Eagles Trade Mark Sanchez to Denver for 2017 Pick

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@elway In other worlds...we upgraded at quarterback for a dumb draft pick. We had to do something, so we did it. Next step to come.

At this time last year, on this board, Sanchez was a serious option.

I'd rather be the Broncos than the Bills, in just about every way.

Elway didn't say Sanchez will be the starter. He said he will compete. Perhaps Sanchez is being brought in to play the back up role.

i think it just gives them leverage to acquire Kap at lower comp level. Don't look as desperate. They needed 2 QBs and now need 1.

He's a functional QB on a team with an elite defense. He thrived in that role in NY, for a time. It's also a scenario that the Bills hope to replicate with our current defense and QB roles.

I think the Bills have higher expectations for Taylor...I certainly do....and at this point we do not have an elite defense

@elway In other worlds...we upgraded at quarterback for a dumb draft pick. We had to do something, so we did it. Next step to come.

At this time last year, on this board, Sanchez was a serious option.

I'd rather be the Broncos than the Bills, in just about every way.

That's debatable. Sure, lots of people said he was a possibility simply because of his connection to Rex but I don't think anyone was seriously pining to bring him in. Clearly OBD wasn't.

i think it just gives them leverage to acquire Kap at lower comp level. Don't look as desperate. They needed 2 QBs and now need 1.

there's talk he is going to be given the ability to compete for the starting job or could also be flipped to the 49ers as part of a deal for Kaep, reuniting him with Chip

That's debatable. Sure, lots of people said he was a possibility simply because of his connection to Rex but I don't think anyone was seriously pining to bring him in. Clearly OBD wasn't.

Omit the word "serious", and I think the statements becomes un-debatable?

This was basically that exact type of trade they had been talking out here and the names tossed around mostly were EJ and Sanchez. Looks like Philly beat the Bills to the draw on unloading there backup for something.