Liberal Protests

B-Man

Interesting contrast posted today by IowaHawkBlog...one of the more thoughtful social media posters.

DAD2JOsUIAALcXf.jpgDAD2JzQVwAAPvBP.jpg

I have clients who are from India. We're doing some college planning. Their son is 8 and has already expressed an interest in Stanford or Berkeley. His father calls him a geek. LOL. BTW based on current cost and a modest inflation 4 years at Stanford for their 8 will be about $340k.

Interesting contrast posted today by IowaHawkBlog...one of the more thoughtful social media posters.

Of course Math is inherently Raysis©. Numbers were culturally appropriated by White people from the Arabs (who themselves 'appropriated' it from India)

The reason.com blog doesn't even do that math course justice. It is a mammoth pile of looney navel-gazing bull ****.

A group of Notre Dame students walked out at the start of Vice President Pence’s commencement speech Sunday.

The protest had been planned in advance so the walkout was not a surprise.

What may have been a surprise was how few students actually decided to join the walkout.

The group that organized the protest cited a news report saying 150 people walked out

However, if you read the story it says about half of the 150 were students and the other half were family members.

I’d say that’s about 60-75 students, which is not a very significant turnout in a graduating class of 3,000.

Protestors.jpeg?resize=403%2C600

Upon seeing dozens of Notre Dame graduates walk out of Vice President Pence’s commencement address, I wondered whether any conservative students have ever walked out on any liberal speaker’s college address? I can’t think of a single instance.

The fact that it is only lefties who feel compelled to demonstrate their self-righteousness ought to tell us something about the asymmetry of manners, among other things, between left and right.

--Steven Hayward

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/05/loose-ends-23.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+powerlineblog%2Flivefeed+%28Power+Line%29

Upon seeing dozens of Notre Dame graduates walk out of Vice President Pence’s commencement address, I wondered whether any conservative students have ever walked out on any liberal speaker’s college address? I can’t think of a single instance.

The fact that it is only lefties who feel compelled to demonstrate their self-righteousness ought to tell us something about the asymmetry of manners, among other things, between left and right.

--Steven Hayward

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/05/loose-ends-23.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+powerlineblog%2Flivefeed+%28Power+Line%29

The immature lack of respect is astounding.

I sometimes wondered why people were wearing bike helmets to these "protests". Well, because you might get hit with a bike lock. Makes perfect sense!

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/05/24/berkeley-college-professor-arrested-as-assault-suspect/

Super surprising this isn't all over the normal news channels. Cuz man there is some great video of it.

Edited by Golden*Wheels

• 2 weeks later...

Portland and the Left’s False Narrative

The coverage of the Pro-Trump free speech rally in Portland yesterday tells you a lot about the left’s cultural power and ability to set a narrative even when that narrative flies in the face of known facts.

The rally, which had long been scheduled, took place a week after tragic murders of two men (and serious injury of another) in Portland who were attempting to defend two young women (one of them Muslim) by Jeremy Christian, a man who voted for Bernie Sanders, and acknowledged he could not bring himself to vote for Trump. Christian’s horrific act was immediately seized on by Ted Wheeler, the Democratic Mayor of Portland, as cause for the federal government to cancel a permit for the Pro-Trump rally.

And short of some voices on the right, and a few honorable ones in the media, the narrative continued in this way, as if there was some sort of direct line between Christian’s murders and Trump supporters advocating for their political beliefs. As for the rally itself (which did take place as the Feds declined to cancel their permit) While local media did their best to bury the story, the left-wing Antifa and their allies again made up the bulk (if not all) of arrests, in many cases for hurling various projectiles at police.

Before the rally, the ACLU, which has not exactly covered itself in glory as of late, earned credit for unreservedly sticking up for the free speech rights of the Pro-Trump demonstrators– as did some notable members of the media, but it was remarkable how much of a free pass that Portland’s Mayor’s stand got from many, given that his call for the rally’s cancelation flew directly in the face of the obvious first amendment rights of the Trump supporters and that his call was so obviously pretextual.

Attendees at the actual event, rather than the rally of Mayor Wheeler’s imagination, reported it to be positive and patriotic, despite the comments by Mayor Wheeler who wrote beforehand that “there is never a place for bigotry or hatred in our community, and especially not now.”

{snip}

In his continued defense of his call for the Pro-Trump rally’s cancelation, Mayor Wheeler wrote that “As we move forward, we need to reckon with the fact that racist attitudes lead to racist words, and that racist words lead to violence. And we need to decide what we’re going to do about it.”

I’d respectfully suggest that we’d be far better off concentrating on what we are going to do about the left’s obsession with shutting down conservative speech using any pretext it can find, and how they intend to square that desire with the Americans’ First Amendment rights.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/448277/not-our-name-portland-and-lefts-cultural-power

Lack of respect? They're fighting Nazis. You don't show Hitler respect.

they see themselves as the Churchill of the present day?

the speech for convocation is hopefully over soon and maybe has a funny line, not a thing said is of any importance or remembered 3 seconds after it, thank goodness, ends.

Edited by row_33

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to find the best place to put this, and I suspect this is the best place because it's tied around CA and it's seemingly endless need to throw a hissy fit when other states don't behave like CA.

As some of you know, CA has banned travel to states that pass legislation with which CA disagrees.

One of those states is Tennessee, who has the nuts to call out CA for it's stupidity with this joint resolution

:

DDQWj2RWsAAPUPc.jpg

Trying to find the best place to put this, and I suspect this is the best place because it's tied around CA and it's seemingly endless need to throw a hissy fit when other states don't behave like CA.

As some of you know, CA has banned travel to states that pass legislation with which CA disagrees.

One of those states is Tennessee, who has the nuts to call out CA for it's stupidity with this joint resolution

:

DDQWj2RWsAAPUPc.jpg

Tennessee sure has the nuts! Let's all throw a pity party for them. That will pay the bills!

Tennessee sure has the nuts! Let's all throw a pity party for them. That will pay the bills!

There is NO weaker response on this board than EII, Baskin, Gator, and the rest trotting out the old "you're whining", "pity party", "crying about the media" chestnut.

All it says to everyone on the board is.............................I have no real response to the substance of that post

Edited by B-Man

:

DDQWj2RWsAAPUPc.jpg

I never thought I'd see the day when Tennessee would be the metaphorical adults in the room.

What's next? West Virginia being a hotbed of advanced education?

There is NO weaker response on this board than EII, Baskin, Gator, and the rest trotting out the old "you're whining", "pity party", "crying about the media" chestnut.

All it says to everyone on the board is.............................I have no real response to the substance of that post

Because there is no substance to that post except trying to claim some moral high ground when one is morally corrupt.

Because there is no substance to that post except trying to claim some moral high ground when one is morally corrupt.

You do know that you're talking about California and morality, right?

They advertise themselves as the state that experiments with what is socially acceptable.