Chaos In Chicago!

Good thing there isn't anything like that for Trump.

Oh, wait...

http://ti.me/1QYtZjQ

That ad would have been a lot more effective if they actually showed Trump saying those things. To many though, his bluntness and rudeness that shatters political correctness is a breath of fresh air. He certainly isn't my choice for President but he does barely make it into my top 4 out of the six that are running. My concern is not so much with his policies but with him as a person.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making the minimum wage significantly higher is not going to help those with minimum wage skills all that much.

A high school diploma hasn't gone very far in probably the last 40 years or more. Yes college does need to be more affordable. Not fee...more affordable.

Providing "free" healthcare will not reduce the price of pharmaceuticals. I think it's a safe bet to assume they'll become even more expensive. I think big pharma is licking it chops at having the government as it's number one customer. See the military-industrial complex.

I won't pretend to know the cold reality like you and others do and can't really debate with you point for point, but he lays out a 6-point plan to lower pharmaceutical costs on his website. I tend to doubt these companies are hoping he wins when he's the only one set on going after them, with other candidates they can feel safe their exploitation will continue.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/fighting-to-lower-prescription-drug-prices/

the problem is that the inmates have actually come to believe they can run the asylum. I don't think any reasonable person can ignore that fact. as i said, there is a precedent and it didn't go very well until reasonably sane people regained control.

Yes these inmates are now running the asylum. Dummycunts have a long tradition of violence.

GO TRUMP

The more they try to stop him the better his showing.

TIL Mead is a Trump supporter.

I find that a bit surprising, but you do you Mead.

It's not at all to me. When I was the union shop steward it was around the time of Trump's first ascendancy. He'd just written "The Art of the Deal", and he was a hero to the quite literally "blue collar union workers" I represented. They wanted him to run for President THEN.

That ad would have been a lot more effective if they actually showed Trump saying those things. To many though, his bluntness and rudeness that shatters political correctness is a breath of fresh air. He certainly isn't my choice for President but he does barely make it into my top 4 out of the six that are running. My concern is not so much with his policies but with him as a person.

Another reason it doesn't work is because the actors convey about as much real emotion as the deal dash lady. It was so badly done it came across as an SNL fake commercial skit.

It's not at all to me. When I was the union shop steward it was around the time of Trump's first ascendancy. He'd just written "The Art of the Deal", and he was a hero to the quite literally "blue collar union workers" I represented. They wanted him to run for President THEN.

Which is what I've been saying all along. He appeals to a lot of traditional blue collar dems

He's right that the world has changed and the minimum wage should be significantly higher, a high school diploma doesn't go as far as it used to, and we're paying far more than other free countries for the same pharmaceuticals, among other things.

he's correct about THIS: http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/pikettys-inequality-story-in-six-charts. the system is designed to concentrate wealth and is doing so very efficiently and quickly. it's unsustainable and will lead to cultural upheaval in the near future if not changed. the ascendency of trump and sanders is the canary in the coal mine for the coming unrest. the difference between the 2 is that trump knows this but blames immigrants and illegals. Bernie honestly blames the system design which predetermines this outcome.

Making the minimum wage significantly higher is not going to help those with minimum wage skills all that much.

A high school diploma hasn't gone very far in probably the last 40 years or more. Yes college does need to be more affordable. Not fee...more affordable.

Providing "free" healthcare will not reduce the price of pharmaceuticals. I think it's a safe bet to assume they'll become even more expensive. I think big pharma is licking it chops at having the government as it's number one customer. See the military-industrial complex.

the gov't already is the largest buyer of pharm. the difference would be that prices would be negotiated, national formularies implemented, those not bargaining would be left out. I promise you that big pharma in no way wants this.

I won't pretend to know the cold reality like you and others do and can't really debate with you point for point, but he lays out a 6-point plan to lower pharmaceutical costs on his website. I tend to doubt these companies are hoping he wins when he's the only one set on going after them, with other candidates they can feel safe their exploitation will continue.

https://berniesanders.com/issues/fighting-to-lower-prescription-drug-prices/

I'll read his points later when I have time but you do know there is a difference between price and cost right?

the ascendency of trump and sanders is the canary in the coal mine for the coming unrest.

This I do agree with. There are many angry people on both sides and I think the divisions between the people and government and each other are becoming too vast. Something is going to give.

he's correct about THIS: http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/pikettys-inequality-story-in-six-charts. the system is designed to concentrate wealth and is doing so very efficiently and quickly. it's unsustainable and will lead to cultural upheaval in the near future if not changed. the ascendency of trump and sanders is the canary in the coal mine for the coming unrest. the difference between the 2 is that trump knows this but blames immigrants and illegals. Bernie honestly blames the system design which predetermines this outcome.

the gov't already is the largest buyer of pharm. the difference would be that prices would be negotiated, national formularies implemented, those not bargaining would be left out. I promise you that big pharma in no way wants this.

And yes our government has a great track record when it comes to negotiating costs.

And yes our government has a great track record when it comes to negotiating costs.

the VA has done a pretty good job in this single regard. so have most state Medicaid programs. the programs are paying small fractions of what other buyers in the US are.

the VA has done a pretty good job in this single regard. so have most state Medicaid programs. the programs are paying small fractions of what other buyers in the US are.

Anecdotal but true. My copay on a prescription through the VA was twice as much as what I could pay for the same thing over the counter.