Home remidies for the flu?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had it the past 2 days and my wife could have our baby any time now.

I want to get rid of this asap because I would hate for her to catch this

Any suggestions would help

Thanks everyone

CBF

Flu shot. An ounce of prevention is greater than a pound of cure.

Too late, I know, but get your flu shot next year!

Are you sure it's the flu and not hydrophobe? If you have hydrophobe, just remember Old Yeller had to be shot. Stay in your garage for three days and see if you develop foamy saliva at the corners of your mouth.

You assume he spends time in places other than the garage...

I got some sort of cold or other virus and went to the Dr.

He said the flu vaccine from last year was not specific for the strain that actually hit - therefore there was widespread influenza in the population.

He said that this year's formula was specific for the strain that hit - so there are fewer cases of flu this year.

I'm not buying that. I've been coughing for nearly eight weeks with this crap. The first three weeks were horrible. I've never had a cold like this one. It just lingers on and on. :angry:

Went to the Dr's Friday and glad I did.

Turns out in addition to the flu I also have bronchitis. Bad enough that he thought it was pneumonia and had me do an urgent x-ray to rule it out.

Got antibiotics and I am starting to feel much better

Thanks everyone for their suggestions and input

CBF

I got some sort of cold or other virus and went to the Dr.

He said the flu vaccine from last year was not specific for the strain that actually hit - therefore there was widespread influenza in the population.

He said that this year's formula was specific for the strain that hit - so there are fewer cases of flu this year.

I'm not buying that. I've been coughing for nearly eight weeks with this crap. The first three weeks were horrible. I've never had a cold like this one. It just lingers on and on. :angry:

Likewise, I'm in my 4th or 5th week of a cough that I just can't shake. So frustrating and annoying.