The best move for the Bills in the draft is to trade down.

I'm not saying he will but u never know. The point is if PL has a future franchise QB grade from the Bills it's imperative that we don't let our division rivals get him.

If he has that grade from the Bills I have changed my mind on Whaley and co. I, like everyone have been wrong on my fair share of QBs who would be good coming out..... but my record on guys I called as busts is pretty spot on.

Lynch will fail in the NFL.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if we don't see PL as a future franchise guy we should show heavy interest to make our rivals move up to get him.

If he has that grade from the Bills I have changed my mind on Whaley and co. I, like everyone have been wrong on my fair share of QBs who would be good coming out..... but my record on guys I called as busts is pretty spot on.

Lynch will fail in the NFL.

I also have pretty good record calling out busts, Jemarcus, Gabbert, Ponder,Locker just to name a few.

The problem with Lynch is he comes from the air raid 1 read offense. Although he fits the Bill when it comes to Arm strength and size 6'7 250lbs and is a good athlete for his size. 1 read QBs are really hard to project to the NFL and they need a couple seasons on the bench learning how to become a QB that can go threw his progressions and anticipate but a NFL level

The problem with Lynch is he comes from the air raid 1 read offense. Although he fits the Bill when it comes to Arm strength and size 6'7 250lbs and is a good athlete for his size. 1 read QBs are really hard to project to the NFL and they need a couple seasons on the bench learning how to become a QB that can go threw his progressions and anticipate but a NFL level

Which is what he shoulg get if we draft him... until Tyrod's little body finally breaks down.

agreed with all, but no one's gonna trade up to 19.

I can only see Denver doing it, IF they like Paxton Lynch enough.

That's if they ever can learn to do it. I don't take a project QB in the first round if I'm Whaley. I can find projects with the same arm strength as Lynch later in the draft who also need to learn how to become an NFL level QB from a reading the field standpoint.

Edited by purple haze

I can only see Denver doing it, IF they like Paxton Lynch enough.

That's if they ever can learn to do it. I don't take a project QB in the first round if I'm Whaley. I can find projects with the same arm strength as Lynch later in the draft who also need to learn how to become an NFL level QB from a reading the field standpoint.

These is a key feature for me. Bills only decent QB in years was not developed by the Bills per se.

That may have well have changed with the current staff, but Bills have a terrible history of QB development. and Fitz is only decent under Chan

Edited by 3rdand12

I agree with this.....IF they can find a trade partner.

The player I am targeting in the first is Vernon Butler......I think if we can slide down a ways and pick up another late 2nd round pick......

Also agree. In fact I'd love to see two or three trades down.

as long as they find some ready to rock players, i am fine with gathering more.

I just don't see much coming our way.

and next year we will be picking in the 30s

We have 8 picks this year.......not sure who is out there that a team would need to trade up to 19th pick

It really depends - if a team loves a QB (Paxton Lynch?), they may want to move up. The Bills did it for JP Losman. Other teams have done it too. Lots of examples, actually.

It really depends - if a team loves a QB (Paxton Lynch?), they may want to move up. The Bills did it for JP Losman. Other teams have done it too. Lots of examples, actually.

Definitely, There's fool born every minute isn't that the saying? I would be elated to trade bk and acquire extra pks especially this yr because the draft is more depth based then top heavy star potential. Considering the Bills have there core in place all we need is the toppings on the salad. Having a extra 2 and 3 can go along way because this draft has great value at positions of need for us Dline, Safety, Lbers & Wrs are in abundance in rounds 2 threw 4.

I would love to come out of this draft with a mixture of players like Sterling Shepard, Deon Jones, Vernon Butler, Sua Cravens, Chris Jones, Knemdiche, Dj Reader, Kamalia Correa, and even a diamond like Shawn Oakman etc, etc. This draft is loaded in complementary players that can eventually reach stardom.

What're you looking to acquire? What would be the plan with that? I don't want to see the Bills trading away position in early rounds for later round picks. They have 8 selections already. I don't know what moving back in early rounds an having 10 or 11 does for them. Or are you looking to make big enough moves back to acquire picks for next season?

Edited by BarleyNY

What're you looking to acquire? What would be the plan with that? I don't want to see the Bills trading away position in early rounds for later round picks. They have 8 selections already. I don't know what moving back in early rounds an having 10 or 11 does for them. Or are you looking to make big enough moves back to acquire picks for next season?

How bout a little bit of both lets say we make a deal with Dallas they move up from #34 to #19 in return we receive a 2nd , 3rd, 5th & 1st in 2017. Now we have 10pks and after losing some serious depth this offseason players like Mckelvin, Bradham, Hogan & others. We need these extra pks to fill holes not only that but to help with the cap situation.

Having these extra pks in rounds where Whaley, Monos and others have flourished recently in draft puts us in great spot . lets say we nail both our 2nds with instant starters, then with the 6pks in rounds 3 threw 5 with 2 in each. We can start to draft players to develop threw the pipeline. This is very important moving forward with the cap rising and free agents costing teams to make tough decisions. I have full confidence in Whaley & co to keep pumping out studs threw the draft thats why its a great idea to move bk and load up pks.

Nasty you're being sarcastic, right? A trade from 34 to 19 and Dallas gives up a 2nd, 3rd, 5th, amd 1st next year? Please tell me you're kidding as that is something out of "Draft Day".

Dallas nor any other team would ever make that trade so again I'm assuming you are just kidding.

Ah, the annual trade-down thread.

A few thoughts:

1) someone else needs to trade up, which means there needs to be a target they covet

2) you better be sure that you can get your man later. Trading down is essentially saying that there's nobody you like at that spot

I'm okay if they move down in round 1, provided they still get an impact guy--like Correa, Butler, or Ogbah for example.

Is prefer, however, that they nail the #19 pick without messing around

Nasty you're being sarcastic, right? A trade from 34 to 19 and Dallas gives up a 2nd, 3rd, 5th, amd 1st next year? Please tell me you're kidding as that is something out of "Draft Day".

Dallas nor any other team would ever make that trade so again I'm assuming you are just kidding.

So for trading up 15 spots u think your gonna net just a 3 & 5 profit. I don't think anybody does that. If anything take out the 5 and add something next yr. Just look at our trade with Cleve for moving up 5spot we gave them 2 firsts and a couple of 4s.

Essentially the Cowboys will be giving us a 2,3 & 5 for someone they believe to be a franchise QB for them in the future. That's cheap if u ask me.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

Ah, the annual trade-down thread.

A few thoughts:

1) someone else needs to trade up, which means there needs to be a target they covet

2) you better be sure that you can get your man later. Trading down is essentially saying that there's nobody you like at that spot

I'm okay if they move down in round 1, provided they still get an impact guy--like Correa, Butler, or Ogbah for example.

Is prefer, however, that they nail the #19 pick without messing around

1 ) agreed , obviously. Bills would need to create the illusion, at least, of leverage.

2 )What if the y like 3 or 4 players around 19 ? Is it worth moving back 2-4 spots. This is where the devil and his details come in to play.

Trading out or nearly out of round 1 had better one hell of deal otherwise. Not sure feel warm and fuzzy about that.

We are only talking hypothetical of course

I really do not expect a move to gain picks from 19. But i won't mind if the Bills move up or down a couple if the luck falls their way.

Yeah I dont now about trading down more then once.....I def dont want to go out of the first round.....

We have been hearing that DL is 3 rounds deep of starters in this draft....I am counting on that.

It would be nice to have an additional 2nd in this draft.