ground...To me he's not as much a stalemate guy as he is a penetrating DT...Which is not bad in itself...The problem is Nkemdiche has wild inconsistency while playing his game... B-)

Well, the rest of us are clamoring for him! B-)

I see it everywhere, "They must draft Karl Joseph!"

:lol:

Edited by KOKBILLS

This is not dependent on round. Love: Myles Jack. Jonathan Bullard, Kenny Clark, Josh Dotson, Sterling Shepard, Malcolm Mitchell, Graham Glasgow. Really like: Paxton Lynch, Brandon Allen (for a back-up), Kenyan Drake, Tyler Boyd, Keyarris Garrett, Devon Cajuste, Ryan Kelly, Chris Jones, Su'a Cravens, Juston Burris. MEH: Laquon Treadwell, Sheldon Rankins, Vernon Butler, Kevin Dodd,

Don't Like: Cardale Jones, Christian Hackenberg, Will Fuller, Michael Thomas, Germain Ifedi, Le'Raven Clark, Emmanuel Ogbah, Leonard Floyd, and last and most definitely least: Sean Davis

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

This is not dependent on round. Love: Myles Jack. Jonathan Bullard, Kenny Clark, Josh Dotson, Sterling Shepard, Malcolm Mitchell, Graham Glasgow. Really like: Paxton Lynch, Brandon Allen (for a back-up), Kenyan Drake, Tyler Boyd, Keyarris Garrett, Devon Cajuste, Ryan Kelly, Chris Jones, Su'a Cravens, Juston Burris. MEH: Laquon Treadwell, Sheldon Rankins, Vernon Butler, Kevin Dodd,

Don't Like: Cardale Jones, Christian Hackenberg, Will Fuller, Michael Thomas, Germain Ifedi, Le'Raven Clark, Emmanuel Ogbah, Leonard Floyd, and last and most definitely least: Sean Davis

why no Sean Davis

You have a complicated life : )

These stories on Ragland make the "he's too unathletic" label seem like a full blown myth which clearly only got bigger over time through the pre-draft echo chamber...

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/2016-senior-bowl-alabama-lb-reggie-ragland-blows-by-competition-in-first-practice

http://collegespun.com/national/former-alabama-lb-reggie-ragland-showing-out-at-senior-bowl-practices

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/20639/alabamas-reggie-ragland-jarran-reed-flaunt-versatility-at-senior-bowl

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/insider/story/_/id/14661967/alabama-lb-reggie-ragland-stands-mobile-nfl-draft

My favorite line...

"Overheard behind me: "Ragland looks like a grown-ass man playing against 3-year olds out here." #Alabama #SeniorBowl"

IMO from watching Ragland's highlight videos, he plays like he's a heat seeking missile. I hope that fans here don't get overly upset if he's the pick. I get the feeling that over the months after the college season ends, there's just so much talk and picking apart of some of these guys that it sometimes leads to warped opinions of a player's abilities like Ragland.

The issue most have with Ragland is his coverage skills. Is he a physical presence I between the tackles? No doubt, can he rush the passer? Yes he can. The reason the articles don't mention coverage skills is its highly questionable as a skill set of his and limits his worth. Personally, if he fell into the second round a la Landon Collins last year I wouldn't mind so much making a move up to get him as IMO that is his value in the NFL today, early 2nd/late 1st depending on the team. Aside from playing different positions Collins and Raglands skill sets are relatively speaking the same. His movement skills forward are much better than backwards.