Corbin Bryant signs RFA tender

@Mike Rodak

Bills defensive lineman Corbin Bryant has signed his one-year restricted free agent tender, the team announced. He is taking part in voluntary offseason workouts this morning.

Good for him...I think this is probably his last year with the team.

He's a good enough player to start somewhere, and I think he'll get himself a decent contract as a UFA next offseason.

I also think it's likely that defensive line additions two weeks from now leave him as a fungible piece along Buffalo's front.

He's a good enough player to start somewhere, and I think he'll get himself a decent contract as a UFA next offseason.

I also think it's likely that defensive line additions two weeks from now leave him as a fungible piece along Buffalo's front.

Fungible...I love it!

Agree with all that.

Using words like "fungible", and even worse, spelling them correctly, are expressly forbidden in the TOS for TSW. You risk banishment.

could he replace Kyle after this season?

Sure--but my hunch is that they'll land a more talented guy to do so in the draft.

I see the most likely scenario being that they come away from the draft with a versatile option that can play anywhere from 7T all the way inside to 1T (like a Chris Jones), as well as a space-eater that can play both 0T and 1T reliably. That way they can part ways with Kyle AND let Bryant walk, going into 2017 with those 2 guys and Dareus as their starting front; needing only to add some depth behind them.