Home remidies for the flu?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, tons of fluids, vitamin C, remove carbs and sugars from diet, and plenty of rest.

Also, my Mother always gave us a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water a few times per day. Not sure why it works, but it seems to do the trick.

I am not a doctor, but I did stay at a Comfort Inn last night.

Have had it the past 2 days and my wife could have our baby any time now.

I want to get rid of this asap because I would hate for her to catch this

Any suggestions would help

Thanks everyone

CBF

It won't cure the flu. It'll just make you realize that having the flu isn't the worst thing in the world.

There are so many do it yourself, homeophobic remedies for the common flu:

Sneak up behind the sick person and scare them.

Gargle orange juice and other beverages high in vitamin C.

Take a bath in tomato juice

Drink a lot of cranberry juice

Calamine lotion helps a lot

When my little brother was sick with the flu we used to wait until he was asleep and then dip his testicles in a bowl of warm water. You might want to put the rubber sheets on the bed for that home remedy LOL!

Thanks everyone

CBF

Unfortunetly there is no medical treatment that can remedy the flu except time but there are things that can help to make you more comfortable while you are fighting the flu like fever and congestion reducing cold meds (Tylenol Cold & Flu), drink lots of fluids and eat easy food to get down and digest like chicken soup.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Thanks everyone

CBF

Sorry buddy but if it truly is the flu (virus) only time and your bodies defenses will knock it down. Talk with your doc about tamiflu but it is only effective if timely and may only slightly speed up your recovery.

As for your wife - tough timing but stay away from her as much as is possible and was your hands regularly.

Sorry buddy but if it truly is the flu (virus) only time and your bodies defenses will knock it down. Talk with your doc about tamiflu but it is only effective if timely and may only slightly speed up your recovery.

As for your wife - tough timing but stay away from her as much as is possible and was your hands regularly.

Yup, good advice. Since the baby is on the way it might be a good idea to go for a quick visit at the doctors office to get his opinion that it is 100% a virus (flu). If the doc finds it is bacterial instead than you could be remedied with antibiotics.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

There are so many do it yourself, homeophobic remedies for the common flu:

Sneak up behind the sick person and scare them.

Gargle orange juice and other beverages high in vitamin C.

Take a bath in tomato juice

Drink a lot of cranberry juice

Calamine lotion helps a lot

When my little brother was sick with the flu we used to wait until he was asleep and then dip his testicles in a bowl of warm water. You might want to put the rubber sheets on the bed for that home remedy LOL!

I think you mean homeophile remedies... LoL...