Bills restructure Kyle Williams

FireChan

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 14m14 minutes ago

Another day, another restructure: the Bills have renegotiated Kyle Williams’ deal, saving them $1.75M against the 2016 cap

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 14m14 minutes ago

After restructuring Kyle Williams’ deal, lowering his 2016 base salary to $4.25M, the Bills have $7.57M in cap space.

Me and Rodak going back to back.

SCOOP MASTER SLIM

Knighton.

please be true.

So they'll save $5M by cutting him next offseason instead of $6.5Mish

cold cold cold blooded man

Kyle Williams hasn't even been the team's best defensive tackle for 3 years.

he was indeed sorely missed though. Does he need to be the best or a key part of the whole?

That said i expect his reps to come down. which is not a bad thing necessarily. Reduce his wear and tear and move him around with MD

Delighted he was willing to give back to the team.

Which makes me like the meatball even more.....

I am not sure how he fits in this defense....but I do hope Williams can find his way into a productive season.

for sure John

that is a BIG difference. Cool. he likely got told that the axe was coming unless changes were made and he decided to stay put instead of uprooting his family.

conjecture. and i dont like that thinking NS.

couldn't it just be a simple handshake and an understanding

Thank you Kyle.

THIS !

Love the Meatball

When was that?

just stop.

No sir, he doesn't need to be the best--I was simply refuting the idea that he was the best player on the defense the last 3 seasons.

He wasn't even the best DT on the team, let alone the best DLmen.

He can still play a key role provided he's put in the right position to succeed.

he was indeed sorely missed though. Does he need to be the best or a key part of the whole?

That said i expect his reps to come down. which is not a bad thing necessarily. Reduce his wear and tear and move him around with MD

Delighted he was willing to give back to the team.

No sir, he doesn't need to be the best--I was simply refuting the idea that he was the best player on the defense the last 3 seasons.

He wasn't even the best DT on the team, let alone the best DLmen.

He can still play a key role provided he's put in the right position to succeed.

should we step back one more year then?

Under Jim he seemed to be pretty disruptive.

Once he got those achilles sorted out he really got off the ball well i thought.

As with most of the Bills line, the IF is truly, will he be put into a position to succeed ?

Obviously I am a blatant Kyle fanboy.

I think he brings enough still, to be a force that needs to be reckoned with.

should we step back one more year then?

Under Jim he seemed to be pretty disruptive.

Once he got those achilles sorted out he really got off the ball well i thought.

As with most of the Bills line, the IF is truly, will he be put into a position to succeed ?

Obviously I am a blatant Kyle fanboy.

I think he brings enough still, to be a force that needs to be reckoned with.

he was great in the Titans game. Figured out the snap count and all over the backfield. Edited by YoloinOhio

he was great in the Titans game. Figured out the snap count and all over the backfield.

I just have to wash away last season honestly. Forgive everyone and move on.

When the defense finally picked up steam Kyle was injured.

Glad to have him back on a couple of levels. Leadership and game knowledge. How many systems has he been in btw ?

except that gutter slut Mario. i loathe and despise him.

Man i love Kyle. 2nd time he has restructured to help out the Bills

CBF

Kudos to Kyle. Most restructures are just matters of converting salary or roster bonus money into a signing bonus to spread the hit, but Kyle appears to have taken a pay cut of $1.75M.

interestingly he and Glenn have the same agent...

Dooooo they now? Hopefully they are connected. Nice observation.

what about a strategy where when they extend glenn and gilmore they put more of the cap hit this season so that they can save on cap in future years?

Absolutely not. As mentioned in the thread already, cap space can be rolled forward so there's no real reason to use space early. The exception would be if it would be to help meet the cap floor and those calculations use cash outlays, not cap allocation. The other reason is that the cap has been rising an average of about 8% per year, so a team effectively gets an 8% discount on every year every dollar's allocation gets pushed out.

I dont know....a lot of people thought we werent gonna do anything with the meatball's contract as well

It could just be that they are gonna do exactly what they said......resign their own....maybe a FA like Kerley......and replacements on D coming in the draft

The Offense returns nearly in tact from last year and was improved

Id rather we save the $$ for a veteran NT or LB and sign Deonte Thompson, he was great in pre-season (way ahead of Dez Drop balls Lewis) and was a roster casualty. With him visiting the Bills this week I hope we pick him up. and shoutouts to Kyle for being a team player. Leaders lead by example gonna help to have him healthy this year based on leadership alone

Edited by Marty McFly

And there is nothing indicating any type of negotiations are taking place. Time is of the essence and cap space in July isn't as valuable as cap space now.

Unless of course Whaley is following the tried and true method of John Idzik and banking cap space.

Do you need a hug? It's ok to be happy when good things happen to your team, my friend. We saved money and retained a valuable leader. What's not to like?

I just have to wash away last season honestly. Forgive everyone and move on.

When the defense finally picked up steam Kyle was injured.

Glad to have him back on a couple of levels. Leadership and game knowledge. How many systems has he been in btw ?

except that gutter slut Mario. i loathe and despise him.

LMAO @ gutter slut!! it is encouraging that even tho we were missing half our starters on defense by the end of the season they were playing the most fluid in the last 2 games then all season. Was it cuz Lawson was calling the plays on defense? or bc Ryan fully installed his defense? or did the players finally catch on? questions that need answers!!

And there is nothing indicating any type of negotiations are taking place. Time is of the essence and cap space in July isn't as valuable as cap space now.

Unless of course Whaley is following the tried and true method of John Idzik and banking cap space.

You nailed it. They have somewhere in 1.5-2.5 million in real cap space for FA right now. This is why the Bills are dumpster diving. With some extensions it will open up some but it is too little too late. I have seen no indications that extensions are even evident in this free agency period.

The Bills have been completely hamstrung this off-season because of their bungling of the cap the previous two years.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

You nailed it. They have somewhere in 1.5-2.5 million in real cap space right now. With some extensions it will open up some but it is too little too late. I have seen no indications that extensions are evident in this free agency period.

The Bills have been completely hamstrung this off-season because of their bungling of the cap the previous two years.

What is not to like about a pay cut? It wasn't a restructure it was a pay cut. The Bills basically got a free $1.75M. Edited by Kirby Jackson

You nailed it. They have somewhere in 1.5-2.5 million in real cap space for FA right now. This is why the Bills are dumpster diving. With some extensions it will open up some but it is too little too late. I have seen no indications that extensions are even evident in this free agency period.

Or

They did their spending last year and THIS WAS ALL PLANNED?

LMAO @ gutter slut!! it is encouraging that even tho we were missing half our starters on defense by the end of the season they were playing the most fluid in the last 2 games then all season. Was it cuz Lawson was calling the plays on defense? or bc Ryan fully installed his defense? or did the players finally catch on? questions that need answers!!

would be nice to have solid answers wouldn't it?

Inquiring minds want to know, an all that.

: )

Or

They did their spending last year and THIS WAS ALL PLANNED?

well then, what about all he damnable bungling. Because there was bungling.

Bungler bungling bungled.

would be nice to have solid answers wouldn't it?

Inquiring minds want to know, an all that.

: )

well then, what about all he damnable bungling. Because there was bungling.

Bungler bungling bungled.

Yes! too many questions not enough answers damnit!