Bills restructure Kyle Williams

FireChan

Mike Rodak @mikerodak 14m14 minutes ago

Another day, another restructure: the Bills have renegotiated Kyle Williams’ deal, saving them $1.75M against the 2016 cap

Mike Rodak @mikerodak 14m14 minutes ago

After restructuring Kyle Williams’ deal, lowering his 2016 base salary to $4.25M, the Bills have $7.57M in cap space.

Me and Rodak going back to back.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but I am not understanding the restructures at this point? Why are they so set on freeing up cap space for this year? Where do they plan on going with it at this point?

If they don't use the space they just roll it over, so kind of a "why not" I guess

Man i love Kyle. 2nd time he has restructured to help out the Bills

CBF

Unless he took an actual pay cut this isn't selfless, it benefits the player to take money today instead of waiting for game checks. Every guy on the roster would be down for that.

Man i love Kyle. 2nd time he has restructured to help out the Bills

CBF

He sees the writing on the wall and realizes if cut he's unlikely to get paid more than his restructured deal will pay him.

I'm sorry but I am not understanding the restructures at this point? Why are they so set on freeing up cap space for this year? Where do they plan on going with it at this point?

FA isn't over.

I guess that you are right. I was just thinking that the dead hit will be bigger but if they roll over more space it kind of cancels out.

The dead hit will be bigger, yes. The main reason to restructure is to make needed space available for this year. If there is any reason to think Kyle may not be with the team next year, it wouldn't make sense.

Sounds like they are making space to sign one or two targets.

The dead hit will be bigger, yes. The main reason to restructure is to make needed space available for this year. If there is any reason to think Kyle may not be with the team next year, it wouldn't make sense.

Sounds like they are making space to sign one or two targets.

or they roll over the money saved and it covers next years hit if it doesnt work out. really the only way there is "harm" is if it ends up being a spend every last dollar and then have to cut him too.

The Bills have to clear enough cap space to pay their rookies.....draft picks and undrafted rookie free agent signings. Don't know that exact number, but I think it would take most of what they have left after this restructure.