NFL.com: Darby to have breakout season #1 corner on team

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I'm reading this right, the guy that said that Marcus Peters is one of the top 5 corners in the NFL--and made no mention of Darby--is saying that the thinks that this year the rest of the world will finally recognize just how good Darby is as a corner?

:lol:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000650886/article/ronald-darby-bud-dupree-among-year-2-breakout-candidates-on-defense

Quite the recognition for Darby but is it a slight of Gilmore?

Either way, if Darby improves on a stellar rookie season the Bills could have the best CB tandem in the league.

Not at all.

Gilmore is better than Darby.

Who cares who is better? They are both the best CBs we've had in a long time and I just hope we can keep them together for a while.

LT saying he's going to get 8 picks though? He's more of a break-up passes guy than a picks guy.

Edited by Mark80

Who cares who is better? They are both the best CBs we've had in a long time and I just hope we can keep them together for a while.

LT saying he's going to get 8 picks though? He's more of a break-up passes guy than a picks guy.

Agreed--I don't see picks as a great indicator of performance. I see lack of targets by opposing QBs as the biggest indicator.

Gilmore is established and has a consistent record of being efficient and productive Darby had a great rookie year. i hope and expect this to continue but it is not a sure thing. Nothing is ever a given but Gilmore's status is far more established.

I think Darby in the 2nd was a steal like everyone else but teams do adjust. He had question marks coming out and he outperformed on all of them. This year we'll know if he can maintain that for a career. Carlos is another example of this. He had a ton of great plays but the concussion concerns were there pre-draft and remain. Like everyone say...it takes 3 years to judge a draft class. That is true when the guy starts out poorly and also when he starts out great. Everyone seems down on Miller for example but I don't see it that way at all.

Gilmore is established and has a consistent record of being efficient and productive Darby had a great rookie year. i hope and expect this to continue but it is not a sure thing. Nothing is ever a given but Gilmore's status is far more established.

I think Darby in the 2nd was a steal like everyone else but teams do adjust. He had question marks coming out and he outperformed on all of them. This year we'll know if he can maintain that for a career. Carlos is another example of this. He had a ton of great plays but the concussion concerns were there pre-draft and remain. Like everyone say...it takes 3 years to judge a draft class. That is true when the guy starts out poorly and also when he starts out great. Everyone seems down on Miller for example but I don't see it that way at all.

I didn't know we had a Carlos....I know we have a Karlos

This is probably the best Bills CB tandem the Bills have had since we had Winfield and Clements. Hopefully we can keep them together longer than we did with those two.

With that said, if we had a topic of which Bills player from last year was most likely to regress, or have the most significant regression, however you want to word it, I really feel like it would be Darby... And it's just a feeling. Donnie Henderson is gone, and I think he was a major asset to the Bills' DBs, but my feeling isn't just limited to that one single reason. Sure, there are other players who could regress (Karlos, Tyrod, Incognito, Aaron), but Darby's, I feel, the most likely.

This is probably the best Bills CB tandem the Bills have had since we had Winfield and Clements. Hopefully we can keep them together longer than we did with those two.

With that said, if we had a topic of which Bills player from last year was most likely to regress, or have the most significant regression, however you want to word it, I really feel like it would be Darby... And it's just a feeling. Donnie Henderson is gone, and I think he was a major asset to the Bills' DBs, but my feeling isn't just limited to that one single reason. Sure, there are other players who could regress (Karlos, Tyrod, Incognito, Aaron), but Darby's, I feel, the most likely.

Let's hope they'll be as good as or better than Edgerson and Byrd by the time they're done as Bills.

Gilmore took on some tough assignments. Now we just need someone to guard edelman and gronk.

They seemed to figure out how to handle them just fine in the 2nd game; it was LB and safety play (again) that killed them.

They seem to be accumulating versatile corners like Sterling Moore and Corey White this offseason--my guess is that they plan to lock Darby 1-on-1 with Edelman and let Gilmore and Moore play the boundary.

8 picks would have tied for the lead last year. He had 2 and 21 passes defended. I expect to see this defense top 5 in the league in pass defense and the defense in general.

We expected that last year too. Just saying.

We even sniff a top 10 defense and run the ball as effective as last year this team will go to the playoffs. But as we all know too painfully. That's one big IF.