Should gatorman be banned

Should gatorman be banned?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should gatorman be banned

• Yes
    • No

Since there's already an informal poll going on in another thread, and the mods pretty much let us self-moderate...let's self-moderate. Should gatorman be banned for being a general asshat and all-around nuisance?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, as I have posted a few times, I simply do not respond to him or ask him questions that he is incapable of answering.

That seems to be where most of your frustrations come in, when he cannot answer a simple question honestly (or even coherently)

So, IMO, a lot of you bring it on yourselves.

On the other hand, I do join in on pointing out his frequent absurdities and hypocrisy, so I am guilty also.

My biggest concern is how threads get thrown completely off the point on a regular basis,

if that could somehow be cut down just let him continue his little one-troll show...................it's not that important.

Yes.

He doesn't add value to threads or sub conversations within those threads, instead seeking simply to derail those threads with either irrelevant information, side tracking with the introduction of unrelated ad hom attacks, or general flame throwing.

Every conversation he injects himself in to is immediately downgraded, and that's his intention.

He makes this board a worse place to read or post.

There's zero value in that.

Addition by subtraction.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Yes.

He doesn't add value to threads or sub conversations within those threads, instead seeking simply to derail those threads with either irrelevant information, side tracking with the introduction of unrelated ad hom attacks, or general flame throwing.

Every conversation he injects himself in to is immediately downgraded, and that's his intention.

He makes this board a worse place to read or post.

There's zero value in that.

Addition by subtraction.

Would you like to shoot him now and wait until you get home?

Despite the fact that he contributes nothing beyond hyperbole, insults, and toilet references, he's often the most entertaining poster here by far. People like him can only bother you if you try to have an actual conversation, which we all know by now is utterly impossible. Responding to him (other than to make fun of him) is useless, because it's like walking up to a pile of crap and crapping on it - when you walk away, you still have a giant pile of crap, and you've only made it that much bigger.

He's only a net negative if you take anything he says as being the slightest bit serious.

Yes he does!! Shoot me now...shoot me now!!

tumblr_inline_o5gees8cy21r91wdr_540.png

Azalin, on 13 Apr 2016 - 5:22 PM, said:

Despite the fact that he contributes nothing beyond hyperbole, insults, and toilet references, he's often the most entertaining poster here by far. People like him can only bother you if you try to have an actual conversation, which we all know by now is utterly impossible. Responding to him (other than to make fun of him) is useless, because it's like walking up to a pile of crap and crapping on it - when you walk away, you still have a giant pile of crap, and you've only made it that much bigger.

He's only a net negative if you take anything he says as being the slightest bit serious.

That's the way I see it.............................see reply#2

Edited by B-Man

I'm generally not in favor of bans for stupidity

I think the board members should collectively stop replying to any post where he participates. Public shunning is better than banning.

I prefer a free-for-all. Anything that anyone wants to post is fine by me and I still hold out the slightest glimmer of hope that Gator and his allies will someday realize that liberalism doesn't produce good results.

Edited by keepthefaith

I prefer a free-for-all. Anything that anyone wants to post is fine by me and I still hold out the slightest glimmer of hope that Gator and his allies will someday realize that liberalism doesn't produce good results.

Yeah that will definitely happen.

After he realizes that, maybe he'll share the news with the old geezer from Vermont.

I could care less about his liberalism. This forum desperately needs more well spoken lefties.

The problem with gatorman is that he isn't interested in discussion, debate, or even honest argument; rather his only goal is to ruin the discussions, debates, and honest arguments that everyone else is having.

His goal is to make this forum worse.

To piggyback off TTYT, I think the treatment of gator on this board is what turns off new posters, especially lefty posters, from coming into the fray. Gator is frequently on the receiving end of the most brutal insults, and I think other posters see PPP as a place where liberals are ganged up on and attacked. Banning gator means fresher blood.

I vote yes.