RCW: Two Years Ago

Because of Ralph Wilson bringing the Bills to Buffalo, some of my earliest memories are with family and the Bills...From my grandfather sitting in his chair calling them the BUFFALO BUMS!!! to my father calling Ralph Wilson a cheap son of a B word only to rethink that when he was in the Ralph & Mary Wilson, Jr., Hospice Inpatient Unit at the end of his life. The links from my grandparents, parents and now my kids to the Buffalo Bills impacted our lives beyond compare.

Thank you Mr. Wilson

I was traveling when the word cam through and recall listening to the WGR Radio (through their APP) constantly following his Passing.

Hearing people, Fans, Reporters call in including Bill Polian and so many others speak of the fond memories of this Courageous, Very Smart, and Humble Man made me appreciate him even more.

Thank You "RCW"!

Some of the best times my father and I had together before he passed away in 2008 were at Bills games.

...thank you, Ralph.

Got to agree. I think the Bills were the one thing my father and I had most in common. I use to give him crap about being such a pessimist. He passed in 2004. i turned 40 last year and like so many other things that my dad did that I now do, I have begun to be that pessimist.

I don't this his true value and intelligence were appreciated until well after he passed. The structure of the stadium lease almost ensured the Bills would stay here then his foundation gave so much of his wealth back to the community. He clearly loved Buffalo, its people and the Bills. RIP RCW.............you have earned it

Because of Ralph Wilson bringing the Bills to Buffalo, some of my earliest memories are with family and the Bills...From my grandfather sitting in his chair calling them the BUFFALO BUMS!!! to my father calling Ralph Wilson a cheap son of a B word only to rethink that when he was in the Ralph & Mary Wilson, Jr., Hospice Inpatient Unit at the end of his life. The links from my grandparents, parents and now my kids to the Buffalo Bills impacted our lives beyond compare.

Thank you Mr. Wilson

Because of Mr. Wilson, I have memories of my dad and brother arguing over Ferguson in the 70's. Coming home from college with friends in the late 80's to a weekend at my house with 8 guys, sleeping all over the house, waking up to my dad having coffee with one of my buddies who was an old man before his time. My mom making the whole gang breakfast after a long night at the Brick bar drinking those cases of OV splits, and so on. Doing it all over again on Saturday night, to sleep 3 hours, then hauling everyone up to Rich stadium tailgating all morning, beating the Jets, Steelers, and the Jets again.

Going to the K of C when my dad was the manager there as a side job to the Buffalo News, and he had the old dish. All of my buddies post college, family, and all of the K of C families watching in the lounge together. Back then my dad kept the doors locked as it was against the rules to watch the home games and have a party at a club. All of those memories, laughs, and heartache over the Bills bringing mine and so many families together for our Bills.

Ralph could have taken this team out of Buffalo so many times. He could have knuckled under to the owners of large metropolitan markets, but didn't and was a reason for revenue sharing. Those NFL business decisions are the reasons why we have the Buffalo Bills, Cincinnatti Bengals, Jacksonville Jaguars and so on. He was a courageous person who stood for the little guy.

We can dissect all of the things he did wrong, or remember what he contributed to our beloved Bills and the city of Buffalo. Many of you know i moved away 25 years ago, but my heart will always be with Buffalo, and the Wilson family made the city better with all of the things they have done for the people of this city.

Thanks Mr. Wilson. I don't know what life would be like without what you did for all of us.

Got to agree. I think the Bills were the one thing my father and I had most in common. I use to give him crap about being such a pessimist. He passed in 2004. i turned 40 last year and like so many other things that my dad did that I now do, I have begun to be that pessimist.

I hear us on that, so loud and clear, all!