Should gatorman be banned

Should gatorman be banned?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should gatorman be banned

• Yes
    • No

Gatorman has posted under different names such as Duck_dodgers and conner though he denies it.

I've been here long enough to know who is using multiple accounts and who isn't.

good, how bout enlightening us all?

those names are not contemporaneous are they? that's where the intellectual dishonesty comes into play.

Edited by birdog1960

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good, how bout enlightening us all?

those names are not contemporaneous are they? that's where the intellectual dishonesty comes into play.

No, they're not. He creates a new account every time he gets banned from PPP.

yeah, in my estimation you're in the least suspicious group. but setting up a fictitious good cop, bad cop scheme to gain advantage in an argument is within the scope of possibility for several posters here.

Really? Who else do you think I am?

Do your own homework Sue. Maybe you could ask your assistant to look into it for you?

there's no method of verification unless you are one of the culprits...

allowing unchecked intellectual dishonesty to continue when aware of it, constitutes intellectual dishonesty on it's own...

Edited by birdog1960

yeah, in my estimation you're in the least suspicious group. but setting up a fictitious good cop, bad cop scheme to gain advantage in an argument is within the scope of possibility for several posters here.

Yup, I have my suspicions also, but never cared enough to complain

I've been looking for the rules of debate here and can't find them. Do you inquisitors have access to rules that define "derailing a thread"? Sounds to me like you clods came up with BS and all passed it around the circle jerk and agreed it was a legitimate charge. I'd love to hear what it is exactly so I can point out all the times the Inquisitors do it. Which I'm sure is quit often

allowing unchecked intellectual dishonesty to continue when aware of it, constitutes intellectual dishonesty on it's own...

I'll give you a hint. He owns a squirrel and hates Canadians.

Or unless you're paying attention.

I said it before: you can find all gatorman's previous accounts by searching on the misspelling "stimulous."

We're pretty much a self-moderated board. Darin's explicitly said so - he won't police people for just being duplicitous !@#$s.

I've been looking for the rules of debate here and can't find them. Do you inquisitors have access to rules that define "derailing a thread"? Sounds to me like you clods came up with BS and all passed it around the circle jerk and agreed it was a legitimate charge. I'd love to hear what it is exactly so I can point out all the times the Inquisitors do it. Which I'm sure is quit often

The only rule I know of is regarding profanity - the normal TBD rules are largely suspended here due to the contentious nature of political discussion in general.

Defining "derailing a thread" is pretty obvious - posting something intentionally inflammatory or unrelated to the topic pretty much covers it. A relevant example would be Baskin's attempt to change the subject of banning you to his perceived failures of conservatism, or your own initial response (post # 2) in \GoBillsInDallas/'s "Get Off My Lawn" thread.

The only rule I know of is regarding profanity - the normal TBD rules are largely suspended here due to the contentious nature of political discussion in general.

Defining "derailing a thread" is pretty obvious - posting something intentionally inflammatory or unrelated to the topic pretty much covers it. A relevant example would be Baskin's attempt to change the subject of banning you to his perceived failures of conservatism, or your own initial response (post # 2) in \GoBillsInDallas/'s "Get Off My Lawn" thread.

You mean a thread that absolutely no one had replied in, hence post #2, had cycled off to the second page and was probably going to disappear? That you seriously consider that a problem says more about you people whining than it does about me.

Or unless you're paying attention.

I said it before: you can find all gatorman's previous accounts by searching on the misspelling "stimulous."

We're pretty much a self-moderated board. Darin's explicitly said so - he won't police people for just being duplicitous !@#$s.

thewn leave gator alone. people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

You mean a thread that absolutely no one had replied in, hence post #2, had cycled off to the second page and was probably going to disappear? That you seriously consider that a problem says more about you people whining than it does about me.

You asked for something defining what constitutes derailing a thread. I provided you two examples. Don't ask for something and then B word about getting it.

You asked for something defining what constitutes derailing a thread. I provided you two examples. Don't ask for something and then B word about getting it.

Thank you for proving its a BS issue then. Me posting in a basically dead thread didn't derail anything