NFL.com Patriot* love - 2 of 8 under the radar FA signings

I agree with the writer on Hogan. He is a great fit for that system and an upgrade at receiver over Amendola. He could have a really big year. As for Chris Long, more of a stop gap measure as he clearly is a downgrade over Chandler Jones. They will draft somebody for that spot and hope Long can at least be serviceable in the short term.

I agree with the writer on Hogan. He is a great fit for that system and an upgrade at receiver over Amendola. He could have a really big year. As for Chris Long, more of a stop gap measure as he clearly is a downgrade over Chandler Jones. They will draft somebody for that spot and hope Long can at least be serviceable in the short term.

Yeah Hogan is likely to have a very solid season.

We prefer to be called "high motor" or "high effort" guys.

Gym Rats

If he catches the ball consistently he can gain Brady's trust which is important. I think he can and will. But, still needs to prove it in an expanded role.

Again, don't see how Hogan catches many passes with Gronk and Edelman ahead of him, as well as Bennett. who will be demanding to get his catches so he can cash-in in FA next year. He'll likely have a "career year" like Chandler did. As for Long, despite being the 2nd overall pick, he never even made a Pro Bowl, and he just turned 31 the other day.

Again, don't see how Hogan catches many passes with Gronk and Edelman ahead of him, as well as Bennett. who will be demanding to get his catches so he can cash-in in FA next year. He'll likely have a "career year" like Chandler did. As for Long, despite being the 2nd overall pick, he never even made a Pro Bowl, and he just turned 31 the other day.

I wish I was drafted 2nd and made that money. Id settle to hold a clip board and only be featured on utensil commericlas

Hogan is not an upgrade over Amendola. He will be lucky to do as well.

I think Hogan is insurance for Edelman, plus this is his audition to be next in line for that job. Edelman's shelf life is growing short.

I don't expect a huge year for Hogan, but I think you'll see a big step forward for him.

IF he stays healthy. Schematically Hogan is a good fit? But at 6'1 he is going to take more abuse than the 5'10 Amendola. Not to mention he is not as quick and had a tendency to short arm receptions. I see Hogan being a guy who has a few big games but falls out of favor by the end of the season.

Breaking News: Back to the future star Alex P. Keaton says that Hogan will have the same season he had in Buffalo next year. When asked how he knows this? Keaton answered: Cuz he effing sucks!

Newsflash: Brady finally gets injured and plans on retiring and moving to Brazil where he will focus on his 2017 Carnaval dance!