Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

Lombardi's Packers dominated for several years with NFL Championships and 2 Super Bowls while the Steelers and 49ers each won 4 Super Bowls with zero losses. Then there is the factor of rampant cheating with razor thin victories in Super Bowls. IMO they aren't even close to those other dynasties.

There were only 14 teams when the Packers were doing all that winning. The Pats did it in a league of 32. And of course you know that a 4-2 SB record is significantly more impressive than a 4-0 record ....

Your Pats hatred is getting the better of your analytical capabilities, I fear. I understand it.

Edited by dave mcbride

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were only 14 teams when the Packers were doing all that winning. The Pats did it in a league of 32. And of course you know that a 4-2 SB record is significantly more impressive than a 4-0 record ....

Your Pats hatred is getting the better of your analytical capabilities, I fear. I understand it.

Luckily, there is always the cheating to tarnish this

Another smart tough motivated player jumps ship..those perfectly place deflated balls will stick to his gloves like ...

And this is all to keep a guy who may be in jail next year or will limp his way through 6 games...perhaps there's lead in the Buffalo water too..

Edited by rfk

Best vacation of Kirby's life. Hogan is gone and the Pats are paying him 4mill/yr to catch 7 yard passes on 3rd and 8 and chat for hours with Belichik about lacrosse and lunch pails . We get 1.1 mill back on the cap and can get a real WR in the draft to replace him.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This post borders on the vainglorious! :lol:

And on this one occassion I admit to being guilty of that. I have taken sooooo much stick on this forum for saying I thought Hogan was good and that the rest of the league would value him that I am revelling in the moment.

Best vacation of Kirby's life. Hogan is gone and the Pats are paying him 4mill/yr to catch 7 yard passes on 3rd and 8 and chat for hours with Belichik about lacrosse and lunch pails . We get 1.1 mill back on the cap and can get a real WR in the draft to replace him.

When you say it like that...

Exactly how many players will we be replacing through the draft? W have lost a lot of depth in the past few days. Oh yes the 'free agency is young' argument is still out there. And he's worked so great in the past. Whaley said he will not be a big player in free agency and will keep our own. At least one thing was true.

Edit - I am not advocating that the Bills should have matched the Pats* offer sheet but at some point they have to start thinking of signing a few replacements before the dumpster gets rolled out

Edited by Fan in Chicago

I have been "out" as a Hogan fan for two years.

Two years ago I was told he was camp fodder with no upside. I was right they were wrong.

Last pre-season I was told no team in the league would value him enough to give $2m plus. I was right they were wrong.

I said he would make a bigger contribution than Percy Harvin who would either get hurt, flame out or both. I was right they were wrong.

I was also told last pre-season that he is no more than a back up wide receiver for most of the league when I argued that he'd be a #3 at worst for over half of it. Seems that yet again I right they were wrong.

Even last week I said I thought paying him this year was a luxury the Bills probably couldn't afford and I was told not to be so stupid Chris Hogan could never be a luxury.

Too many Bills fans have underrated Chris Hogan at every single turn. There are some still pissed that he was kept and their darling D'Rick was released, others just see a try hard white guy and presume he lacks physical gifts.

I expect him to succeed in New England and part of me will be pleased for him when he does.. maybe that fanbase will appreciate him. However, I am not going to route for him... I don't route for Patriots.

I can recall guys like Kirby saying he wasn't worth a roster spot and yet...I remember the guy making first downs and stepping up in some games. Hogan played in 83% of the snap counts in that last game against the Jets. He was the leading Bills WR in that 2nd game against the Patriots and against the Titans, Giants. Looks to me like he was the #3 WR on the team for a lot of the season and was the #2 WR in that last game against the Jets.

Losing him hurts the team IMO.

Wonder what Bills fans will say after Brady turns him into another Welker-Edelman type. Who knew about Welker when he was playing for the Dolphins? I can hear the hype now for his nickname.

Exactly how many players will we be replacing through the draft? W have lost a lot of depth in the past few days. Oh yes the 'free agency is young' argument is still out there. And he's worked so great in the past. Whaley said he will not be a big player in free agency and will keep our own. At least one thing was true.

If we can sort a longer term deal with Glenn before the 15 July deadline then as far as I am concerned Whaley has done everything he could reasonably have done in terms of keeping our own.

Can he pick up a couple of dust settles guys to plug a couple of holes? Remains to be seen.

The likes of Brooks and Bradham being mid to late round guys who play their rookie deal then are allowed to walk and replaced by more rookies is what we are going to have to get used to when we are paying an elite DT, a top 10 LT and a top 10 CB... plus Sammy and maybe Tyrod down the road.

Bills 2nd game vs patriots ? Wow we need him back so we can lose again

He helped up get 14 points against the cellar dwelling Titans ? Doooooomed

Hogan had a better year in wins than Woods did. Try again.

Hogan was our best 4th quarter close game WR in 2015.

Edited by FireChan